|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country does the author say he bought the rock?
2. What did Veleia have that helped in the production of salt?
(a) A salt lake.
(b) A salt montain.
(c) A salt mine.
(d) An underground salt spring.
3. Why did Egyptian priests abstain from salt?
(a) It killed brain power.
(b) It damaged one's skin.
(c) It was addictive.
(d) It excited sexual desire.
4. How did the plebeians usually make their money?
(a) Through writings.
(b) Through labor work.
(c) Through begging.
(d) Through performing.
5. Who is known as the most famous of Genoese sailors?
(a) Fernando Torres.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Marco Polo.
(d) Arraggi Sacchi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Parma locals feed their pigs?
2. What is the main town of Merseyside?
3. What is the direct translation of Via Salaria?
4. What became the most important salt producing town in England in the 9th century?
5. What the area of Bohemia now called?
Short Essay Questions
1. While were the colonies of Massachusetts and Virgina so reliant on Britain?
2. What is unique about the Dead Sea?
3. How did the Ventian government maximize their profits from the salt trade?
4. Why did pilgrims in New England rely so heavily on salt?
5. How did the British make salt?
6. How did salt become one of the first mediums of exchange?
7. How was Tabasco invented?
8. What problems do the British salt mines have in this section?
9. How did Salzburg cause the Salt War?
10. What virtually destroyed the salt industry in China in 1995?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)