|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents salt from absorbing into meat?
2. Which of the following countries did the Hapsburgs not rule over?
(a) Czech Republic.
3. What meat is Parma famous for producing?
(b) Pork chops.
4. What the area of Bohemia now called?
(d) Czech Republic.
5. What vegetable did the French peasants serve lean blubber with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 13?
2. What turns the brine into salt crystals?
3. What had to be done to English bacon before one cooked it?
4. What did the Romans call the salt they gave out to everybody?
5. What does the author say is the lesser known river of England?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the author become fascinated by salt?
2. How did Salzburg cause the Salt War?
3. How is Roquefort cheese made?
4. What was Garum?
5. In what way was meat an essential part of central Europe rather than salt?
6. How did the Chinese develop soy sauce?
7. How did the Chinese make salt in 800 BC.
8. How did salt help in developing one of the world's first plumbing systems?
9. How do the people of Parma make their cheese?
10. In what way can American history be described as a constant struggle over salt?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)