|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country invaded the town of Veneto?
2. What animal did the Celts prize over all others?
(a) The cow.
(b) The dog.
(c) The sheep.
(d) The pig.
3. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Salt and Independence.
(b) What is Freedom?
(c) Liberte, Egalite, Tax Breaks.
(d) Preserving Independece.
4. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(a) The American Salt Wars.
(b) The Leaving of Liverpool.
(c) The Hapsburg Pickle.
(d) The German Sauerkraut.
5. Which country does the author write about in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day did the Catholics ban the eating of meat?
2. Which of the following did the Chinese not invent?
3. What two groups was Rome divided between?
4. What mammal did the Basque like to hunt?
5. In which country does the author say he bought the rock?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Ventian government maximize their profits from the salt trade?
2. How did the Chinese make salt in 800 BC.
3. Why were the Basques different from other Europeans?
4. Why did the author become fascinated by salt?
5. How do the people of Parma make their cheese?
6. How is Roquefort cheese made?
7. How did salt become the foundation of the commercial empire in Venice?
8. What did the Japanese used to believe about salt?
9. What was the policy known as common salt?
10. How did salt become one of the first mediums of exchange?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)