|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Salt and Independence.
(b) What is Freedom?
(c) Preserving Independece.
(d) Liberte, Egalite, Tax Breaks.
2. What is Ernest Jones famous for bring to Britain and the USA?
3. What prevents salt from absorbing into meat?
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Two Ports and the Prosciutto in Between.
(b) Floating on the water.
(c) Foolish Wanderings in the Dead Sea.
(d) Salting it Away in the Adriatic.
5. Which of the following countries did the Hapsburgs not rule over?
(c) Czech Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous drilling technique became the most advance drilling technique for seven or eight centuries?
2. Which empire did Marco Polo study for twenty-five years?
3. What meat were the Celts best known for?
4. What two stones does the author say the rock was a cross between?
5. What did the Egyptians mix with Brine to make Oxalme?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did salt become one of the first mediums of exchange?
2. Why was the castle of Cardona built on a mountainside?
3. How did salt help in developing one of the world's first plumbing systems?
4. How did the people of Parma make their ham?
5. Why did pilgrims in New England rely so heavily on salt?
6. What was Garum?
7. In what way was meat an essential part of central Europe rather than salt?
8. How did the Chinese make salt in 800 BC.
9. How did Salzburg cause the Salt War?
10. How did the Basques earn their fortune before the discovery of salt?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)