|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color would the Celts paint their bodies when fighting?
2. In which country does the author say he bought the rock?
3. Who is known as the most famous of Genoese sailors?
(a) Fernando Torres.
(b) Arraggi Sacchi.
(c) Marco Polo.
(d) Christopher Columbus.
4. What culture is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. For which Italian city did the Barcelonans buy imported salt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the purple dye represent?
2. How is Yi Dun believed to have made salt?
3. What is the main town of Merseyside?
4. What is the title of Chapter 10?
5. What kind of material did the Chinese use for the pipes of the first plumbing systems?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Basques discover cod?
2. How did the Basques earn their fortune before the discovery of salt?
3. How did the British make salt?
4. What did the Japanese used to believe about salt?
5. How do the people of Parma make their cheese?
6. How did salt help in developing one of the world's first plumbing systems?
7. How did the Ventian government maximize their profits from the salt trade?
8. What influence has salt had on modern day language?
9. Why was the castle of Cardona built on a mountainside?
10. How did ketchup develop into tomato ketchup?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)