|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What the area of Bohemia now called?
(b) Czech Republic.
2. What was known as Cordona's main treasure?
(a) A silver mine.
(b) A mountain of salt.
(c) A gold mine.
(d) A sealake.
3. Which country does the author write about in Chapter 12?
4. What color would the Celts paint their bodies when fighting?
5. Which of the following did the Chinese not invent?
(b) The compass.
(c) The radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the salt wars start?
2. In which country is Salzburg a town?
3. What is the name of the process in which the Japanese ferment beans in earthen pots?
4. Which continent did the Vikings go to in search of cod?
5. What do the French age their cheese in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Basques different from other Europeans?
2. What did Marco Polo do while in Mongolia?
3. How did salt become the foundation of the commercial empire in Venice?
4. In what way was meat an essential part of central Europe rather than salt?
5. What influence has salt had on modern day language?
6. How did salt help in developing one of the world's first plumbing systems?
7. How did salt become one of the first mediums of exchange?
8. Why was salt in such high demand in Britain?
9. What did the Japanese used to believe about salt?
10. How did ketchup develop into tomato ketchup?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)