|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Saint Barbara the patron saint of?
(a) German salt miners.
(b) German salt traders.
(c) German sailors.
(d) British sailors.
2. What did the Parma locals feed their pigs?
3. Which of the following did the Chinese not invent?
(b) The compass.
(c) The radio.
4. What do Parma locals combine milk curds with to make their cheese?
5. What is the direct translation of Via Salaria?
(a) Salt path.
(b) Salt road.
(c) Salt freeway.
(d) Salt river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of the national dish of Poland?
3. What became the most important salt producing town in England in the 9th century?
4. What fish needs to be salted immediately or it will go bad?
5. Which town eventually conquered Veleia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Ventian government maximize their profits from the salt trade?
2. Why were the Basques different from other Europeans?
3. How did the Chinese develop soy sauce?
4. Why were the Celts viewed as fearsome warriors?
5. What did Marco Polo do while in Mongolia?
6. Why was salt in such high demand in Britain?
7. How did Salzburg cause the Salt War?
8. How did the Basques earn their fortune before the discovery of salt?
9. What was the policy known as common salt?
10. In what way was meat an essential part of central Europe rather than salt?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)