|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color would the Celts paint their bodies when fighting?
2. What is the name of the process in which the Japanese ferment beans in earthen pots?
(b) Chloride fermentation.
(c) Lactic acid fermentation.
3. Which emperor lead the Romans to victory against the Celts?
4. What famous American had Parmesan shipped to America?
(a) Benjaman Franklyn,
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
5. What is Ernest Jones famous for bring to Britain and the USA?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fish did the Basque find was more valuable than whale meat?
2. What do Parma locals combine milk curds with to make their cheese?
3. What had to be done to English bacon before one cooked it?
4. In which country does the author say he bought the rock?
5. What the area of Bohemia now called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did salt help the Swedes economically?
2. How did the Indians react to the British banning the trade of their salt?
3. How was Tabasco invented?
4. How did the British help the Chinese in 1912?
5. Why was India ruled entirely by a British government in 1857?
6. Why did another war breakout between America and Britain in 1812?
7. Why were the Basques different from other Europeans?
8. How did the Americans try to combat the British blockade?
9. In what way was meat an essential part of central Europe rather than salt?
10. How did the British make salt?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)