|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous event happened in India in 1857?
(a) Indian independence.
(b) The Indian uprising.
(c) The Indian revolution.
(d) Pakistan independence.
2. What is the name of the island the Louisiana salt works owners bought?
(a) Ellis Island.
(b) Mormon Island.
(c) Avery Island.
(d) Dean Island.
3. Which county colonized India for hundreds of years?
(a) Great Britain.
4. What was the French salt tax also known as?
(a) The Rogue.
(b) The Toulouse.
(c) The Chappelle.
(d) The Gabelle.
5. What did Humphry Davy invent?
6. What type of drilling took over percussion drilling in 1943?
(a) Force drilling.
(b) Clock drilling.
(c) Pnuematic drilling.
(d) Rotary drilling.
7. What meat do the Chinese consume the most?
8. What is the title of Chapter 21?
(a) Hold Yourselves.
(b) The Last Day of Zigong.
(c) Not Looking Back.
(d) Salt and the Great Soul.
9. Which of the following type of fish is not commonly salted?
10. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) Developing a Thirst.
(b) The Soil Never Sets On.
(c) Where in the World.
(d) That Word is Greek.
11. Why did the British ban Orissa salt?
(a) Because it was causing tensions within the country.
(b) Because it was used for religious practises.
(c) It was causing disease among the British community.
(d) So they could market their own salt.
12. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
(a) The Virginia university.
(b) The salt works.
(c) The tobacco plantation.
(d) The steel works.
13. Where is the one place salted meats have survived?
(a) Russian restaurants.
(b) British butcher shops.
(c) Jewish Delis.
(d) Chinese restaurants.
14. What started developing all over England that caused problems to brine production?
(a) Earth quakes.
(c) Torrential rain.
15. Which country does Chapter 23 examine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does sodium become if one isolates the chemical chlorine?
2. What was the most famous brand of sea salt from India before the British came?
3. What did people find in the USA whilst looking for salt deposits?
4. What is the title of Chapter 16?
5. What form of resistance did Gandhi develop while in jail?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)