|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two states were colonies of Britain?
(a) California and Ohio.
(b) Kentucky and Ohio.
(c) North Carolnia and South Carolina.
(d) Masschusetts and Virginia.
2. What party did Deng Xiaoping become the leader of in the latter part of the twentieth century?
(a) The Fascist party.
(b) The Communist party.
(c) The Capitalist party.
(d) The Socialist party.
3. What is Sodium Chloride better known as?
(a) Table salt.
(b) Body salt.
(c) Sniffing salt.
(d) Cooking salt.
4. Which country consumes the most salt?
5. What country was Matthias Schleiden from?
6. Why did the British claim it was okay to kidnap American soldiers?
(a) They were slave owners.
(b) They had British wives.
(c) They had deserted from the British Navy.
(d) They were not men of God.
7. What does Chapter 25 talk about the connection between?
(a) China and Japan.
(b) Saltiness and sweetness.
(c) Saltiness and ill health.
(d) Britain and CHina.
8. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
(a) They gained independence.
(b) They were handed back Pakistan.
(c) They were bombed.
(d) They were invaded.
9. What did soldiers and salt workers set up next to the salt works?
(a) A church.
(b) A housing estate.
(c) A deli.
(d) A kibbutz.
10. Whose work did Gandhi read in jail while in India?
11. What did Appert invent?
(a) The idea of drying out meat.
(b) The use of chlorine in swimming pools.
(c) Cooking salt.
(d) The use of cans for preserving food.
12. How did the British create serious salt shortages during the American War for Independence?
(a) They blockaded American ports.
(b) They blew up the salt mines.
(c) They befriended the Native Indians.
(d) They took over all the towns with salt industries.
13. In what town was China salt production centered?
14. What is the title of Chapter 18?
(a) Are You Ready to Go.
(b) The Mythology if Geology.
(c) The Odium of Sodium.
(d) The Soil Never Sets On.
15. In which part of China does Cantonese food come from?
(a) The East.
(b) The South.
(c) The West.
(d) The North.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
2. What river did Gandhi lead a group to in 1930 to scrape up sea salt?
3. Where does Chapter 22 take place?
4. In which English town does Chapter 20 take place?
5. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)