|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people find in the USA whilst looking for salt deposits?
2. Who was forbidden to trade with the United States after the revolution?
(a) Dutch colonies.
(b) German colonies.
(c) British colonies.
(d) French colonies.
3. What river did Gandhi lead a group to in 1930 to scrape up sea salt?
4. What is the name of the popular salted salmon dish?
5. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) That Word is Greek.
(b) Developing a Thirst.
(c) Where in the World.
(d) The Soil Never Sets On.
6. What did the Kibbutz eventually turn into?
(a) A salt works.
(b) A health spa.
(c) A university.
(d) A kindergarten.
7. What was name of the sauce that McIhenny invented?
8. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The Atlantic.
(c) The Pacific.
(d) The Indian.
9. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
10. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
(c) Setak City.
11. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
12. What did Appert invent?
(a) The use of cans for preserving food.
(b) The idea of drying out meat.
(c) Cooking salt.
(d) The use of chlorine in swimming pools.
13. What is the title of Chapter 26?
(a) Find Me Some Friends.
(b) A Little Too Salty.
(c) Salt in the Water.
(d) Big Lake, Little Salt.
14. What is the title of Chapter 22?
(a) Salt and the Great Sout.
(b) Salt and Pepper.
(c) Not Looking Back.
(d) The Salt of the Earth.
15. What started developing all over England that caused problems to brine production?
(b) Earth quakes.
(c) Torrential rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which English town does Chapter 20 take place?
2. What famous company did a man named Birdseye form?
3. Why did the British claim it was okay to kidnap American soldiers?
4. What is the title of Chapter 17?
5. What is Sodium Chloride better known as?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)