|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of drilling took over percussion drilling in 1943?
(a) Force drilling.
(b) Rotary drilling.
(c) Clock drilling.
(d) Pnuematic drilling.
2. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) Forming Clouds.
(b) Pass Me the Salt.
(d) Red Salt.
3. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
4. Which county colonized India for hundreds of years?
(d) Great Britain.
5. What is the title of Chapter 22?
(a) Not Looking Back.
(b) Salt and the Great Sout.
(c) Salt and Pepper.
(d) The Salt of the Earth.
6. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
7. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
8. What is the name of the island the Louisiana salt works owners bought?
(a) Dean Island.
(b) Avery Island.
(c) Ellis Island.
(d) Mormon Island.
9. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
(a) The Mexican border.
(b) The West Coast.
(c) The East Coast.
(d) The Midwest.
10. What color was the brine the settlers in San Francisco took from the sea before the made it into salt?
11. Wht did international health group begin to worry about the effects of salt?
(a) It lacks vitamins.
(b) It lacks iron.
(c) It was being made with chemicals.
(d) It lacks iodine.
12. What was name of the sauce that McIhenny invented?
13. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
(a) Setak City.
14. Which of the following type of fish is not commonly salted?
15. What river did Gandhi lead a group to in 1930 to scrape up sea salt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believed that the Dead Sea would become a source of mineral wealth?
2. In what part of the USA was oil discovered?
3. What process did Davy use to break down Nitrous Oxide?
4. What was the French salt tax also known as?
5. What is the title of Chapter 24?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)