|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of the USA was oil discovered?
(a) The East.
(b) The South.
(c) The North.
(d) The West.
2. Which country consumes the most salt?
3. Why did the British ban Orissa salt?
(a) Because it was used for religious practises.
(b) It was causing disease among the British community.
(c) Because it was causing tensions within the country.
(d) So they could market their own salt.
4. What started developing all over England that caused problems to brine production?
(a) Torrential rain.
(b) Earth quakes.
5. What is the name of the island the Louisiana salt works owners bought?
(a) Avery Island.
(b) Dean Island.
(c) Mormon Island.
(d) Ellis Island.
6. What process did Davy use to break down Nitrous Oxide?
7. What was name of the sauce that McIhenny invented?
8. What religious group settled in the state of Utah?
9. What is the name of the canal the Americans built on New York to transport salt?
(a) The Erie.
(b) The Cod.
(c) The Weener.
(d) The Amsterdam.
10. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
(a) Making chocolate.
(c) Religious practises.
(d) De-icing roads.
11. How did the British create serious salt shortages during the American War for Independence?
(a) They blockaded American ports.
(b) They took over all the towns with salt industries.
(c) They blew up the salt mines.
(d) They befriended the Native Indians.
12. What party did Deng Xiaoping become the leader of in the latter part of the twentieth century?
(a) The Fascist party.
(b) The Socialist party.
(c) The Communist party.
(d) The Capitalist party.
13. Which fish are the Swedish salted licorice candies shaped like?
14. What is Appert's nationality?
15. Which of the following countries did not go to America to find salt?
Short Answer Questions
1. On which continent has salt consumption almost halved?
2. What revolution began in 1789?
3. In what town was China salt production centered?
4. What was the most famous brand of sea salt from India before the British came?
5. What is the name of the world's most common salt producer?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)