|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the British ban Orissa salt?
(a) Because it was causing tensions within the country.
(b) So they could market their own salt.
(c) It was causing disease among the British community.
(d) Because it was used for religious practises.
2. Who led the popular movement against British salt polices?
3. What is the name of the mountain made entirely from rock salt?
(a) Mount Exodus.
(b) Mount Nazareth.
(c) Mount Sodom.
(d) Mount Leone.
4. What is the name of the world's most common salt producer?
5. What meat do the Chinese consume the most?
6. What is the name of the canal the Americans built on New York to transport salt?
(a) The Cod.
(b) The Amsterdam.
(c) The Erie.
(d) The Weener.
7. Which fish are the Swedish salted licorice candies shaped like?
8. What did people find in the USA whilst looking for salt deposits?
9. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Big Lake, Little Salt.
(b) Ma, La and Mao.
(c) Call the Doctor.
(d) More Salt Than Fish,
10. Where does Chapter 22 take place?
(d) The Middle East.
11. What famous event happened in India in 1857?
(a) Pakistan independence.
(b) Indian independence.
(c) The Indian revolution.
(d) The Indian uprising.
12. What color was the brine the settlers in San Francisco took from the sea before the made it into salt?
13. What is the name of the island the Louisiana salt works owners bought?
(a) Avery Island.
(b) Dean Island.
(c) Ellis Island.
(d) Mormon Island.
14. Where is the one place salted meats have survived?
(a) Russian restaurants.
(b) Jewish Delis.
(c) Chinese restaurants.
(d) British butcher shops.
15. What is the title of Chapter 23?
(a) A Useful Tool.
(b) Creating the New World.
(c) The Last Week in Pittsburgh.
(d) The Last Day of Zigong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
2. What was Jean Baptiste Colbert's role in the French government?
3. Who reinstated the salt tax in France?
4. What is the title of Chapter 16?
5. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)