|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does sodium become if one isolates the chemical chlorine?
(a) Nitrous Oxide.
(c) Carbon Monoxide.
2. What did Humphry Davy invent?
3. What famous company did a man named Birdseye form?
(a) General Motors.
(b) General Foods.
4. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) More Salt Than Fish,
(b) Call the Doctor.
(c) Ma, La and Mao.
(d) Big Lake, Little Salt.
5. What did the American south lack adequate supplies for against the north?
6. What is the title of Chapter 21?
(a) Salt and the Great Soul.
(b) Hold Yourselves.
(c) The Last Day of Zigong.
(d) Not Looking Back.
7. Where does Chapter 22 take place?
(a) The Middle East.
8. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
(a) The Atlantic.
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) The Pacific.
(d) The Indian.
9. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
(a) They were bombed.
(b) They were handed back Pakistan.
(c) They were invaded.
(d) They gained independence.
10. Which country does Chapter 23 examine?
11. What did one person bring onto Avery Island to farm?
(a) Louisiana Cotton.
(b) Mexican chili peppers.
(c) British wheat.
(d) Virginian tobacco.
12. Where is the one place salted meats have survived?
(a) British butcher shops.
(b) Russian restaurants.
(c) Chinese restaurants.
(d) Jewish Delis.
13. What is Nitrous Oxide more commonly known as?
(a) Tear gas.
(b) Jumping gas.
(c) Jack gas.
(d) Laughing gas.
14. What did Sarah Hale discover could preserve fish?
15. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
(a) Setak City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 16?
2. What did people find in the USA whilst looking for salt deposits?
3. Why did the British ban Orissa salt?
4. What is the title of Chapter 23?
5. What process did Davy use to break down Nitrous Oxide?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)