|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the island the Louisiana salt works owners bought?
(a) Avery Island.
(b) Mormon Island.
(c) Ellis Island.
(d) Dean Island.
2. Why did the British claim it was okay to kidnap American soldiers?
(a) They had deserted from the British Navy.
(b) They were not men of God.
(c) They were slave owners.
(d) They had British wives.
3. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
(a) The tobacco plantation.
(b) The steel works.
(c) The Virginia university.
(d) The salt works.
4. Why did the British ban Orissa salt?
(a) So they could market their own salt.
(b) Because it was causing tensions within the country.
(c) Because it was used for religious practises.
(d) It was causing disease among the British community.
5. What did the Kibbutz eventually turn into?
(a) A university.
(b) A salt works.
(c) A health spa.
(d) A kindergarten.
6. Which country does Chapter 23 examine?
7. What did Humphry Davy invent?
8. Which two states were colonies of Britain?
(a) California and Ohio.
(b) Masschusetts and Virginia.
(c) Kentucky and Ohio.
(d) North Carolnia and South Carolina.
9. What was the name of the war Israel fought in 1948?
(a) War of Independence.
(b) The Dead War.
(c) Six Year War.
(d) The Salt War.
10. What does sodium become if one isolates the chemical chlorine?
(a) Nitrous Oxide.
(c) Carbon Monoxide.
11. What is the name of the mountain made entirely from rock salt?
(a) Mount Leone.
(b) Mount Sodom.
(c) Mount Nazareth.
(d) Mount Exodus.
12. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
(d) New York.
13. In which part of China does Cantonese food come from?
(a) The East.
(b) The West.
(c) The North.
(d) The South.
14. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The West Coast.
(c) The Mexican border.
(d) The East Coast.
15. What is the title of Chapter 26?
(a) Big Lake, Little Salt.
(b) Salt in the Water.
(c) A Little Too Salty.
(d) Find Me Some Friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country are said to be the largest consumers of salt in the world?
2. What type of drilling took over percussion drilling in 1943?
3. What does Chapter 25 talk about the connection between?
4. What meat do the Chinese consume the most?
5. Who believed that the Dead Sea would become a source of mineral wealth?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)