|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of the USA was oil discovered?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The East.
(d) The North.
2. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(b) Forming Clouds.
(c) Red Salt.
(d) Pass Me the Salt.
3. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
(b) New York.
4. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
(a) They were handed back Pakistan.
(b) They were bombed.
(c) They gained independence.
(d) They were invaded.
5. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
(b) Setak City.
6. Where does Chapter 22 take place?
(a) The Middle East.
7. What type of drilling took over percussion drilling in 1943?
(a) Pnuematic drilling.
(b) Clock drilling.
(c) Force drilling.
(d) Rotary drilling.
8. What famous event happened in India in 1857?
(a) The Indian uprising.
(b) Pakistan independence.
(c) Indian independence.
(d) The Indian revolution.
9. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Purple Salt.
(b) Divided Between Worlds.
(c) The War Between the Salts.
(d) Red Salt.
10. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
11. What part of Virginia sided with the union?
(a) East Virginia.
(b) West Virginia.
(c) North Virgina.
(d) South Virginia.
12. Which country consumes the most salt?
13. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
14. In which state is the Great Salt Lake located?
(d) New York.
15. What did soldiers and salt workers set up next to the salt works?
(a) A housing estate.
(b) A kibbutz.
(c) A deli.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the popular salted salmon dish?
2. What is the name of the world's most common salt producer?
3. In which English town does Chapter 20 take place?
4. What was name of the sauce that McIhenny invented?
5. What does the author say the Chinese are obsessed with?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)