|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two states were colonies of Britain?
(a) California and Ohio.
(b) Masschusetts and Virginia.
(c) Kentucky and Ohio.
(d) North Carolnia and South Carolina.
2. On which continent has salt consumption almost halved?
(b) North America.
3. What meat do the Chinese consume the most?
4. What country was Matthias Schleiden from?
5. What does sodium become if one isolates the chemical chlorine?
(a) Nitrous Oxide.
(b) Carbon Monoxide.
6. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) Developing a Thirst.
(b) The Soil Never Sets On.
(c) Where in the World.
(d) That Word is Greek.
7. What color was the brine the settlers in San Francisco took from the sea before the made it into salt?
8. Who was forbidden to trade with the United States after the revolution?
(a) Dutch colonies.
(b) French colonies.
(c) German colonies.
(d) British colonies.
9. Which of the following people were exempt from military service in the American War for Independence?
(a) Salt workers.
(c) Postal workers.
10. What part of Virginia sided with the union?
(a) North Virgina.
(b) West Virginia.
(c) East Virginia.
(d) South Virginia.
11. What did soldiers and salt workers set up next to the salt works?
(a) A housing estate.
(b) A church.
(c) A deli.
(d) A kibbutz.
12. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) Red Salt.
(b) The War Between the Salts.
(c) Purple Salt.
(d) Divided Between Worlds.
13. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
14. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
(b) Religious practises.
(c) De-icing roads.
(d) Making chocolate.
15. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
(a) The tobacco plantation.
(b) The salt works.
(c) The steel works.
(d) The Virginia university.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reinstated the salt tax in France?
2. What is the name of the popular salted salmon dish?
3. What is the title of Chapter 22?
4. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
5. In what town was China salt production centered?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)