|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the British create serious salt shortages during the American War for Independence?
(a) They blew up the salt mines.
(b) They took over all the towns with salt industries.
(c) They befriended the Native Indians.
(d) They blockaded American ports.
2. What is Nitrous Oxide more commonly known as?
(a) Jumping gas.
(b) Tear gas.
(c) Laughing gas.
(d) Jack gas.
3. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
(a) The Pacific.
(b) The Indian.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Atlantic.
4. What is the name of the sea that runs alongside Jordan and Israel?
(a) The Red Sea.
(b) The Dead Sea.
(c) The Persian Sea.
(d) The Kuwait Sea.
5. Why did the British ban Orissa salt?
(a) It was causing disease among the British community.
(b) So they could market their own salt.
(c) Because it was causing tensions within the country.
(d) Because it was used for religious practises.
6. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
7. What part of Virginia sided with the union?
(a) East Virginia.
(b) South Virginia.
(c) North Virgina.
(d) West Virginia.
8. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) The Soil Never Sets On.
(b) Where in the World.
(c) That Word is Greek.
(d) Developing a Thirst.
9. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
(d) New York.
10. What is the name of the popular salted salmon dish?
11. What country was Matthias Schleiden from?
12. What is the title of Chapter 18?
(a) The Mythology if Geology.
(b) The Soil Never Sets On.
(c) Are You Ready to Go.
(d) The Odium of Sodium.
13. Who did Appert sell his invention to?
(b) The navy.
(d) The army.
14. What was name of the sauce that McIhenny invented?
15. What form of resistance did Gandhi develop while in jail?
(a) Non-violent resistant.
(b) Violent resistance.
(c) Religious resistance.
(d) Immovable resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people were exempt from military service in the American War for Independence?
2. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
3. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
4. Who reinstated the salt tax in France?
5. What is the title of Chapter 16?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)