|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did soldiers and salt workers set up next to the salt works?
(a) A kibbutz.
(b) A church.
(c) A deli.
(d) A housing estate.
2. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) The War Between the Salts.
(b) Divided Between Worlds.
(c) Purple Salt.
(d) Red Salt.
3. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
4. What does sodium become if one isolates the chemical chlorine?
(a) Carbon Monoxide.
(b) Nitrous Oxide.
5. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
6. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
(a) Religious practises.
(b) De-icing roads.
(c) Making chocolate.
7. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The Atlantic.
(c) The Indian.
(d) The Pacific.
8. What is the title of Chapter 26?
(a) Find Me Some Friends.
(b) Big Lake, Little Salt.
(c) A Little Too Salty.
(d) Salt in the Water.
9. What famous company did a man named Birdseye form?
(c) General Foods.
(d) General Motors.
10. What part of Virginia sided with the union?
(a) South Virginia.
(b) North Virgina.
(c) West Virginia.
(d) East Virginia.
11. What did people find in the USA whilst looking for salt deposits?
12. What does the author say the Chinese are obsessed with?
13. What subject does the author discuss in Chapter 19?
14. What is Appert's nationality?
15. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Call the Doctor.
(b) More Salt Than Fish,
(c) Ma, La and Mao.
(d) Big Lake, Little Salt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nitrous Oxide more commonly known as?
2. What is the name of the popular salted salmon dish?
3. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
4. What process did Davy use to break down Nitrous Oxide?
5. Wht did international health group begin to worry about the effects of salt?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)