|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river did Gandhi lead a group to in 1930 to scrape up sea salt?
2. What was the name of the war Israel fought in 1948?
(a) The Salt War.
(b) War of Independence.
(c) The Dead War.
(d) Six Year War.
3. What subject does the author discuss in Chapter 19?
4. What form of resistance did Gandhi develop while in jail?
(a) Violent resistance.
(b) Immovable resistance.
(c) Religious resistance.
(d) Non-violent resistant.
5. Which of the following type of fish is not commonly salted?
6. What did people find in the USA whilst looking for salt deposits?
7. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
8. Who reinstated the salt tax in France?
(c) Louis XI.
9. What is the name of the mountain made entirely from rock salt?
(a) Mount Nazareth.
(b) Mount Sodom.
(c) Mount Exodus.
(d) Mount Leone.
10. What religious group settled in the state of Utah?
11. What was Jean Baptiste Colbert's role in the French government?
(a) Foreign minister.
(c) Finance minister.
(d) Deputy minister.
12. What did Sarah Hale discover could preserve fish?
13. What does the author say the Chinese are obsessed with?
14. What country was Matthias Schleiden from?
15. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 16?
2. What is the name of the world's most common salt producer?
3. What meat do the Chinese consume the most?
4. Which of the following people were exempt from military service in the American War for Independence?
5. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)