|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 22?
(a) Not Looking Back.
(b) Salt and the Great Sout.
(c) Salt and Pepper.
(d) The Salt of the Earth.
2. In what town was China salt production centered?
3. What did the Kibbutz eventually turn into?
(a) A salt works.
(b) A health spa.
(c) A university.
(d) A kindergarten.
4. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
5. What type of drilling took over percussion drilling in 1943?
(a) Rotary drilling.
(b) Pnuematic drilling.
(c) Force drilling.
(d) Clock drilling.
6. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) How to Survive.
(b) Up and At 'em.
(c) The Soil Never Sets on.
(d) The Mythology of Geology.
7. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) That Word is Greek.
(b) The Soil Never Sets On.
(c) Developing a Thirst.
(d) Where in the World.
8. What is the name of the mountain made entirely from rock salt?
(a) Mount Nazareth.
(b) Mount Leone.
(c) Mount Exodus.
(d) Mount Sodom.
9. What form of resistance did Gandhi develop while in jail?
(a) Non-violent resistant.
(b) Religious resistance.
(c) Violent resistance.
(d) Immovable resistance.
10. What meat do the Chinese consume the most?
11. What was the French salt tax also known as?
(a) The Chappelle.
(b) The Rogue.
(c) The Toulouse.
(d) The Gabelle.
12. What does sodium become if one isolates the chemical chlorine?
(b) Nitrous Oxide.
(c) Carbon Monoxide.
13. Who was forbidden to trade with the United States after the revolution?
(a) German colonies.
(b) British colonies.
(c) Dutch colonies.
(d) French colonies.
14. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
(a) The Atlantic.
(b) The Indian.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Pacific.
15. What subject does the author discuss in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Humphry Davy invent?
2. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
3. What is the title of Chapter 23?
4. What did soldiers and salt workers set up next to the salt works?
5. What is the title of Chapter 26?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)