|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country are said to be the largest consumers of salt in the world?
2. In which part of the state did Israel set up a salt works?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The East.
(d) The North.
3. Who was forbidden to trade with the United States after the revolution?
(a) British colonies.
(b) French colonies.
(c) Dutch colonies.
(d) German colonies.
4. What famous company did a man named Birdseye form?
(a) General Motors.
(b) General Foods.
5. In what part of the USA was oil discovered?
(a) The South.
(b) The East.
(c) The West.
(d) The North.
6. What was name of the sauce that McIhenny invented?
7. What religious group settled in the state of Utah?
8. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
(a) The salt works.
(b) The steel works.
(c) The Virginia university.
(d) The tobacco plantation.
9. What famous event happened in India in 1857?
(a) The Indian uprising.
(b) The Indian revolution.
(c) Indian independence.
(d) Pakistan independence.
10. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) Up and At 'em.
(b) The Mythology of Geology.
(c) The Soil Never Sets on.
(d) How to Survive.
11. What does the author say the Chinese are obsessed with?
12. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
(a) Setak City.
13. What form of resistance did Gandhi develop while in jail?
(a) Religious resistance.
(b) Non-violent resistant.
(c) Violent resistance.
(d) Immovable resistance.
14. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
(a) The Pacific.
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) The Atlantic.
(d) The Indian.
15. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
(a) The West Coast.
(b) The Mexican border.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The East Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the one place salted meats have survived?
2. Which county colonized India for hundreds of years?
3. What is the title of Chapter 23?
4. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
5. Which fish are the Swedish salted licorice candies shaped like?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)