|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believed that the Dead Sea would become a source of mineral wealth?
2. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
3. Which of the following type of fish is not commonly salted?
4. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) Pass Me the Salt.
(b) Red Salt.
(d) Forming Clouds.
5. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) How to Survive.
(b) Up and At 'em.
(c) The Mythology of Geology.
(d) The Soil Never Sets on.
6. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
(c) Setak City.
7. What does the author say the Chinese are obsessed with?
8. What is the name of the canal the Americans built on New York to transport salt?
(a) The Erie.
(b) The Weener.
(c) The Amsterdam.
(d) The Cod.
9. In which state is the Great Salt Lake located?
(c) New York.
10. What is Nitrous Oxide more commonly known as?
(a) Jumping gas.
(b) Laughing gas.
(c) Jack gas.
(d) Tear gas.
11. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
12. What did one person bring onto Avery Island to farm?
(a) Mexican chili peppers.
(b) Virginian tobacco.
(c) Louisiana Cotton.
(d) British wheat.
13. What is the title of Chapter 21?
(a) Salt and the Great Soul.
(b) Hold Yourselves.
(c) Not Looking Back.
(d) The Last Day of Zigong.
14. What famous event happened in India in 1857?
(a) The Indian revolution.
(b) Pakistan independence.
(c) Indian independence.
(d) The Indian uprising.
15. What started developing all over England that caused problems to brine production?
(b) Earth quakes.
(d) Torrential rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
2. Where does Chapter 22 take place?
3. What part of Virginia sided with the union?
4. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
5. What did Appert invent?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)