|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town was China salt production centered?
2. What type of drilling took over percussion drilling in 1943?
(a) Pnuematic drilling.
(b) Rotary drilling.
(c) Force drilling.
(d) Clock drilling.
3. What did Union forces destroy in West Virginia in 1862?
(a) The salt works.
(b) The tobacco plantation.
(c) The steel works.
(d) The Virginia university.
4. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
(a) Making chocolate.
(b) Religious practises.
(c) De-icing roads.
5. What is the name of the world's most common salt producer?
6. What religious group settled in the state of Utah?
7. What was the most famous brand of sea salt from India before the British came?
8. Why did the British claim it was okay to kidnap American soldiers?
(a) They had British wives.
(b) They had deserted from the British Navy.
(c) They were not men of God.
(d) They were slave owners.
9. What form of resistance did Gandhi develop while in jail?
(a) Violent resistance.
(b) Non-violent resistant.
(c) Immovable resistance.
(d) Religious resistance.
10. What did Humphry Davy invent?
11. What meat do the Chinese consume the most?
12. What is the name of the canal the Americans built on New York to transport salt?
(a) The Cod.
(b) The Amsterdam.
(c) The Weener.
(d) The Erie.
13. What does Chapter 25 talk about the connection between?
(a) Britain and CHina.
(b) China and Japan.
(c) Saltiness and sweetness.
(d) Saltiness and ill health.
14. What party did Deng Xiaoping become the leader of in the latter part of the twentieth century?
(a) The Socialist party.
(b) The Communist party.
(c) The Fascist party.
(d) The Capitalist party.
15. What is the title of Chapter 26?
(a) Find Me Some Friends.
(b) Big Lake, Little Salt.
(c) Salt in the Water.
(d) A Little Too Salty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 23?
2. What is the name of the popular salted salmon dish?
3. Who believed that the Dead Sea would become a source of mineral wealth?
4. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
5. In which part of China does Cantonese food come from?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)