|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Appert's nationality?
2. Which country are said to be the largest consumers of salt in the world?
3. Who did Appert sell his invention to?
(a) The army.
(c) The navy.
4. In what town was China salt production centered?
5. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) The Soil Never Sets on.
(b) How to Survive.
(c) Up and At 'em.
(d) The Mythology of Geology.
6. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Ma, La and Mao.
(b) Call the Doctor.
(c) More Salt Than Fish,
(d) Big Lake, Little Salt.
7. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
8. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
(b) New York.
9. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
10. In which state is the Great Salt Lake located?
(c) New York.
11. Who reinstated the salt tax in France?
(b) Louis XI.
12. What was the French salt tax also known as?
(a) The Chappelle.
(b) The Rogue.
(c) The Gabelle.
(d) The Toulouse.
13. What is the name of the mountain made entirely from rock salt?
(a) Mount Sodom.
(b) Mount Nazareth.
(c) Mount Leone.
(d) Mount Exodus.
14. Which fish are the Swedish salted licorice candies shaped like?
15. In what part of the USA was oil discovered?
(a) The West.
(b) The East.
(c) The South.
(d) The North.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sodium Chloride better known as?
2. Who believed that the Dead Sea would become a source of mineral wealth?
3. What did one person bring onto Avery Island to farm?
4. What did the Kibbutz eventually turn into?
5. What form of resistance did Gandhi develop while in jail?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)