|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
2. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
(a) De-icing roads.
(b) Religious practises.
(c) Making chocolate.
3. What did people find in the USA whilst looking for salt deposits?
4. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
(a) They were bombed.
(b) They were handed back Pakistan.
(c) They gained independence.
(d) They were invaded.
5. What is the title of Chapter 20?
(a) The Soil Never Sets On.
(b) Developing a Thirst.
(c) Where in the World.
(d) That Word is Greek.
6. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
7. In which part of China does Cantonese food come from?
(a) The West.
(b) The East.
(c) The South.
(d) The North.
8. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
(a) The East Coast.
(b) The Mexican border.
(c) The West Coast.
(d) The Midwest.
9. What was name of the sauce that McIhenny invented?
10. Who believed that the Dead Sea would become a source of mineral wealth?
11. What famous event happened in India in 1857?
(a) Indian independence.
(b) The Indian uprising.
(c) The Indian revolution.
(d) Pakistan independence.
12. What did the American south lack adequate supplies for against the north?
13. Which fish are the Swedish salted licorice candies shaped like?
14. Who reinstated the salt tax in France?
(c) Louis XI.
15. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Call the Doctor.
(b) Ma, La and Mao.
(c) Big Lake, Little Salt.
(d) More Salt Than Fish,
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Humphry Davy invent?
2. In which part of the state did Israel set up a salt works?
3. What is the title of Chapter 16?
4. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
5. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)