|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the popular salted salmon dish?
2. What is the title of Chapter 22?
(a) Salt and Pepper.
(b) Salt and the Great Sout.
(c) Not Looking Back.
(d) The Salt of the Earth.
3. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
4. In which English town does Chapter 20 take place?
(a) Leighton Buzzard.
5. What is the title of Chapter 26?
(a) A Little Too Salty.
(b) Salt in the Water.
(c) Find Me Some Friends.
(d) Big Lake, Little Salt.
6. How did the British create serious salt shortages during the American War for Independence?
(a) They blew up the salt mines.
(b) They took over all the towns with salt industries.
(c) They blockaded American ports.
(d) They befriended the Native Indians.
7. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
(a) They gained independence.
(b) They were handed back Pakistan.
(c) They were invaded.
(d) They were bombed.
8. Wht did international health group begin to worry about the effects of salt?
(a) It lacks vitamins.
(b) It lacks iron.
(c) It was being made with chemicals.
(d) It lacks iodine.
9. Who led the popular movement against British salt polices?
10. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Big Lake, Little Salt.
(b) Call the Doctor.
(c) More Salt Than Fish,
(d) Ma, La and Mao.
11. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) The Soil Never Sets on.
(b) Up and At 'em.
(c) The Mythology of Geology.
(d) How to Survive.
12. Which of the following countries did not go to America to find salt?
13. On which continent has salt consumption almost halved?
(c) North America.
14. Which country consumes the most salt?
15. Where does Chapter 22 take place?
(c) The Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work did Gandhi read in jail while in India?
2. Who was forbidden to trade with the United States after the revolution?
3. What did soldiers and salt workers set up next to the salt works?
4. What subject does the author discuss in Chapter 19?
5. In what town was China salt production centered?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)