|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which continent has salt consumption almost halved?
(c) North America.
2. Who was forbidden to trade with the United States after the revolution?
(a) German colonies.
(b) French colonies.
(c) British colonies.
(d) Dutch colonies.
3. Which country does Chapter 23 examine?
4. In which English town does Chapter 20 take place?
(c) Leighton Buzzard.
5. What is the title of Chapter 18?
(a) Are You Ready to Go.
(b) The Mythology if Geology.
(c) The Odium of Sodium.
(d) The Soil Never Sets On.
6. What is the name of the mountain made entirely from rock salt?
(a) Mount Nazareth.
(b) Mount Sodom.
(c) Mount Exodus.
(d) Mount Leone.
7. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
8. What was Jean Baptiste Colbert's role in the French government?
(a) Foreign minister.
(b) Finance minister.
(d) Deputy minister.
9. In which state is the Great Salt Lake located?
(b) New York.
10. What religious group settled in the state of Utah?
11. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) The Soil Never Sets on.
(b) The Mythology of Geology.
(c) Up and At 'em.
(d) How to Survive.
12. What river did Gandhi lead a group to in 1930 to scrape up sea salt?
13. What does Chapter 25 talk about the connection between?
(a) Saltiness and ill health.
(b) China and Japan.
(c) Saltiness and sweetness.
(d) Britain and CHina.
14. What is the name of the canal the Americans built on New York to transport salt?
(a) The Cod.
(b) The Erie.
(c) The Amsterdam.
(d) The Weener.
15. Who believed that the Dead Sea would become a source of mineral wealth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did people find in England while looking for salt deposits?
2. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
3. Which of the following type of fish is not commonly salted?
4. Which of the following people were exempt from military service in the American War for Independence?
5. Wht did international health group begin to worry about the effects of salt?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)