|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following type of fish is not commonly salted?
2. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
(a) Making chocolate.
(b) De-icing roads.
(d) Religious practises.
3. What was the French salt tax also known as?
(a) The Gabelle.
(b) The Chappelle.
(c) The Rogue.
(d) The Toulouse.
4. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) More Salt Than Fish,
(b) Big Lake, Little Salt.
(c) Call the Doctor.
(d) Ma, La and Mao.
5. What is the name of the world's most common salt producer?
6. Whose work did Gandhi read in jail while in India?
7. What did Appert invent?
(a) The use of chlorine in swimming pools.
(b) Cooking salt.
(c) The idea of drying out meat.
(d) The use of cans for preserving food.
8. What ocean did people originally think the Dead Sea was part of?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The Indian.
(c) The Pacific.
(d) The Atlantic.
9. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) How to Survive.
(b) Up and At 'em.
(c) The Mythology of Geology.
(d) The Soil Never Sets on.
10. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(b) Red Salt.
(c) Forming Clouds.
(d) Pass Me the Salt.
11. What famous company did a man named Birdseye form?
(c) General Motors.
(d) General Foods.
12. Who believed that the Dead Sea would become a source of mineral wealth?
13. What religious group settled in the state of Utah?
14. Which of the following people were exempt from military service in the American War for Independence?
(a) Salt workers.
(c) Postal workers.
15. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did soldiers and salt workers set up next to the salt works?
2. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
3. Who reinstated the salt tax in France?
4. In which part of the state did Israel set up a salt works?
5. What does Chapter 25 talk about the connection between?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)