|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 16?
(a) The War Between the Salts.
(b) Divided Between Worlds.
(c) Purple Salt.
(d) Red Salt.
2. What is the name of the popular salted salmon dish?
3. What country was Matthias Schleiden from?
4. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
(a) They gained independence.
(b) They were bombed.
(c) They were invaded.
(d) They were handed back Pakistan.
5. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
(b) Setak City.
6. Who believed that the Dead Sea would become a source of mineral wealth?
7. What country does the author return to in Chapter 23?
8. How did the British create serious salt shortages during the American War for Independence?
(a) They took over all the towns with salt industries.
(b) They blockaded American ports.
(c) They befriended the Native Indians.
(d) They blew up the salt mines.
9. What part of Virginia sided with the union?
(a) North Virgina.
(b) East Virginia.
(c) West Virginia.
(d) South Virginia.
10. What was it illegal to salt in France during the salt tax?
11. What do Americans mostly use their salt for?
(a) Religious practises.
(c) Making chocolate.
(d) De-icing roads.
12. What river did Gandhi lead a group to in 1930 to scrape up sea salt?
13. In which English town does Chapter 20 take place?
(b) Leighton Buzzard.
14. What is the title of Chapter 23?
(a) The Last Day of Zigong.
(b) Creating the New World.
(c) A Useful Tool.
(d) The Last Week in Pittsburgh.
15. Who was forbidden to trade with the United States after the revolution?
(a) Dutch colonies.
(b) German colonies.
(c) British colonies.
(d) French colonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a group of speculators find salt deposits underground?
2. What party did Deng Xiaoping become the leader of in the latter part of the twentieth century?
3. What is the title of Chapter 20?
4. What did the American south lack adequate supplies for against the north?
5. What is the title of Chapter 21?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)