|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What took over the Mediterranean Sea as the main trade route for salt?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The Dead Sea.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
2. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Salt and Independence.
(b) Liberte, Egalite, Tax Breaks.
(c) What is Freedom?
(d) Preserving Independece.
3. What became the most important salt producing town in England in the 9th century?
4. What had to be done to English bacon before one cooked it?
(a) Scrub with a cloth.
(b) Dip it in water.
(c) Hand it out to dry.
(d) Cover it with egg yolk.
5. What culture is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
6. Who did the Basques learn shipbuilding from?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Vikings.
(c) The British.
(d) The Romans.
7. Which of the following countries did the Hapsburgs not rule over?
(c) Czech Republic.
8. What group was the ruling class of Rome?
(a) The regiments.
(b) The democrats.
(c) The plebeians.
(d) The patricians.
9. What do the French age their cheese in?
(c) Coffee jars.
10. What the area of Bohemia now called?
(b) Czech Republic.
11. What famous drilling technique became the most advance drilling technique for seven or eight centuries?
(a) Capo drilling.
(b) Hotrod drilling.
(c) Percussion drilling.
(d) Depth drilling.
12. Which of the following industries was one of the cornerstones of the Roman economy?
(a) The tartar steak trade.
(b) The salted fish trade.
(c) The Garum sauce trade.
(d) The saltstone trade.
13. What famous American had Parmesan shipped to America?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Benjaman Franklyn,
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
14. On what day did the Catholics ban the eating of meat?
15. On which river are the Salzburg and Hallein salt mines located?
(a) The Vltavska.
(b) The Danube.
(c) The Thames.
(d) The Riveria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which continent did the Vikings go to in search of cod?
2. In which state did Jefferson live?
3. Why were dead bodies so important to the Egyptians?
4. How is Yi Dun believed to have made salt?
5. What was the most popular fish in Europe between the 16th and 18th century?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)