|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which town eventually conquered Veleia?
2. What meat is Parma famous for producing?
(b) Pork chops.
3. Which of the following Italian cities flourished after the fall of Rome?
4. What animal did the Celts prize over all others?
(a) The pig.
(b) The sheep.
(c) The cow.
(d) The dog.
5. Which country does the author write about in Chapter 12?
6. Which Spanish town does the author mention in this section?
7. What famous drilling technique became the most advance drilling technique for seven or eight centuries?
(a) Depth drilling.
(b) Percussion drilling.
(c) Hotrod drilling.
(d) Capo drilling.
8. What food is it thought that Marco Polo introduced to Italy?
(c) Olive oil.
9. Which country invaded the town of Veneto?
10. What two groups was Rome divided between?
(a) Celts and Huns.
(b) Gods and men.
(c) Normans and Romans.
(d) Patricians and plebeians.
11. Which salted dish became particularly popular throughout Europe?
12. What vegetable did the French peasants serve lean blubber with?
13. What do Parma locals combine milk curds with to make their cheese?
14. What culture is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
15. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(a) The Leaving of Liverpool.
(b) The Hapsburg Pickle.
(c) The American Salt Wars.
(d) The German Sauerkraut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had to be done to English bacon before one cooked it?
2. For which Italian city did the Barcelonans buy imported salt?
3. What do the French age their cheese in?
4. Why did the Romans used to salt their greens?
5. What did the Parma locals feed their pigs?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)