|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous explorer does the author mention in this section?
(a) Dean wren.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Marco Polo.
(d) James Cook.
2. What is the main town of Merseyside?
3. What food product was particularly popular in Rome and abroad?
(a) Salted fish.
(b) Pickled eggs.
(c) Salted olive.
(d) Pickled gherkin.
4. What do Parma locals combine milk curds with to make their cheese?
5. What European language group is Basque related to?
6. What county is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. What fish needs to be salted immediately or it will go bad?
8. Which culture was known to have a God of Salt?
(a) The native Americans.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Chinese.
9. Which of the following countries did the Hapsburgs not rule over?
(d) Czech Republic.
10. Which country does the author write about in Chapter 12?
11. What meat is Parma famous for producing?
(a) Pork chops.
12. What did the Romans call the salt they gave out to everybody?
(a) Common salt.
(b) The people's salt.
(c) Salt of the earth.
(d) Pleb salt.
13. In which state did Jefferson live?
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
14. Which emperor lead the Romans to victory against the Celts?
15. On what day did the Catholics ban the eating of meat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Chinese river is known as the father of floods?
2. How is Yi Dun believed to have made salt?
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
4. Which country invaded the town of Veneto?
5. What other country developed a sauce similar to Garum?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)