|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) What is Freedom?
(b) Preserving Independece.
(c) Salt and Independence.
(d) Liberte, Egalite, Tax Breaks.
2. What do Parma locals combine milk curds with to make their cheese?
3. What was known as Cordona's main treasure?
(a) A silver mine.
(b) A sealake.
(c) A gold mine.
(d) A mountain of salt.
4. In which state did Jefferson live?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
5. Who is Saint Barbara the patron saint of?
(a) German sailors.
(b) British sailors.
(c) German salt miners.
(d) German salt traders.
6. In which country is Salzburg a town?
7. What became the most important salt producing town in England in the 9th century?
8. What famous drilling technique became the most advance drilling technique for seven or eight centuries?
(a) Depth drilling.
(b) Capo drilling.
(c) Percussion drilling.
(d) Hotrod drilling.
9. Which country invaded the town of Veneto?
10. Which of the following industries was one of the cornerstones of the Roman economy?
(a) The tartar steak trade.
(b) The saltstone trade.
(c) The Garum sauce trade.
(d) The salted fish trade.
11. What food is it thought that Marco Polo introduced to Italy?
(d) Olive oil.
12. Which two vegetables were the most important in central Europe during the Hapsburg dynasty?
(a) Kim-chi and spinach.
(b) Lettuce and carrots.
(c) Coleslaw and baked beans.
(d) Pickles and sauerkraut.
13. What Irish dish became the official meat of the British navy?
(a) Danish bacon.
(b) Corned beef.
(c) Cure ham.
(d) Tartar steak.
14. What is Parmigiano-Reggiano more commonly known as?
(a) Parma ham.
(b) Stilton cheese.
(c) Cheddar cheese.
(d) Parmesan cheese.
15. How does one know if an English town was once a salt producing town?
(a) It has pool at the end of its name.
(b) It has a Cathedral.
(c) It has wich at the end of its name.
(d) It now has closed off mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 15?
2. What is the author discussing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. What do the French age their cheese in?
4. How do the Chinese refer to the system of harvesting the square crystals on the surface of the water?
5. Which Spanish town does the author mention in this section?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)