|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Irish dish became the official meat of the British navy?
(a) Danish bacon.
(b) Tartar steak.
(c) Cure ham.
(d) Corned beef.
2. What does the author say is the lesser known river of England?
(a) The Severn.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Danube.
(d) The Mersey.
3. Which emperor lead the Romans to victory against the Celts?
4. What is the name of the national dish of Poland?
(d) Nakladany Hermelin.
5. What meat is Parma famous for producing?
(c) Pork chops.
6. What is ketchup named after?
(a) A Czech engineer.
(b) A Chinese philosopher.
(c) An Indonesian fish.
(d) A British salt miner.
7. What county is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 9?
8. What group was the ruling class of Rome?
(a) The patricians.
(b) The democrats.
(c) The regiments.
(d) The plebeians.
9. What is the name of the process in which the Japanese ferment beans in earthen pots?
(b) Chloride fermentation.
(c) Lactic acid fermentation.
10. What kind of sauce is Garum?
(a) Cheese sauce.
(b) Fish sauce.
(c) Chili sauce.
(d) Tomato sauce.
11. What meat were the Celts best known for?
(b) Beef steak.
(c) Tartar steak.
12. What is Ernest Jones famous for bring to Britain and the USA?
13. How did the salt wars start?
(a) Satzburg refused to sell salt to foreigners.
(b) Salzburg destroyed their salt mines.
(c) Salzburg closed their borders.
(d) Salzburg tried to undercut their salt prices.
14. In which country does the author say he bought the rock?
15. What culture is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color would the Celts paint their bodies when fighting?
2. What became the most important salt producing town in England in the 9th century?
3. What do the French age their cheese in?
4. What famous drilling technique became the most advance drilling technique for seven or eight centuries?
5. Which town eventually conquered Veleia?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)