|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What turns the brine into salt crystals?
(a) Water drenching.
(c) Over heating.
(d) Solar evaporation.
2. How does one know if an English town was once a salt producing town?
(a) It has wich at the end of its name.
(b) It has a Cathedral.
(c) It has pool at the end of its name.
(d) It now has closed off mines.
3. What did Veleia have that helped in the production of salt?
(a) A salt mine.
(b) A salt montain.
(c) A salt lake.
(d) An underground salt spring.
4. What famous drilling technique became the most advance drilling technique for seven or eight centuries?
(a) Hotrod drilling.
(b) Capo drilling.
(c) Percussion drilling.
(d) Depth drilling.
5. What do the French age their cheese in?
(c) Coffee jars.
6. What two groups was Rome divided between?
(a) Patricians and plebeians.
(b) Normans and Romans.
(c) Gods and men.
(d) Celts and Huns.
7. What two stones does the author say the rock was a cross between?
(a) Sand stone and marble.
(b) Soap and quartz.
(c) Marble and soap.
(d) Lime stome and quartz.
8. What vegetable did the French peasants serve lean blubber with?
9. What animal did the Celts prize over all others?
(a) The pig.
(b) The dog.
(c) The cow.
(d) The sheep.
10. What was known as Cordona's main treasure?
(a) A sealake.
(b) A gold mine.
(c) A silver mine.
(d) A mountain of salt.
11. What county is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 9?
12. Which salted dish became particularly popular throughout Europe?
13. What European language group is Basque related to?
14. How did the plebeians usually make their money?
(a) Through labor work.
(b) Through begging.
(c) Through performing.
(d) Through writings.
15. What is the name of the process in which the Japanese ferment beans in earthen pots?
(a) Chloride fermentation.
(c) Lactic acid fermentation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following countries did the Hapsburgs not rule over?
2. Why was cod such an important find?
3. What group was the ruling class of Rome?
4. What is the title of Chapter 10?
5. What did the Egyptians mix with Brine to make Oxalme?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)