|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the French age their cheese in?
(d) Coffee jars.
2. In which state did Jefferson live?
(a) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
3. What turns the brine into salt crystals?
(a) Water drenching.
(c) Over heating.
(d) Solar evaporation.
4. How do the Chinese refer to the system of harvesting the square crystals on the surface of the water?
(a) Filing and combing.
(b) Dragging and gathering.
(c) Carving and holing.
(d) Chipping and licking.
5. Who is known as the most famous of Genoese sailors?
(a) Marco Polo.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Arraggi Sacchi.
(d) Fernando Torres.
6. What is the name of the national dish of Poland?
(d) Nakladany Hermelin.
7. Which of the following Italian cities flourished after the fall of Rome?
8. How does one know if an English town was once a salt producing town?
(a) It now has closed off mines.
(b) It has wich at the end of its name.
(c) It has a Cathedral.
(d) It has pool at the end of its name.
9. On what day did the Catholics ban the eating of meat?
10. What did the Parma locals feed their pigs?
11. For which Italian city did the Barcelonans buy imported salt?
12. What took over the Mediterranean Sea as the main trade route for salt?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Dead Sea.
13. Which of the following did the Chinese not invent?
(a) The radio.
(d) The compass.
14. What prevents salt from absorbing into meat?
15. Which country does the author write about in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was cod such an important find?
2. What is the author discussing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. What is the direct translation of Saltzburg?
4. What did the purple dye represent?
5. Which emperor lead the Romans to victory against the Celts?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)