|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two vegetables were the most important in central Europe during the Hapsburg dynasty?
(a) Lettuce and carrots.
(b) Kim-chi and spinach.
(c) Coleslaw and baked beans.
(d) Pickles and sauerkraut.
2. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) The Dean of Salt.
(b) Preseving Independence.
(c) The Creation of a New World.
(d) Popping to the Mine.
3. What famous drilling technique became the most advance drilling technique for seven or eight centuries?
(a) Percussion drilling.
(b) Capo drilling.
(c) Hotrod drilling.
(d) Depth drilling.
4. Which culture was known to have a God of Salt?
(a) The Chinese.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The native Americans.
5. What did the Egyptians mix with Brine to make Oxalme?
(b) Olive oil.
6. For which Italian city did the Barcelonans buy imported salt?
7. What do Parma locals combine milk curds with to make their cheese?
8. What other country developed a sauce similar to Garum?
9. How do the Chinese refer to the system of harvesting the square crystals on the surface of the water?
(a) Dragging and gathering.
(b) Filing and combing.
(c) Chipping and licking.
(d) Carving and holing.
10. Which emperor lead the Romans to victory against the Celts?
11. What the area of Bohemia now called?
(a) Czech Republic.
12. What do the French age their cheese in?
(c) Coffee jars.
13. What did Veleia have that helped in the production of salt?
(a) A salt lake.
(b) A salt montain.
(c) A salt mine.
(d) An underground salt spring.
14. What mammal did the Basque like to hunt?
15. Which of the following did the Chinese not invent?
(a) The radio.
(b) The compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fish did the Basque find was more valuable than whale meat?
2. In what way is Garum similar to soy sauce?
3. Why were dead bodies so important to the Egyptians?
4. What famous explorer does the author mention in this section?
5. What meat is Parma famous for producing?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)