|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Parmigiano-Reggiano more commonly known as?
(a) Stilton cheese.
(b) Parma ham.
(c) Parmesan cheese.
(d) Cheddar cheese.
2. Which country invaded the town of Veneto?
3. In what way is Garum similar to soy sauce?
(a) It contained soy beans.
(b) It was used as a medicine.
(c) It was a condiment used to salt food.
(d) It is a black liquid.
4. What the area of Bohemia now called?
(c) Czech Republic.
5. What became the most important salt producing town in England in the 9th century?
6. Which empire did Marco Polo study for twenty-five years?
(a) The Mongol empire.
(b) The Aztec empire.
(c) The British empire.
(d) The Spanish empire.
7. What kind of material did the Chinese use for the pipes of the first plumbing systems?
(b) Pine wood.
8. How do the Chinese refer to the system of harvesting the square crystals on the surface of the water?
(a) Filing and combing.
(b) Dragging and gathering.
(c) Carving and holing.
(d) Chipping and licking.
9. What do Parma locals combine milk curds with to make their cheese?
10. Who is known as the most famous of Genoese sailors?
(a) Arraggi Sacchi.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Marco Polo.
(d) Fernando Torres.
11. Who did the Basques learn shipbuilding from?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The British.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Spanish.
12. What is the name of the national dish of Poland?
(a) Nakladany Hermelin.
13. Which emperor lead the Romans to victory against the Celts?
14. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) The Creation of a New World.
(b) Preseving Independence.
(c) The Dean of Salt.
(d) Popping to the Mine.
15. What fish did the Basque find was more valuable than whale meat?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state did Jefferson live?
2. Which continent did the Vikings go to in search of cod?
3. Which was most likely the first civilization to realize salting food could preserve it?
4. Which of the following countries did the Hapsburgs not rule over?
5. What is the direct translation of Saltzburg?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)