|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the plebeians usually make their money?
(a) Through begging.
(b) Through labor work.
(c) Through writings.
(d) Through performing.
2. Which Spanish town does the author mention in this section?
3. What Irish dish became the official meat of the British navy?
(a) Tartar steak.
(b) Cure ham.
(c) Corned beef.
(d) Danish bacon.
4. For which Italian city did the Barcelonans buy imported salt?
5. What is the main town of Merseyside?
6. What is Ernest Jones famous for bring to Britain and the USA?
7. Which of the following countries did the Hapsburgs not rule over?
(a) Czech Republic.
8. Which country does the author write about in Chapter 12?
9. What is the name of the salt lake the Chinese fought over?
(a) Lake Shanxi.
(b) Lake Panieux.
(c) Lake Yuncheng.
(d) Lake Pang.
10. What do Parma locals combine milk curds with to make their cheese?
11. What did the purple dye represent?
12. In which country is Salzburg a town?
13. How do the Chinese refer to the system of harvesting the square crystals on the surface of the water?
(a) Filing and combing.
(b) Carving and holing.
(c) Dragging and gathering.
(d) Chipping and licking.
14. What do the French age their cheese in?
(d) Coffee jars.
15. What culture is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents salt from absorbing into meat?
2. What food is it thought that Marco Polo introduced to Italy?
3. Which culture was known to have a God of Salt?
4. Which two vegetables were the most important in central Europe during the Hapsburg dynasty?
5. What county is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)