|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10(Chapter 24 Ma, La, and Mao, Chapter 25 More Salt Than Fish, Chapter 26 Big Lake, Little Salt).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sodium Chloride better known as?
(a) Body salt.
(b) Table salt.
(c) Sniffing salt.
(d) Cooking salt.
2. What was known as Cordona's main treasure?
(a) A silver mine.
(b) A gold mine.
(c) A mountain of salt.
(d) A sealake.
3. Which country consumes the most salt?
4. Wht did international health group begin to worry about the effects of salt?
(a) It lacks iron.
(b) It lacks iodine.
(c) It was being made with chemicals.
(d) It lacks vitamins.
5. Which Chinese river is known as the father of floods?
(a) The Yangez.
(b) The Yangtze.
(c) The Yellow River.
(d) The Green River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Kibbutz eventually turn into?
2. Who led the popular movement against British salt polices?
3. On which river are the Salzburg and Hallein salt mines located?
4. How did the plebeians usually make their money?
5. What is the name of the sea that runs alongside Jordan and Israel?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)