|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10(Chapter 24 Ma, La, and Mao, Chapter 25 More Salt Than Fish, Chapter 26 Big Lake, Little Salt).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose work did Gandhi read in jail while in India?
2. Which was most likely the first civilization to realize salting food could preserve it?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Chinese.
(d) The Greeks.
3. What is the direct translation of Saltzburg?
(a) Salt town.
(b) Salt river.
(c) Salt lime.
(d) Salt hole.
4. What major even occurred in India in 1947?
(a) They were invaded.
(b) They gained independence.
(c) They were bombed.
(d) They were handed back Pakistan.
5. Which town eventually conquered Veleia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the national dish of Poland?
2. What is Appert's nationality?
3. What was the French salt tax also known as?
4. What is the title of Chapter 21?
5. Why was the payment the Roman soldiers received called a salary?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)