|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7( Chapter 16 The War between the Salts, Chapter 17 Red Salt).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two states were colonies of Britain?
(a) North Carolnia and South Carolina.
(b) California and Ohio.
(c) Kentucky and Ohio.
(d) Masschusetts and Virginia.
2. Which of the following countries did not go to America to find salt?
3. Why was cod such an important find?
(a) It was plentiful.
(b) It has little fat.
(c) It was cheap to prodice.
(d) They are easy to breed.
4. What color would the Celts paint their bodies when fighting?
5. What did one person bring onto Avery Island to farm?
(a) British wheat.
(b) Mexican chili peppers.
(c) Louisiana Cotton.
(d) Virginian tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Chinese refer to the system of harvesting the square crystals on the surface of the water?
2. Why was the payment the Roman soldiers received called a salary?
3. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
4. In what way is Garum similar to soy sauce?
5. What does the author say is the lesser known river of England?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)