|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7( Chapter 16 The War between the Salts, Chapter 17 Red Salt).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
(b) Setak City.
2. What was the most popular fish in Europe between the 16th and 18th century?
3. Who reinstated the salt tax in France?
(b) Louis XI.
4. Which of the following Italian cities flourished after the fall of Rome?
5. What took over the Mediterranean Sea as the main trade route for salt?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) The Dead Sea.
(c) The Indian Ocean.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the direct translation of Saltzburg?
2. What did one person bring onto Avery Island to farm?
3. Why was the payment the Roman soldiers received called a salary?
4. What did Veleia have that helped in the production of salt?
5. What is Ernest Jones famous for bring to Britain and the USA?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)