|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 Summary (Chapter 10 The Hapsburg Pickle, Chapter 11 The Leaving of Liverpool, Chapter 12 American Salt Wars).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the direct translation of Via Salaria?
(a) Salt path.
(b) Salt road.
(c) Salt freeway.
(d) Salt river.
2. What is Parmigiano-Reggiano more commonly known as?
(a) Cheddar cheese.
(b) Stilton cheese.
(c) Parmesan cheese.
(d) Parma ham.
3. In which country is Salzburg a town?
4. What turns the brine into salt crystals?
(b) Over heating.
(c) Solar evaporation.
(d) Water drenching.
5. Which country does the author write about in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Chinese river is known as the father of floods?
2. What is the author discussing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. What two stones does the author say the rock was a cross between?
4. What is the title of Chapter 6?
5. In which country does the author say he bought the rock?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)