|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 Summary (Chapter 10 The Hapsburg Pickle, Chapter 11 The Leaving of Liverpool, Chapter 12 American Salt Wars).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Irish dish became the official meat of the British navy?
(a) Cure ham.
(b) Danish bacon.
(c) Tartar steak.
(d) Corned beef.
2. What famous American had Parmesan shipped to America?
(a) Benjaman Franklyn,
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) George Washington.
3. What group was the ruling class of Rome?
(a) The regiments.
(b) The patricians.
(c) The plebeians.
(d) The democrats.
4. Which country invaded the town of Veneto?
5. Which of the following did the Chinese not invent?
(b) The radio.
(c) The compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Yi Dun believed to have made salt?
2. What fish did the Basque find was more valuable than whale meat?
3. What do Parma locals combine milk curds with to make their cheese?
4. Why was cod such an important find?
5. Which Spanish town does the author mention in this section?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)