|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9(Chapter 21 Salt and the Great Soul, Chapter 22 Not Looking Back, Chapter 23 The Last Day of Zigong).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the canal the Americans built on New York to transport salt?
(a) The Weener.
(b) The Erie.
(c) The Amsterdam.
(d) The Cod.
2. What was Jean Baptiste Colbert's role in the French government?
(b) Foreign minister.
(c) Finance minister.
(d) Deputy minister.
3. What vegetable did the French peasants serve lean blubber with?
4. Where were the Mormons before they settled in Utah?
(a) The East Coast.
(b) The West Coast.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The Mexican border.
5. Why was cod such an important find?
(a) It has little fat.
(b) It was cheap to prodice.
(c) They are easy to breed.
(d) It was plentiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which culture was known to have a God of Salt?
2. Who believed that the Dead Sea would become a source of mineral wealth?
3. What did the American south lack adequate supplies for against the north?
4. What is the name of the national dish of Poland?
5. Which two vegetables were the most important in central Europe during the Hapsburg dynasty?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)