|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9(Chapter 21 Salt and the Great Soul, Chapter 22 Not Looking Back, Chapter 23 The Last Day of Zigong).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vegetable did the French peasants serve lean blubber with?
2. What part of Virginia sided with the union?
(a) South Virginia.
(b) West Virginia.
(c) North Virgina.
(d) East Virginia.
3. What is the name of the process in which the Japanese ferment beans in earthen pots?
(a) Lactic acid fermentation.
(b) Chloride fermentation.
4. What famous explorer does the author mention in this section?
(a) James Cook.
(b) Marco Polo.
(c) Dean wren.
(d) Christopher Columbus.
5. How did the salt wars start?
(a) Satzburg refused to sell salt to foreigners.
(b) Salzburg closed their borders.
(c) Salzburg destroyed their salt mines.
(d) Salzburg tried to undercut their salt prices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 22?
2. What the area of Bohemia now called?
3. In which country does the author say he bought the rock?
4. What was name of the sauce that McIhenny invented?
5. Which country helped the new China Republic to rebuild their salt industry?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)