|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 Summary (Chapter 13 Salt and Independence, Chapter 14 Liberte, Egalite, Tax Breaks, Chapter 15 Preserving Independence).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the direct translation of Via Salaria?
(a) Salt freeway.
(b) Salt river.
(c) Salt path.
(d) Salt road.
2. What was known as Cordona's main treasure?
(a) A gold mine.
(b) A sealake.
(c) A silver mine.
(d) A mountain of salt.
3. What Irish dish became the official meat of the British navy?
(a) Corned beef.
(b) Tartar steak.
(c) Cure ham.
(d) Danish bacon.
4. What vegetable did the French peasants serve lean blubber with?
5. What did Mattias Schleiden claim was the mark of all tyrannies?
(a) Salt tax.
(c) Salt mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the British claim it was okay to kidnap American soldiers?
2. What group was the ruling class of Rome?
3. What is the title of Chapter 15?
4. What is the main town of Merseyside?
5. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)