|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 Summary (Chapter 13 Salt and Independence, Chapter 14 Liberte, Egalite, Tax Breaks, Chapter 15 Preserving Independence).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(a) The Leaving of Liverpool.
(b) The Hapsburg Pickle.
(c) The German Sauerkraut.
(d) The American Salt Wars.
2. What is the direct translation of Via Salaria?
(a) Salt freeway.
(b) Salt road.
(c) Salt river.
(d) Salt path.
3. What county is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Two Ports and the Prosciutto in Between.
(b) Floating on the water.
(c) Foolish Wanderings in the Dead Sea.
(d) Salting it Away in the Adriatic.
5. Which of the following people were exempt from military service in the American War for Independence?
(a) Salt workers.
(b) Postal workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What culture is the author talking about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. By what name was Cincinnati also known as?
3. What group was the ruling class of Rome?
4. What did the purple dye represent?
5. Which empire did Marco Polo study for twenty-five years?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)