|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8(Chapter 18 The Odium of Sodium, Chapter 19 The Mythology of Geology, Chapter 20 The Soil Never Sets On).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country invaded the town of Veneto?
2. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) Popping to the Mine.
(b) The Dean of Salt.
(c) Preseving Independence.
(d) The Creation of a New World.
3. Which county colonized India for hundreds of years?
(d) Great Britain.
4. What is ketchup named after?
(a) A Czech engineer.
(b) A British salt miner.
(c) A Chinese philosopher.
(d) An Indonesian fish.
5. What is the title of Chapter 23?
(a) Creating the New World.
(b) A Useful Tool.
(c) The Last Week in Pittsburgh.
(d) The Last Day of Zigong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Appert's nationality?
2. What famous company did a man named Birdseye form?
3. What did Appert invent?
4. Which empire did Marco Polo study for twenty-five years?
5. Which country does the author write about in Chapter 12?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)