|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8(Chapter 18 The Odium of Sodium, Chapter 19 The Mythology of Geology, Chapter 20 The Soil Never Sets On).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Appert's nationality?
2. How does one know if an English town was once a salt producing town?
(a) It now has closed off mines.
(b) It has wich at the end of its name.
(c) It has pool at the end of its name.
(d) It has a Cathedral.
3. What is the main town of Merseyside?
4. What is ketchup named after?
(a) A Chinese philosopher.
(b) An Indonesian fish.
(c) A Czech engineer.
(d) A British salt miner.
5. What had to be done to English bacon before one cooked it?
(a) Scrub with a cloth.
(b) Dip it in water.
(c) Cover it with egg yolk.
(d) Hand it out to dry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country invaded the town of Veneto?
2. What does the author say is the lesser known river of England?
3. What did Veleia have that helped in the production of salt?
4. What is the title of Chapter 13?
5. What did Sarah Hale discover could preserve fish?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)