|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 4-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation of justice did Aristotle provide?
(a) A well intentioned set of actions.
(b) A means between three extremes.
(c) A well intentioned action.
(d) A mean between two extremes.
2. Which one of the following was an example of national defense provided in Book I, Chapter 4?
(c) Previous battles.
3. When did Aristotle think "what is good" made one happy?
(b) Most of the time.
4. Why did Aristotle think the political rhetorician should show that their proposal was in line with the audience's happiness?
(a) To prevent them from forgetting it.
(b) To encourage them to consider it.
(c) To convince them to accept it.
(d) To help them understand it.
5. How did Aristotle think a political orator should convince an audience of their plan?
(a) By showing that it was just as good as most other options.
(b) By showing that it was just as good as all other options.
(c) By showing that it was better than most other options.
(d) By showing that it was better than all other options.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Aristotle define democracy in Book 2, Chapter 8?
2. What did Aristotle think a political orator should be aware of?
3. As Aristotle explained, in which situations would rhetoric be useful?
4. With the ethical appeal, what would the speaker be attempting to convey to the audience?
5. Which one of the following was not listed by Aristotle as a form of happiness?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)