|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a day did Mike spend at the UCLA library?
2. What grades did Mike get in grammar?
(a) A's and B's.
(b) C's and D's.
(c) B's and C's.
(d) D's and F's.
3. What was Mike's favorite activity in the college group he joined?
(c) Conducting experiments.
4. What subject did Mike have trouble learning?
5. At UCLA, what was the first language Mike chose to learn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Nopales?
2. What was the name of Mike's elementary school?
3. What did Mike say first interested him in writing?
4. What did Mike say was the problem with his curriculum?
5. In what grade was Hank tagged as a slow learner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mike remember most about his childhood school days?
2. What did Mike learn from Ted Erlandson?
3. How did the students Mike worked with feel about the standardized tests?
4. What lesson did Mike design to help his students better understand vocabulary?
5. What did Mike say he learned from the four men who gave him a good liberal education?
6. How did Mike describe the Goddess of Grammar?
7. What did Mike learn from Jack McFarland?
8. What type of school was Loyola when Mike attended in the early sixties?
9. How did Mike feel about the final assignment in Professor Gullans' class?
10. How did childhood reading open up Mike's world?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)