|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car did Carlos Ramirez have?
2. What subject did Mike have trouble learning?
3. What group was Mike uninterested in joining?
4. What did Mike say was the problem with his curriculum?
(a) It wasn't well designed.
(b) It was too difficult.
(c) It was self enclosed.
(d) It wasn't designed for remedial students.
5. When Mike took a break from his fellowship, what subject did he take?
(b) Social Science.
6. What was the name of the apartment complex where Mike lived when he attended UCLA?
(a) Sherry Terrace.
(b) Westing Terrace.
(c) Jones Terrace.
(d) Green Terrace.
7. Who was the progressive theologian that Mike mentioned?
(a) Steve Hilsdale.
(b) Paul Hilsdale.
(c) John Hilsdale.
(d) Arthur Hilsdale.
8. What group did Mike join after leaving UCLA?
(a) Teacher Corps.
(b) UCLA Literacy Group.
(c) Veterans Program.
(d) Teacher Program.
9. Which student's parents were alcoholics?
10. Which author did Linda Peinhardt encourage Mike to read?
(a) Ishmael Reed.
(b) Michael Reed.
(c) Steven Reed.
(d) Joan Reed.
11. What did a person being arrested throw into Mike's yard?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) Stolen property.
(d) 12 bags of heroin.
12. When did the Mike first meet Bobby?
(a) In the summer program.
(b) At a dinner with mutual friends.
(c) At a hamburger stand.
(d) In high school.
13. When Mike was in high school, where did he think he would go to college?
(a) Junior college.
14. What happened when Mike's test results were mixed up with the results of another high school student?
(a) He quit school.
(b) He was put in advanced classes.
(c) He went to another school.
(d) He got placed on the vocational track.
15. Who did Mike say was the coolest kid he knew?
(a) Samuel Wilson.
(b) Alex Wilson.
(c) John Wilson.
(d) Tyrrell Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mike's favorite activity in the college group he joined?
2. What grades did Mike get in grammar?
3. How many books were required reading for UCLA's Modern American Literature course?
4. Who lived with Mike when he was seventeen?
5. As a child, what did Mike like to read about?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)