|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many books were required reading for UCLA's Modern American Literature course?
2. What college accepted Mike?
3. What was Mike's first job before sixth grade?
(a) Stocking shelves at a grocery store.
(b) Working with his dad.
(c) Cleaning a pet shop.
(d) Helping a teacher.
4. What was Ben's second cousin's name?
5. Who taught the Mike's college course on Shakespeare?
(a) Father Jones.
(b) Father Erlandson.
(c) Father Albertson.
(d) Father Stevens.
6. At which college did Mike work?
(b) Westmont College.
(c) California State.
(d) Menlo College.
7. What was the name of Mrs. Ramirez's youngest child?
8. According to Mike, what did most students and professors call English A?
9. As teenagers, where did Mike and his friends hang out?
(a) With Mike's parents.
(b) At a liquor store.
(c) At a bookstore.
(d) Downtown L.A.
10. What was Mike's favorite activity in the college group he joined?
(c) Conducting experiments.
11. What was the name of Mike's college roommate from South L.A.?
(a) John Connor.
(b) Mike Connor.
(c) Steve Connor.
(d) Alex Connor.
12. How many children did Mrs. Ramirez have?
13. Who wrote Piers Plowman?
(a) Frank Langland.
(b) John Langland.
(c) William Langland.
(d) Steve Langland.
14. In college, what subject did Mike find hard to study?
(a) Contemporary literature.
(c) Psychological text.
(d) English Prose written before the 20th century.
15. What did Mike say was the problem with his curriculum?
(a) It was too difficult.
(b) It wasn't designed for remedial students.
(c) It was self enclosed.
(d) It wasn't well designed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Mike and his team sent?
2. Who was the progressive theologian that Mike mentioned?
3. What was the name of the apartment complex where Mike lived when he attended UCLA?
4. What group did Mike join after leaving UCLA?
5. Which author did Linda Peinhardt encourage Mike to read?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)