|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the final project in Mike's UCLA Bibliography class?
(a) Creating a complete bibliography on a literary figure.
(b) Writing a thesis.
(c) Creating a bibliography on the teacher.
(d) Writing a bibliography on his favorite author.
2. Where did Mike and his team meet for dinner once a week?
3. What group did Mike join in college?
(a) The Math Society.
(b) The Historical Society.
(c) The English Society.
(d) The Science Society.
4. How did Mike try to avoid his inadequacy in a particular subject?
(a) By daydreaming in class.
(b) By pretending to understand.
(c) By having someone else do his assignments.
(d) By skipping class.
5. What did Mike say first interested him in writing?
(a) He wanted to express himself.
(b) He wanted a teacher to like him.
(c) He wanted to give others a look into his life.
(d) He wanted a way to record things that happened.
6. Who wrote Piers Plowman?
(a) Steve Langland.
(b) Frank Langland.
(c) William Langland.
(d) John Langland.
7. Where was Laura born?
(a) Mexico City.
8. When did Mike's mother come to America?
9. At which college did Mike work?
(a) Westmont College.
(c) California State.
(d) Menlo College.
10. What did Mike's parents want him to become when he grew up?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
11. What did Mike's parents get him for Christmas?
(a) An encyclopedia.
(b) A toy truck.
(c) A chemistry set.
(d) A toy race car.
12. What did Mike's teachers encourage him to do so he might better understand what they were teaching?
(a) Read more.
(b) Make connections and enter into conversations.
(c) Have one on one meetings with them.
(d) Join a study group.
13. What were Nopales?
(a) Bottled cactus strips.
(b) Fresh cactus strips.
(c) Dried cactus strips.
(d) Cooked cactus strips.
14. Which author did Linda Peinhardt encourage Mike to read?
(a) Steven Reed.
(b) Ishmael Reed.
(c) Michael Reed.
(d) Joan Reed.
15. What did Mike say that teaching was?
(a) A difficult endeavor.
(b) The best job ever.
(c) A kind of romance.
(d) A hard job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mike say was the problem with his curriculum?
2. What grades did Mike get in grammar?
3. According to Mike, what did most students and professors call English A?
4. How many books were required reading for UCLA's Modern American Literature course?
5. What did Rosalie suggest Mike do with the students he tutored in October?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)