|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "It was an exercise that was all analysis and no synthesis"?
(a) L.M. Marrou.
(b) G.T. Marrou.
(c) H.I. Marrou.
(d) J.I. Marrou.
2. In college, what book did Mike have a hard time studying?
(a) Modern Science and it's Metaphysical Foundations.
(b) The Foundations of Modern Science.
(c) The Metaphysical.
(d) The Metaphysical Foundations of Modern Science.
3. What did Mike and his team do the other week days?
(a) Work in another school.
(b) Write a thesis.
(c) Study for their masters degrees.
4. Who helped Mike learn to write better?
(a) Dr. Erlandson.
(b) Dr. Jones.
(c) Dr. Johnson.
(d) Dr. Stevens.
5. As teenagers, where did Mike and his friends hang out?
(a) At a bookstore.
(b) Downtown L.A.
(c) At a liquor store.
(d) With Mike's parents.
6. What did Mike say was the problem with his curriculum?
(a) It wasn't well designed.
(b) It wasn't designed for remedial students.
(c) It was self enclosed.
(d) It was too difficult.
7. How much did John pay to rent his apartment in 1962?
8. How many books were required reading for UCLA's Modern American Literature course?
9. What was the name of the apartment complex where Mike lived when he attended UCLA?
(a) Green Terrace.
(b) Jones Terrace.
(c) Sherry Terrace.
(d) Westing Terrace.
10. How did Mike try to avoid his inadequacy in a particular subject?
(a) By daydreaming in class.
(b) By pretending to understand.
(c) By having someone else do his assignments.
(d) By skipping class.
11. How many hours a day did Mike spend at the UCLA library?
12. What were Nopales?
(a) Bottled cactus strips.
(b) Dried cactus strips.
(c) Fresh cactus strips.
(d) Cooked cactus strips.
13. What grade did Mike get in College Logic?
14. What did Mike say first interested him in writing?
(a) He wanted to express himself.
(b) He wanted a teacher to like him.
(c) He wanted to give others a look into his life.
(d) He wanted a way to record things that happened.
15. In college, what subject did Mike find hard to study?
(a) Contemporary literature.
(b) Psychological text.
(c) English Prose written before the 20th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of the article in The Nation in 1896?
2. What did a person being arrested throw into Mike's yard?
3. Who had been Mike's mentor on Loyola's literary magazine?
4. What did Rosalie suggest Mike do with the students he tutored in October?
5. What did Patti Masters make Mike to help him fit in as a teacher?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)