|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp 231 - 242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mike's mother bring home to read when he was a child?
(a) Math books.
(b) Classical books.
(c) Astronomy books.
(d) Hollywood tabloids.
2. How did Mike define remedial?
(a) Run of the mill.
3. What type of course did Mike want to develop for his students in the Veterans Program?
(a) A course on thought.
(b) A course to improve their lives.
(c) A course on past experience.
(d) A course on how to write better.
4. According to Mike how did educators in the 1930s view literary problems?
(a) From a remedial perspective.
(b) From an insightful perspective.
(c) From a medical remedial perspective.
(d) From a medical perspective.
5. Who said "It is what we are excited about that educates us"?
(a) Michelle Ewen.
(b) Elizabeth Ewen.
(c) Jane Ewen.
(d) Alison Ewen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literature did Mike say that he knew little about?
2. What course did Mike take in his second semester at college?
3. How much did Mike say he wrote as a child?
4. How old was Chin when he came to America?
5. What did Mike and his team do the other week days?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)