|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 151-168.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnic background was Hank?
2. Why did Mike believe that most of the men were involved in the program?
(a) They wanted to change their lives.
(b) They wanted to conquer their fears.
(c) They wanted to talk about their families.
(d) They wanted to relate their war experience to others.
3. What word did Rodrigo pick out in the word definition exercise Mike did with his students?
4. What did Patti Masters make Mike to help him fit in as a teacher?
(a) Dress pants.
(b) Wool coat.
(c) 3 long ties.
(d) Dress shirts.
5. What was the title of the article in The Nation in 1896?
(a) "The Illiteracy of American Boys."
(b) "American Illiteracy."
(c) "Illiteracy in America."
(d) "The Growing Illiteracy of American Boys."
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mike's mother come to America?
2. How many books were required reading for UCLA's Modern American Literature course?
3. What reading made Blanche laugh aloud when Mike was teaching literature?
4. Where did Mike say he did his most unusual teaching?
5. What did Mike's teachers encourage him to do so he might better understand what they were teaching?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)