1. Where was Laura born?
(d) Mexico City.
2. What was Laura's father's job?
(a) Food vendor.
(b) Construction worker.
(c) Restaurant owner.
3. According to Mike, what did most students and professors call English A?
4. At which college did Mike work?
(a) Menlo College.
(b) Westmont College.
(c) California State.
5. At the college where Mike worked, what was the name of the other English A teacher?
(a) Dr. Gunner.
(b) Dr. Whitmore.
(c) Dr. Anderson.
(d) Dr. Jones.
6. When did the Mike first meet Bobby?
(a) At a hamburger stand.
(b) At a dinner with mutual friends.
(c) In the summer program.
(d) In high school.
7. What was the title of the article in The Nation in 1896?
(a) "The Illiteracy of American Boys."
(b) "The Growing Illiteracy of American Boys."
(c) "American Illiteracy."
(d) "Illiteracy in America."
8. How many Southern Italian peasants immigrated to America between 1880 and 1920?
(a) Under 4 million.
(b) Under 3 million.
(c) Over 3 million.
(d) Over 4 million.
This section contains 3,506 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)