1. Where was Laura born?
(a) Mexico City.
2. What was Laura's father's job?
(a) Food vendor.
(c) Restaurant owner.
(d) Construction worker.
3. According to Mike, what did most students and professors call English A?
4. At which college did Mike work?
(a) California State.
(c) Westmont College.
(d) Menlo College.
5. At the college where Mike worked, what was the name of the other English A teacher?
(a) Dr. Anderson.
(b) Dr. Gunner.
(c) Dr. Jones.
(d) Dr. Whitmore.
6. When did the Mike first meet Bobby?
(a) In the summer program.
(b) At a hamburger stand.
(c) In high school.
(d) At a dinner with mutual friends.
7. What was the title of the article in The Nation in 1896?
(a) "Illiteracy in America."
(b) "The Illiteracy of American Boys."
(c) "The Growing Illiteracy of American Boys."
(d) "American Illiteracy."
8. How many Southern Italian peasants immigrated to America between 1880 and 1920?
(a) Under 3 million.
(b) Under 4 million.
(c) Over 3 million.
(d) Over 4 million.
This section contains 3,506 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)