|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 273 through 353..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edith react when Hofmiller does not respond to her story the way she wants?
(a) She begs him to treat her better.
(b) She throws him out of the house.
(c) She becomes angry and says he'll be free when they leave for the sanitarium.
(d) She complains to her father.
2. At the beginning of the section beginning on page 223, Ferencz comes to take Hofmiller to what event?
(a) Dinner at Kekesfalva's home.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A dinner with his regiment.
(d) The theater.
3. Why does Hofmiller hesitate when Kekesfalva insists that his driver take Hofmiller home on a rainy night?
(a) He doesn't want Kekesfalva to know that he is planning to meet some friends rather than go home that night.
(b) He thinks Kekesfalva is being too generous.
(c) He is concerned about how arriving in a luxury car will appear to his fellow soldiers.
(d) He enjoys walking in the rain.
4. How does Kekesfalva plan to repay Hofmiller for talking to Dr. Condor for him?
(a) He offers Hofmiller his own suite of rooms at the castle.
(b) He plans to pay Hofmiller the equivalent of a week's salary.
(c) He says he'll introduce Hofmiller to high-ranking officials.
(d) He says he'll allow Hofmiller to court Edith.
5. How does Edith commit suicide?
(a) She shoots herself with Hofmiller's gun.
(b) She jumps from the roof of the castle.
(c) She takes a bottle of sleeping pills.
(d) She throws herself over the balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edith so excited when Hofmiller arrives at the house the morning after his dinner with Dr. Condor?
2. How did Kekesfalva change after getting married?
3. Why does Hofmiller eventually decide to open the letter from Edith?
4. What is Dr. Condor's wife's name?
5. When they talk after Hofmiller returns from his trip with the Kekesfalvas, what does Dr. Condor tell Hofmiller about the new treatment?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)