|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 113 through 151..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Condor tell Hofmiller was his initial opinion about why Hofmiller has become friends with Kekesfalva and his family?
(a) He thought Hofmiller wanted to court and marry Ilona.
(b) He thought Hofmiller was looking for a replacement for his absent family.
(c) He thought Hofmiller was after Kekesfalva's money.
(d) He thought Hofmiller was under the impression that Kekesfalva could help him advance in his career.
2. Why does Edith not dance with Hofmiller?
(a) Her boyfriend doesn't want her to dance with another man.
(b) She is too shy.
(c) Her father doesn't allow her to dance.
(d) She is disabled and can't use her legs.
3. The morning following the sale of the property, what surprising move did Kekesfalva make when he went to Dietzenhof's hotel?
(a) He asked her to marry him.
(b) He pretended not to know her when he saw her in the lobby.
(c) He told her the truth about what he had done.
(d) He tried to trick her out of her remaining money.
4. From whom did Kekesfalva learn to read and write?
(a) His parents taught him.
(b) He was taught by a rabbi.
(c) An older brother taught him.
(d) He learned at boarding school.
5. How does Edith react when Hofmiller asks her to dance?
(a) She gives him a shy smile and turns away.
(b) She is delighted by the attention being paid to her.
(c) She is horrified and begins to sob.
(d) She ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hofmiller hesitate when Kekesfalva insists that his driver take Hofmiller home on a rainy night?
2. How did Dietzenhof change after marrying Kekesfalva?
3. Is Dr. Condor actively pursuing a cure for Edith?
4. How does Dr. Condor behave during dinner with Hofmiller and Kekesfalva?
5. What is Hofmiller's first impression of Dr. Condor?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)