Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carnegie's methods in steel concentrate what?
(a) The first industry in the world.
(b) The beginnings of the American steel industry.
(c) The first American industry.
(d) The beginnings of pollution problems.
2. Americans in the North have how many years of peace and prosperity as they begin to exploit American markets?
3. In __________, Carnegie has the most modern operation.
4. Phipps sees possible gains in other operations and encourages Carnegie to hire who?
(a) A full-time conservationist.
(b) A full-time biologist.
(c) A full-time chemist.
(d) A full-time physicist.
5. Bank failures destroy personal savings, social safety nets are nonexistent and workers retreat to the family farm or where?
(a) The coasts.
(b) The city.
(c) The mother country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frick's first acquisition is _____________, which is the most modern steel mill and keeps the Carnegie Company at the forefront.
2. The partners want Frick to exercise power without Carnegie. Why?
3. Carnegie organizes a partnership with business associates and colleagues that are confident of his success to do what?
4. Productive staff is rewarded and non-productive staff is ___________.
5. Beginning in 1872, Carnegie focuses on the single project of his steel-rail rolling mill that is completed in _________.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)