|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frick's first acquisition is _____________, which is the most modern steel mill and keeps the Carnegie Company at the forefront.
(a) Duquesne Steel.
(c) Factory Steel.
(d) U.S. Steel.
2. When prosperity returns, the Carnegie business thrives. Does the damage to his personal reputation from the strike ever heal?
3. From 1872 through ________, Carnegie builds an integrated industrial business to become the best-known manufacturer in the world, publishes three books, travels around the world, and becomes a philanthropist with the express intent to give away his fortune.
4. Carnegie tries to use public relations, legislative action and threatens who to drive shipping costs down?
(a) John D. Rockefeller.
(b) A competitor railroad.
(c) A competitor in the steel industry.
(d) The unions.
5. Frick shares Carnegie's vision and drive but is self-righteous and lacks what?
(d) A sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carnegie contributes __________ of the partnership total $741,000 in original capital to the firm he names "Carnegie, McCandless and Company" and names the mill "Edgar Thomson Works" (ET) for the first president of Pennsylvania Railroad.
2. Carnegie pressures management and Frick resigns again. Is his resignation accepted?
3. Carnegie progresses from rolling rail to rolling structural beams and angles for bridges, skyscrapers, and ________________.
4. Carnegie's methods in steel concentrate what?
5. He installs a blast furnace called________ in 1872 to produce 13.361 tons initially and eventually over 100,000 tons annually by maximizing output.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)