|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carnegie hires Captain Bill Jones to raid whose staff where they worked together before its strike to run ET?
(a) Cambria font's.
(b) Cambria mill's.
(c) Cambria heights'.
(d) Cambria pines'.
2. Phipps buys flue-cinder at fifty cents a ton and sells puddle-cinder at ________ per ton to improve Lucy furnace product and save money.
3. As mills become more efficient, the need for raw material continues with deposits from _______________________.
(a) Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
(b) Alabama, Alaska, and Arizona.
(c) Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois.
(d) New York, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
4. Along with Shinn, they put together an effective team based on Carnegie's systematic analysis of personnel to provide performance incentives that raise __________ men through ranks to share ownership.
5. Only how many of the original nine partners remain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Carnegie relies on what system implemented by Thomson and Scott at the railroad to transfer and adapt it to industry?
2. Tom Miller is a _________ man who forms joint ventures with Carnegie in several small investments. They form Freedom Iron Company of Lewiston Pennsylvania in 1861 that Carnegie restructures into Freedom Iron and Steel to retool for the Bessemer process in 1866.
3. He follows a policy of putting all his eggs in the same basket and doing what?
4. Frick's chairmanship of the Carnegie Company marks a difficult period in its history starting with what strike in 1892 and a four year depression from 1893.
5. Carnegie's pace of ___________ replacement needs continuous reinvestment of profits to the exclusion of significant dividend payments.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carnegie rely on the McCallum system?
2. Describe the economic collapse. How are Carnegie and others affected by it?
3. What does the entrepreneurial Carnegie begin in 1872? Describe his work at this time.
4. Describe the seven years of peace and prosperity in the North.
5. How does Carnegie benefit from cutting costs?
6. Who is Homestead? How does Carnegie deal with Homestead?
7. What happens when Carnegie goes to Scotland?
8. Describe Carnegie's partners at this time.
9. What is a second dimension necessary to effect this integration?
10. What causes the 1893 depression? What does Carnegie do at this time?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)