|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When prosperity returns, the Carnegie business thrives. Does the damage to his personal reputation from the strike ever heal?
2. A second dimension necessary to effect this integration is the implementation of what system?
3. Historically, management of the Carnegie companies resulted in _____ labor difficulties before the Homestead strike.
(b) Quite a few.
(d) Hundreds of.
4. American capitalism and democracy conflict in the fear that economic justice requires what?
(a) An inactive government.
(b) No government.
(c) An active interventionist role for government.
(d) Small government.
5. The start of ET construction coincides with what?
(a) The Crash of 1873.
(b) The Great Depression of 1873.
(c) The Panic of 1873.
(d) Black Friday of 1873.
Short Answer Questions
1. In __________, Carnegie has the most modern operation.
2. Tom Miller is a _________ man who forms joint ventures with Carnegie in several small investments. They form Freedom Iron Company of Lewiston Pennsylvania in 1861 that Carnegie restructures into Freedom Iron and Steel to retool for the Bessemer process in 1866.
3. Their deal demonstrates the power of what?
4. Carnegie feels confident enough in 1870 to do what?
5. By 1892, Carnegie is in ______________ and leaves labor issues to Frick.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)