|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mills become more efficient, the need for raw material continues with deposits from _______________________.
(a) Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois.
(b) New York, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
(c) Alabama, Alaska, and Arizona.
(d) Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
2. Carnegie forms an enterprise to manufacture Bessemer steel as he changes from ________________.
(a) Entrepreneur to capitalist.
(b) Capitalist to socialist.
(c) Capitalist to entrepreneur.
(d) Socialist to capitalist.
3. When the state legislature creates a limited partnership in ____________, Carnegie, McCandless immediately restructures into the Edgar Thomson Steel Company, Limited.
4. Frick shares Carnegie's vision and drive but is self-righteous and lacks what?
(c) A sense of humor.
5. Carnegie contributes __________ of the partnership total $741,000 in original capital to the firm he names "Carnegie, McCandless and Company" and names the mill "Edgar Thomson Works" (ET) for the first president of Pennsylvania Railroad.
(b) $2.5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew needs a strong leader to manage growth after what happens to his brother Tom?
2. By 1892, Carnegie is in ______________ and leaves labor issues to Frick.
3. Carnegie is praised by labor leaders and Frick is considered _____________.
4. The process takes longer than expected, but by 1868 production begins, and expansion is planned in what year?
5. What problems does this steel company have?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)