|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This craft has been practiced by half its 11,000 people since when?
(a) The 17th century.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) Medieval times.
(d) The 18th century.
2. In following years Carnegie gets at least ___________ for a net investment of $217.50 until 1870 when he sells out.
3. Andrew Carnegie's last bond financing sale comes in July, _______ when he sells $6 million in bonds to Sulzbach Brothers, who buy bonds reluctantly, with Carnegie's encouragement.
4. When his father dies in 1855, Andrew calls him what?
(a) A man of the world.
(b) An embarrassment.
(c) A man not of the world.
(d) A loser.
5. Who is Cuban Roberto Goizuetta?
(a) The deceased chairman of Coca-Cola.
(b) The deceased president of Liz Claiborne.
(c) The deceased chairman of Applebee's.
(d) The deceased CEO of Intel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scott and Thomson hold stock in Carnegie's name for what reason?
2. _____________ is the focal point that straddles the east-west route where the Monongahela and Allegheny rivers join at the Ohio River.
3. Carnegie uses a similar strategy to exit the Woodruff Company by reorganizing it into ________________ with new stockholders and the triumvirate unstated.
4. Their town is at one time known as the most radical in the kingdom, as a result of the influence of ______________ who demand concessions from Parliament, primarily political equality.
5. Andrew succeeds in the mastery of what business techniques?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Roberto Goizuetta and Any Grove?
2. What happens on July 15, 1848?
3. What are the jobs of the railroad managers?
4. What does Carnegie do in Europe?
5. Give an example of when Carnegie meets railroad's customers and initiates control of division operations when needed.
6. What does Andrew do from 1867 through 1872?
7. The partners pledge an investment to be made in installments paid when due or by the company as credit for dividends payable on the whole investment. Give an example of this pledge in action.
8. How does Carnegie determine he can profit from the boom in telegraphy?
9. What happens within two years of arriving in America?
10. By what is this dream not diminished?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)