|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In following years Carnegie gets at least ___________ for a net investment of $217.50 until 1870 when he sells out.
2. From 1867 through 1872, Andrew Carnegie joins the expansion trend by manipulating what stock to promote $30 million in stocks and bonds in Europe?
(a) Union Pacific and Pennsylvania Railroad.
(b) Western Union and Union Pacific.
(c) Pennsylvania Railroad and Western Union.
(d) Woodruff and Western Union.
3. In ___________, Andrew is offered a job by Tom Scott, western division superintendent of the Pennsylvania Railroad, to be his secretary and personal telegrapher.
4. Andrew Carnegie becomes known as the city's best _____________.
5. The business is _______________ with conductors and station agents collecting millions in small coin revenue.
(a) "Penny and nickel."
(b) Dime and quarter."
(c) Penny and dime."
(d) "Nickel and dime."
Short Answer Questions
1. The triumvirate agrees to sell at once for what reason?
2. Their town is at one time known as the most radical in the kingdom, as a result of the influence of ______________ who demand concessions from Parliament, primarily political equality.
3. Carnegie's career begins on July 15, 1848, when he and his family, parents Will, Margaret and his brother Tom, do what?
4. What demand adequate cash flow and net income for operating expenses and a dividend sufficient to maintain and attract capital to grow?
5. Carnegie promotes expanding with other Pennsylvania-controlled franchises through Scott and assures construction in his contracting business by bartering Pacific stock for construction costs with ___________ exchange rates.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andrew escape the textile mills?
2. Describe Carnegie's rise in business by 1865.
3. What does Carnegie do when Pacific dividend payments stop?
4. How is Pittsburgh important at this time?
5. What work do the Carnegies find in America?
6. What are the jobs of the railroad managers?
7. How does Andrew benefit from his work delivering telegraph messages?
8. By what is this dream not diminished?
9. Who are Roberto Goizuetta and Any Grove?
10. How is Carnegie cautious in his investments? How might this help him throughout his career?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)