|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1856, Scott advises him to buy what company as his first stock investment?
(a) Anthony Express Company.
(b) Aaron Express Company.
(c) Amos Express Company.
(d) Adams Express Company.
2. The Carnegies stay in their homeland as long as they can until conditions become intolerable in what town?
3. Carnegie meets railroad's ____________ and initiates control of division operations when needed.
4. Although Andrew dislikes the tedium, smells and hours, he works in another textile mill until what?
(a) He gets injured.
(b) He gets promoted to a management position.
(c) He gets an office opportunity in accounting.
(d) He gets a college scholarship.
5. With whom does Carnegie form Columbia Oil Company?
(a) William Coleman.
(b) Wilson Coleman.
(c) Willard Coleman.
(d) Wallece Coleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the founder of Intel and Liz Claibourne?
2. He forms an informal investing ____________ with Thomson and Scott.
3. A new competitor, ________________ , decides a lavishly decorated "rolling palace" may have an edge, and by 1867 he has forty-eight in service.
4. He leaves his Pittsburgh home and iron business to live in what city?
5. Andrew begins to see the railroad industry as an opportunity to regain what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andrew escape the textile mills?
2. What does Carnegie learn at the Pennsylvania Railroad?
3. Describe the Columbia Oil Company.
4. Describe Carnegie's investment in Keystone Bridge Company.
5. What agreement is made between the triumvirate and James L. Shaw?
6. Give an example of when Carnegie meets railroad's customers and initiates control of division operations when needed.
7. How does industry benefit from Carnegie?
8. What does Carnegie do when Pacific dividend payments stop?
9. What does Daniel McCallum offer those in management?
10. What work do the Carnegies find in America?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)