|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Kenneth B. Clark Interview | Playboy Interview: Martin Luther King, Jr..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ is a means of resisting and one that requires followers to seek friendship and understanding of opponents.
(b) Sit ins.
2. The participation of African Americans in __________ would prove to be their economic power in society.
(b) The fields.
(c) The factories.
(d) The Army.
3. The students broke __________ laws, accepting that there were penalties to pay for doing so, and accepting these penalties willingly.
(c) All the.
4. The greatest tragedy of this battle for the integration of African Americans and whites was the denial of __________.
(a) The vote.
5. What is NOT one of the ways in which oppression is responded to, according to Dr. King?
(b) Physical violence.
(c) Prayer sessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. King accepted the label of ___________, claiming that this sort of nonviolence was powerful and just.
2. What was NOT one of the ways that progress towards integration was fought?
3. The growth of __________ among African Americans would not allow people to revert to a subservient and demeaned class.
4. Though legislation was passed through Congress, the presidents were unwilling to insist on the _______________ of the laws.
5. The whites of the __________ forgot they had developed a social caste system and culture, even believing the lie.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)