|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Kenneth B. Clark Interview | Playboy Interview: Martin Luther King, Jr..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. King spoke out against the war in Vietnam, saying "A time comes when ___________ is betrayal."
2. The ___________ commitment of the nonviolence movement allowed for the refusal to cooperate with evil.
(a) Dr. King.
3. The ________ was required to industrialize, developing economic power, improving medical care, etc.
4. Who were the perpetrators of the severe violence which took place during the march from Selma to Montgomery?
(c) State police.
5. Southern __________ continued to fight against the civil rights measures and bills being put before them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The war in ________________ frustrated African American soldiers who fought and died with whites on the battle fields.
2. The Montgomery _________ surprised many African Americans when it happened, helping to encourage more.
3. The struggle had a ___________ quality, including members of all classes of society and all ages.
4. One of the many wonders of the boycott and the nonviolent actions was the joining of many local __________ communities.
5. The participation of African Americans in __________ would prove to be their economic power in society.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)