|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Give Us the Ballot—We Will Transform the South | If the Negro Wins, Labor Wins.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives parity, subsides and incentives when they are in the world, according to Dr. King?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The children.
(d) The poor.
2. The ________ was required to industrialize, developing economic power, improving medical care, etc.
3. The greatest tragedy of this battle for the integration of African Americans and whites was the denial of __________.
(c) The vote.
4. Dr. King believed the government was playing a game of Russian roulette with the _________ each summer.
(c) Congressional hearings.
5. What were some groups training as they didn't quite believe that nonviolence would be able to work?
(c) Bomb building.
(d) Language skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Economic growth through industrialization increases the purchasing power of the ________________.
2. The whites of the __________ forgot they had developed a social caste system and culture, even believing the lie.
3. The problem with using violence is that it alienates the people in the ___________, those who yet have not determined that any resistance is necessary.
4. The Supreme Court struck down the idea of _____________ in May of 1954.
5. A rebirth of _____________ societies threatened to destroy both labor unions and the opportunity for African Americans to fully integrate.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)