|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Give Us the Ballot—We Will Transform the South | If the Negro Wins, Labor Wins.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. King believed the government was playing a game of Russian roulette with the _________ each summer.
(d) Congressional hearings.
2. The greatest tragedy of this battle for the integration of African Americans and whites was the denial of __________.
(c) The vote.
3. American ___________ gained a hope that they would be able to break the bonds of Jim Crow Laws.
4. The ________ was required to industrialize, developing economic power, improving medical care, etc.
5. What were some groups training as they didn't quite believe that nonviolence would be able to work?
(a) Bomb building.
(c) Language skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. The students broke __________ laws, accepting that there were penalties to pay for doing so, and accepting these penalties willingly.
2. Dr. King compared the struggled of the Civil Rights movement to the struggle of the ____________ movement.
3. The plans for the future, said Dr. King, involve the removal of blockage, not pouring _________ over the troubled waters in order to calm them.
4. __________ of unions would grow as the African American received the vote, according to the logic of Dr. King.
5. The historic ________ ruling of the Supreme Court was nullified by the actions of the local and state governmental authorities.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)