|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I See the Promised Land | Letter from Birmingham CityJail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Southern __________ continued to fight against the civil rights measures and bills being put before them.
2. The greatest moral dilemma was that in order to remain true to the gospel of Jesus, ministers needed to take a stand against __________.
3. Dr. King wanted to point out that: "Injustice anywhere is a threat to ___________ everywhere."
4. ___________ not only harms one physically, but it injures one spiritually, according to Dr. King.
5. America was fortunate, Dr. King said, that the strength of African American protesters was tempered by a sense of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. King believed the commitment to nonviolence would prevent an increase of ___________ in society.
2. Dr. King believed that unselfishly giving of themselves would help to develop a powerful ___________.
3. The white power structure perpetuated the __________ that African Americans were moving too fast.
4. Economic power was available, according to Dr. King, to those who _____________ in this time of the world.
5. Dr. King asked people around him to pray for peace and justice in the world as the Civil Rights movement was a __________ movement as well.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)