|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I See the Promised Land | Letter from Birmingham CityJail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The greatest moral dilemma was that in order to remain true to the gospel of Jesus, ministers needed to take a stand against __________.
2. Token _________ are not satisfactory ends, according to Dr. King and to his writing and his speeches.
3. The nonviolent actions were intended to bring attention to the ______________ affecting the African American population.
(d) Moral wrongs.
4. Even in their poverty, the ___________ of the United States had greater economic power strength than most countries of the world.
(a) African Americans.
5. Southern __________ continued to fight against the civil rights measures and bills being put before them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Economic power was available, according to Dr. King, to those who _____________ in this time of the world.
2. One extreme of the movement was to use Black Power to overthrow the ________________ and the whites.
3. America was fortunate, Dr. King said, that the strength of African American protesters was tempered by a sense of _____________.
4. Dr. King asked people around him to pray for peace and justice in the world as the Civil Rights movement was a __________ movement as well.
5. ___________ not only harms one physically, but it injures one spiritually, according to Dr. King.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)