|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I See the Promised Land | Letter from Birmingham CityJail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nonviolent actions were intended to bring attention to the ______________ affecting the African American population.
(a) Moral wrongs.
2. Economic power was available, according to Dr. King, to those who _____________ in this time of the world.
3. The United States had become an international power that was unable to enforce even _______________ in a Southern village.
(a) Elementary law.
(c) The Constitution.
(d) Civil rights.
4. America was fortunate, Dr. King said, that the strength of African American protesters was tempered by a sense of _____________.
5. One extreme of the movement was to use Black Power to overthrow the ________________ and the whites.
(d) Nonviolent protesters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the African Americans allowed to sit when they took a bus to get somewhere?
2. Even in their poverty, the ___________ of the United States had greater economic power strength than most countries of the world.
3. What would have happened if African American people refused to give up their seats to a white person?
4. Dr. King wanted to point out that: "Injustice anywhere is a threat to ___________ everywhere."
5. Southern __________ continued to fight against the civil rights measures and bills being put before them.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)