|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I See the Promised Land | Letter from Birmingham CityJail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The white power structure perpetuated the __________ that African Americans were moving too fast.
2. Where were the African Americans allowed to sit when they took a bus to get somewhere?
(b) Hanging from the side.
3. Dr. King wanted to point out that: "Injustice anywhere is a threat to ___________ everywhere."
4. Token _________ are not satisfactory ends, according to Dr. King and to his writing and his speeches.
5. What would have happened if African American people refused to give up their seats to a white person?
(a) They were arrested.
(b) They were ignored.
(c) They were removed from the bus.
(d) They were killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Southern __________ continued to fight against the civil rights measures and bills being put before them.
2. America was fortunate, Dr. King said, that the strength of African American protesters was tempered by a sense of _____________.
3. There was an obligation to ensure that all __________________ participated in the enforcement and creative innovations freeing all citizens.
4. The greatest moral dilemma was that in order to remain true to the gospel of Jesus, ministers needed to take a stand against __________.
5. One extreme of the movement was to use Black Power to overthrow the ________________ and the whites.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)