|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should people do with their extra money, once they earn more per month than they spend?
2. People should have enough savings to cover expenses for how long?
3. What is the crossover point?
4. What are 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
5. Participants should always remain conscious of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do many people try to get from other jobs, other than a paycheck?
2. Describe the nature of 101 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
3. What is a "cushion?" What are the advantages of having a cushion?
4. What will participants inevitably end up doing if they strive to maximize income and minimize expenses? As a result, what should they do next?
5. What job-hunting advice is included in the book?
6. Why are most people happier when their jobs are not related to their passions?
7. What is ONE SURE WAY TO SAVE MONEY?
8. What are 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
9. How should investment income be tracked on the wall chart? What is the significance of this number?
10. What is the difference between the word "frugal" and the Spanish word "aprovechar?" Which do the authors prefer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do the authors encourage program participants to calculate their real wage? Based on real wage, why should people sometimes consider changing to a lower-paying job? How does this jibe with the authors' advice elsewhere in the book, to maximize income?
Essay Topic 2
At what point do the authors ask program participants to invest money in order to earn investment income? How should investment income be tracked? How should it be used to lead to financial security or fulfillment?
Essay Topic 3
Expand upon the authors' comparison between budgeting and dieting. Why are honest record-keeping and frugality better tools for managing finances than a budget? What terms would parallel record keeping and frugality, in terms of managing food intake?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)