|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should investment income be tracked?
2. How do most people define work?
3. What is the meaning of the Spanish word, "aprovechar?"
4. What do the authors warn job-hunters to avoid?
5. What is the best thing to do with the interest received?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do many people try to get from other jobs, other than a paycheck?
2. Summarize the 10 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
3. Why do volunteers often feel more fulfilled than ever before?
4. How is Step 8 completed? What does it allow program participants to do?
5. What job-hunting advice is included in the book?
6. Describe the nature of 101 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
7. How should investment income be tracked on the wall chart? What is the significance of this number?
8. Why are most people happier when their jobs are not related to their passions?
9. What is the difference between the word "frugal" and the Spanish word "aprovechar?" Which do the authors prefer?
10. What are the advantages of predicting when the crossover point will occur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As expressed by the authors in Chapter 9, what impact would their financial program have on culture, living conditions, the environment, and the economy, if most people followed it? Describe their predictions in detail, referring also to their descriptions in Chapter 1 of ways in which most Americans' current lifestyle is harmful to our culture, living conditions, the environment, and the economy.
Essay Topic 2
Expand upon the authors' comparison between budgeting and dieting. Why are honest record-keeping and frugality better tools for managing finances than a budget? What terms would parallel record keeping and frugality, in terms of managing food intake?
Essay Topic 3
The authors express displeasure with each of the following concepts: business as usual; over-consumption; keeping up with neighbors; the rat race; and clutter. Choose one concept and analyze why the item causes problems for individuals, for society, and for the planet.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)