|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A line should be drawn connecting the current month's income to what?
2. What is Step 6?
3. If people invest more money each month, what happens to the monthly interest?
4. What is the crossover point?
5. What are some good alternatives to buying what is needed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it unwise to seek employment in an area involving a person's passion?
2. Describe the nature of 101 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
3. How do peoples' words cause them to identify themselves personally with their jobs? Why is this a problem?
4. What are 1,000,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
5. How should investment income be tracked on the wall chart? What is the significance of this number?
6. Describe the process of creating the wall chart.
7. What will participants inevitably end up doing if they strive to maximize income and minimize expenses? As a result, what should they do next?
8. Why are most people happier when their jobs are not related to their passions?
9. What do many people try to get from other jobs, other than a paycheck?
10. What is ONE SURE WAY TO SAVE MONEY?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The authors express displeasure with each of the following concepts: business as usual; over-consumption; keeping up with neighbors; the rat race; and clutter. Choose one concept and analyze why the item causes problems for individuals, for society, and for the planet.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the authors encourage program participants to calculate their real wage? Based on real wage, why should people sometimes consider changing to a lower-paying job? How does this jibe with the authors' advice elsewhere in the book, to maximize income?
Essay Topic 3
At what point do the authors ask program participants to invest money in order to earn investment income? How should investment income be tracked? How should it be used to lead to financial security or fulfillment?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)