|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A person's crossover point is an estimate based on which type of expenses?
2. When can program participants consider retirement?
3. The crossover point is based on what?
4. What should people be willing to do?
5. What encourages family, friends, and neighbors to support the participant's goals in following this program?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are most people happier when their jobs are not related to their passions?
2. Summarize the 10 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
3. What are a person's options, once he reaches his crossover point?
4. What is a "cushion?" What are the advantages of having a cushion?
5. What are 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
6. What are the advantages of predicting when the crossover point will occur?
7. Describe the process of creating the wall chart.
8. What do many people try to get from other jobs, other than a paycheck?
9. What is Step 7? What are the advantages of following this step?
10. How do peoples' words cause them to identify themselves personally with their jobs? Why is this a problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If program participants genuinely have no sense of their own passion or life purpose, what advice do the authors offer as paths to insight? How can people be of service, meanwhile, if they have not yet determined their life purpose?
Essay Topic 2
What does a person's financial independence have to do with their life purpose? Does fulfillment come from financial independence or from attending to a life purpose? How do the authors' three questions, listed in Chapter 4, help participants to achieve financial independence and connect with their life purpose?
Essay Topic 3
What is the authors' view of work vs. personal identity? How can subtle shifts in language and attitude change a person's perspective, regarding what constitutes work? Why should security, tradition, enjoyment, duty, prestige, status, power, or social opportunities be sought after away from a person's work environment?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)