Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most people define work?
2. Participants should always remain conscious of what?
3. A person's crossover point is an estimate based on which type of expenses?
4. What can cause some people to stop buying any extras at all, after starting to use the wall chart?
5. What is the main pitfall of combining work with true passion or enjoyment?
Essay Topic 1
As expressed by the authors in Chapter 9, what impact would their financial program have on culture, living conditions, the environment, and the economy, if most people followed it? Describe their predictions in detail, referring also to their descriptions in Chapter 1 of ways in which most Americans' current lifestyle is harmful to our culture, living conditions, the environment, and the economy.
Essay Topic 2
The authors express displeasure with each of the following concepts: business as usual; over-consumption; keeping up with neighbors; the rat race; and clutter. Choose one concept and analyze why the item causes problems for individuals, for society, and for the planet.
Essay Topic 3
What is inflation? Why are retired people largely inflation-proof, according to the authors? What strategies can anyone use, whether retired or not, to avoid the effects of inflation?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)