|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The top number on the y-axis should be at least how large?
2. How does eating a proper diet make sense financially?
3. What may reaching the crossover point cause participants to do?
4. What is the meaning of the Spanish word, "aprovechar?"
5. When can program participants consider retirement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Step 7? What are the advantages of following this step?
2. Why do volunteers often feel more fulfilled than ever before?
3. How is Step 8 completed? What does it allow program participants to do?
4. What is a "cushion?" What are the advantages of having a cushion?
5. Describe the process of creating the wall chart.
6. How do peoples' words cause them to identify themselves personally with their jobs? Why is this a problem?
7. Describe the nature of 101 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
8. What are 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
9. What do many people try to get from other jobs, other than a paycheck?
10. Why are most people happier when their jobs are not related to their passions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Expand upon the authors' comparison between budgeting and dieting. Why are honest record-keeping and frugality better tools for managing finances than a budget? What terms would parallel record keeping and frugality, in terms of managing food intake?
Essay Topic 2
If program participants genuinely have no sense of their own passion or life purpose, what advice do the authors offer as paths to insight? How can people be of service, meanwhile, if they have not yet determined their life purpose?
Essay Topic 3
As expressed by the authors in Chapter 9, what impact would their financial program have on culture, living conditions, the environment, and the economy, if most people followed it? Describe their predictions in detail, referring also to their descriptions in Chapter 1 of ways in which most Americans' current lifestyle is harmful to our culture, living conditions, the environment, and the economy.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)