|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each person has only a limited amount of what?
2. What is one of the main economic principles most businesses follow?
3. What causes emptiness?
4. What do the authors suggest that people divide their spending into?
5. What should the amount started with at the beginning of the month, plus total income, minus total expenses equal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the authors compare budgeting with dieting?
2. What is the final part of Step 3? How is this accomplished?
3. What should program participants do about their smaller, sometimes overlooked miscellaneous expenses?
4. What perspective of money do the authors endorse? Why?
5. What is the first part of Step 2? How is this accomplished?
6. What is the first part of Step 1? What is its purpose?
7. Why is Step 4 considered the heart of the program?
8. What are people's dreams good clues to?
9. What do the two parts of Step 2 allow program participants to track?
10. For Step 4, what is the third question program participants should ask, regarding every expense on their chart? What does this question prompt people to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After determining how much money they have ever made and after determining net worth, why do some program participants feel guilty? What advice do the authors offer, for overcoming this guilt? List at least three ways in which success in the financial program would offset guilt.
Essay Topic 2
What does a person's financial independence have to do with their life purpose? Does fulfillment come from financial independence or from attending to a life purpose? How do the authors' three questions, listed in Chapter 4, help participants to achieve financial independence and connect with their life purpose?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between a cushion and a cache? Is one more desirable than the other is? Which will a program participant obtain first?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)