|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an important aspect of the second half of Step 2?
2. What determines mastery of Step 3?
3. What can help people determine what they value?
4. According to many Americans, what is considered a sin?
5. What do the authors suggest that people divide their spending into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the process of creating the wall chart.
2. What is the difference between the word "frugal" and the Spanish word "aprovechar?" Which do the authors prefer?
3. Summarize the 10 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
4. What happens for most people, after using the wall chart for a while?
5. What are some problems associated with "business as usual?"
6. Why is Step 4 considered the heart of the program?
7. What are 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
8. What is Step 7? What are the advantages of following this step?
9. Whenever people spend money, what more valuable commodity are they also spending?
10. What is the second common investment myth that the authors wish to dispel?
Essay Topic 1
Why do the authors encourage program participants to calculate their real wage? Based on real wage, why should people sometimes consider changing to a lower-paying job? How does this jibe with the authors' advice elsewhere in the book, to maximize income?
Essay Topic 2
Expand upon one of the following items:
- How to divide time between work and play; life energy; fulfillment; or real hours worked.
- How is this item best integrated into people's lives?
- How does management of the item help people to achieve a better life or achieve financial independence?
- How does it relate to the overall message of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why should people try their best to get out of debt, when credit cards are readily available? Why should people save a six-month cushion? What is the real meaning of financial independence?
This section contains 1,576 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)