|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people earn money by trading?
2. Why should people ask themselves how they can help others to avoid pain they have experienced?
3. Why do many people give up time with family, working on hobbies, and fulfilling dreams?
4. How is a real hourly wage figured?
5. What will eventually run out?
Short Essay Questions
1. For Step 4, what is the third question program participants should ask, regarding every expense on their chart? What does this question prompt people to do?
2. Why does the result from the first part of Step 2 sometimes prompt participants to seek a lower-paying job?
3. What is the final part of Step 3? How is this accomplished?
4. What should program participants do about their smaller, sometimes overlooked miscellaneous expenses?
5. Why do many people give up on their dreams early in life?
6. What are some problems associated with "business as usual?"
7. Where does the "rat race" come from?
8. Compare a person's typical response to a long-term threat with the typical response to an immediate threat.
9. What happens when businesses operate according to the theory that "growth is good?"
10. What is the first part of Step 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As expressed by the authors in Chapter 9, what impact would their financial program have on culture, living conditions, the environment, and the economy, if most people followed it? Describe their predictions in detail, referring also to their descriptions in Chapter 1 of ways in which most Americans' current lifestyle is harmful to our culture, living conditions, the environment, and the economy.
Essay Topic 2
Expand upon one of the following items:
- How to divide time between work and play; life energy; fulfillment; or real hours worked.
- How is this item best integrated into people's lives?
- How does management of the item help people to achieve a better life or achieve financial independence?
- How does it relate to the overall message of the book?
Essay Topic 3
If program participants genuinely have no sense of their own passion or life purpose, what advice do the authors offer as paths to insight? How can people be of service, meanwhile, if they have not yet determined their life purpose?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)