|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are expensive convenience foods considered to be a work expense?
2. Why do many people give up on their dreams?
3. People strive to buy and earn more than they need to live at the peak of their fulfillment curve due to which perspective of money?
4. What is the purpose of dividing income and expenses into categories?
5. What is budgeting similar to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the not-so-obvious expenses related to a person's work?
2. How does the protestant work ethic influence the behavior of many Americans?
3. How should program participants use the charts at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What are people's dreams good clues to?
5. For Step 4, what is the first question program participants should ask, regarding every expense on their chart? How does the chart answer the question?
6. How do the authors compare budgeting with dieting?
7. What is the second half of Step 2? What are the most important aspects of this exercise?
8. What is the final part of Step 3? How is this accomplished?
9. What are the three perspectives of money the authors ask program participants to reject? Include brief descriptions.
10. Whenever people spend money, what more valuable commodity are they also spending?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At what point do the authors ask program participants to invest money in order to earn investment income? How should investment income be tracked? How should it be used to lead to financial security or fulfillment?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between a cushion and a cache? Is one more desirable than the other is? Which will a program participant obtain first?
Essay Topic 3
Expand upon one of the following items:
- How to divide time between work and play; life energy; fulfillment; or real hours worked.
- How is this item best integrated into people's lives?
- How does management of the item help people to achieve a better life or achieve financial independence?
- How does it relate to the overall message of the book?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)