|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Earning, saving, and spending money are part of which perspective?
2. What broad category are alcohol and tobacco subcategories of?
3. How many perspectives of money are there?
4. What three columns should record-keeping include?
5. What have many people been told by parents and guidance counselors?
Short Essay Questions
1. For Step 4, what is the third question program participants should ask, regarding every expense on their chart? What does this question prompt people to do?
2. How do the authors compare budgeting with dieting?
3. What is the first part of Step 2? How is this accomplished?
4. What happens when businesses operate according to the theory that "growth is good?"
5. What should program participants do about their smaller, sometimes overlooked miscellaneous expenses?
6. What is the first part of Step 3?
7. Compare a person's typical response to a long-term threat with the typical response to an immediate threat.
8. What is the second half of Step 2? What are the most important aspects of this exercise?
9. How does our consumption hurt the environment?
10. Why do many people give up on their dreams early in life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between a cushion and a cache? Is one more desirable than the other is? Which will a program participant obtain first?
Essay Topic 2
If program participants genuinely have no sense of their own passion or life purpose, what advice do the authors offer as paths to insight? How can people be of service, meanwhile, if they have not yet determined their life purpose?
Essay Topic 3
The authors express displeasure with each of the following concepts: business as usual; over-consumption; keeping up with neighbors; the rat race; and clutter. Choose one concept and analyze why the item causes problems for individuals, for society, and for the planet.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)