|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should be included in the "miscellaneous" category?
2. What is a possible advantage of switching to a lower-paying job?
3. Why do many people give up on their dreams?
4. How many perspectives of money are there?
5. What broad category are alcohol and tobacco subcategories of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are people's dreams good clues to?
2. What are the advantages of predicting when the crossover point will occur?
3. What is the second part of Step 1? What attitude should participants try to maintain when they see their result?
4. Where does the "rat race" come from?
5. What are some of the not-so-obvious expenses related to a person's work?
6. What job-hunting advice is included in the book?
7. What is the second common investment myth that the authors wish to dispel?
8. Why is it unwise to seek employment in an area involving a person's passion?
9. For Step 4, what is the first question program participants should ask, regarding every expense on their chart? How does the chart answer the question?
10. Why are most people happier when their jobs are not related to their passions?
Essay Topic 1
Expand upon one of the following items:
- How to divide time between work and play; life energy; fulfillment; or real hours worked.
- How is this item best integrated into people's lives?
- How does management of the item help people to achieve a better life or achieve financial independence?
- How does it relate to the overall message of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Expand upon the authors' comparison between budgeting and dieting. Why are honest record-keeping and frugality better tools for managing finances than a budget? What terms would parallel record keeping and frugality, in terms of managing food intake?
Essay Topic 3
At what point do the authors ask program participants to invest money in order to earn investment income? How should investment income be tracked? How should it be used to lead to financial security or fulfillment?
This section contains 1,691 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)