|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two addictions are compared in Chapter 3?
2. What is the intrinsic value of money?
3. What is a possible advantage of switching to a lower-paying job?
4. Attitude toward buying groceries is part of which perspective of money?
5. What are dreams good clues to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should program participants use the charts at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Compare a person's typical response to a long-term threat with the typical response to an immediate threat.
3. What is the second half of Step 2? What are the most important aspects of this exercise?
4. What are people's dreams good clues to?
5. For Step 4, what is the second question program participants should ask, regarding every expense on their chart? What is required, before answering this question?
6. How do the authors compare budgeting with dieting?
7. What is the final part of Step 3? How is this accomplished?
8. Whenever people spend money, what more valuable commodity are they also spending?
9. For Step 4, what is the first question program participants should ask, regarding every expense on their chart? How does the chart answer the question?
10. What are some examples of recreational expense categories?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Expand upon the authors' comparison between budgeting and dieting. Why are honest record-keeping and frugality better tools for managing finances than a budget? What terms would parallel record keeping and frugality, in terms of managing food intake?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the psychological impact of the financial wall chart. Consider the implications involved with displaying the chart where all visitors can see it, the burden of tracking every penny earned or spent, the urgency or lack of urgency created by a five- to seven-year time frame, and emotional responses to acknowledging past spending habits.
Essay Topic 3
Why should people pursue their passion away from work, as a volunteer, hobbyist, or advocate? What pitfalls exist for people who earn a living from what they are passionate about?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)