|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can help people determine what they value?
2. How is a real hourly wage figured?
3. What do advertisements teach Americans?
4. What should participants do if the answer to Question 2 is "no" for a particular item?
5. What is a possible advantage of switching to a lower-paying job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the result from the first part of Step 2 sometimes prompt participants to seek a lower-paying job?
2. What is the first part of Step 2? How is this accomplished?
3. What perspective of money do the authors endorse? Why?
4. What are people's dreams good clues to?
5. Why is it beneficial to be specific with categories, rather than more general?
6. How does our consumption hurt the environment?
7. How should program participants use the charts at the end of Chapter 3?
8. What should program participants do about their smaller, sometimes overlooked miscellaneous expenses?
9. What are some problems associated with "business as usual?"
10. What is the second part of Step 1? What attitude should participants try to maintain when they see their result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does a person's financial independence have to do with their life purpose? Does fulfillment come from financial independence or from attending to a life purpose? How do the authors' three questions, listed in Chapter 4, help participants to achieve financial independence and connect with their life purpose?
Essay Topic 2
According to the authors, why does money have no intrinsic value? What are the four perspectives of money? Which perspectives do the authors reject? Why? Which perspective do the authors advocate? Why?
Essay Topic 3
At what point do the authors ask program participants to invest money in order to earn investment income? How should investment income be tracked? How should it be used to lead to financial security or fulfillment?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)