Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an important aspect of the second half of Step 2?
2. What determines mastery of Step 3?
3. What can help people determine what they value?
4. According to many Americans, what is considered a sin?
5. What do the authors suggest that people divide their spending into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the process of creating the wall chart.
2. What is the difference between the word "frugal" and the Spanish word "aprovechar?" Which do the authors prefer?
3. Summarize the 10 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
4. What happens for most people, after using the wall chart for a while?
5. What are some problems associated with "business as usual?"
6. Why is Step 4 considered the heart of the program?
7. What are 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
8. What is Step 7? What are the advantages of following this step?
9. Whenever people spend money, what more valuable commodity are they also spending?
10. What is the second common investment myth that the authors wish to dispel?
Essay Topic 1
If program participants genuinely have no sense of their own passion or life purpose, what advice do the authors offer as paths to insight? How can people be of service, meanwhile, if they have not yet determined their life purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the psychological impact of the financial wall chart. Consider the implications involved with displaying the chart where all visitors can see it, the burden of tracking every penny earned or spent, the urgency or lack of urgency created by a five- to seven-year time frame, and emotional responses to acknowledging past spending habits.
Essay Topic 3
What, according to the authors, is the difference between frugality and aprovechar? Are there some tips for saving money in the book that few people would be likely to follow? (For example, would most people ever consider selling their home and moving into a motor home, in order to save money?)
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)