|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one sure way to save money?
(a) Find a higher-paying job.
(b) Retire early.
(c) Find alternative housing.
(d) Stop trying to impress other people.
2. The top number on the y-axis should be at least how large?
(a) Three times as large as the participant's expected income.
(b) Equal to the participant's expected income.
(c) Twice as large as the participant's expected income.
(d) Twice as large as the participant's expected expenses.
3. What do the authors describe as "having a high joy-to-stuff ratio?"
(a) Life energy.
(d) Being frugal.
4. In the 101 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY section, what do the authors advise people to do in order to save on housing?
(a) Consider non-traditional housing.
(b) Buy and manage multiple rental properties.
(c) Avoid non-traditional housing.
(d) Buy a larger home as a hedge against inflation.
5. How does eating a proper diet make sense financially?
(a) Eating three meals a day saves money.
(b) Eating less saves money.
(c) Eating good foods can prevent illnesses and reduce medical costs.
(d) Losing weight means no money spent on gym memberships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two tips for reducing transportation expenses?
2. What is the meaning of the Spanish word, "aprovechar?"
3. The numbers along the y-axis should increase by what increment?
4. What can cause some people to stop buying any extras at all, after starting to use the wall chart?
5. Why should people try not to turn their job into an identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the word "frugal" and the Spanish word "aprovechar?" Which do the authors prefer?
2. What span of time should the wall chart cover? Why?
3. Why do volunteers often feel more fulfilled than ever before?
4. What job-hunting advice is included in the book?
5. What will participants inevitably end up doing if they strive to maximize income and minimize expenses? As a result, what should they do next?
6. How is Step 8 completed? What does it allow program participants to do?
7. What are 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
8. What is ONE SURE WAY TO SAVE MONEY?
9. Why is it unwise to seek employment in an area involving a person's passion?
10. Why are most people happier when their jobs are not related to their passions?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)