|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Taking care of possessions and avoiding shopping are part of which list?
(a) 10 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
(b) 101 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
(c) 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
(d) 3 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
2. If people stop buying any extras at all, what are they in danger of doing?
(a) Losing life energy.
(b) Buying twice as much the following month.
(c) Returning to their old habits.
(d) Running out of room on the wall chart.
3. What is the main pitfall of combining work with true passion or enjoyment?
(a) Passion doesn't always make up for lack of talent.
(b) Enjoyment goes against the puritan work ethic.
(c) Having to compromise in order to satisfy someone else.
(d) Enjoyable jobs don't command respect.
4. What should people do with their extra money, once they earn more per month than they spend?
(a) Work fewer hours per week.
(c) Purchase a long-desired luxury.
(d) Turn it into an interest-bearing investment.
5. Why do people feel very free when volunteering?
(a) Volunteering can lead to job offers.
(b) Volunteer work is unpaid.
(c) Because they do not have to be there, and can do things their way.
(d) Volunteering requires no skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prestige, status, and power can be reasons for what?
2. Paying attention to every thought and deciding whether to act on each thought is crucial to what?
3. What should participants do if they don't make a living from their passion?
4. Statistically, how many Americans are overweight?
5. What should people do about unusual extra expenses, such as medical bills or birthday parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should the wall chart be displayed where participants can view it easily?
2. What is Step 7? What are the advantages of following this step?
3. What is the difference between the word "frugal" and the Spanish word "aprovechar?" Which do the authors prefer?
4. How do peoples' words cause them to identify themselves personally with their jobs? Why is this a problem?
5. Why is it unwise to seek employment in an area involving a person's passion?
6. Describe the nature of 101 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
7. How far away from homelessness are most Americans?
8. Summarize the 10 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
9. Describe the process of creating the wall chart.
10. What is a "cushion?" What are the advantages of having a cushion?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)