|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the recommended size of the wall chart?
(a) From 18 to 22 inches wide, and from 24 to 36 inches tall.
(b) From 18 to 24 inches wide, and from 22 to 36 inches tall.
(c) From 18 to 22 inches tall, and from 24 to 36 inches wide.
(d) From 18 to 24 inches tall, and from 22 to 36 inches wide.
2. Most of the 101 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY have what added benefit?
(a) They increase hourly wage.
(b) They delay retirement.
(c) They are good for the planet.
(d) They improve career options.
3. If "work" is different from "paid employment," then which of the following is true?
(a) Work includes anything people do to provide a service, including cleaning the house.
(b) Volunteer jobs are not work.
(c) Retirement is the absence of work.
(d) Cleaning is only work when it's done by a paid professional.
4. What may reaching the crossover point cause participants to do?
(a) Increase spending.
(b) Continue working or choose a new job.
(c) Explore other routes to work.
(d) Start a new wall chart.
5. Paying attention to every thought and deciding whether to act on each thought is crucial to what?
(b) 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
(c) 1,000,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
(d) Life energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should participants do if they don't make a living from their passion?
2. What generally happens to monthly expenses, when tracked by program participants?
3. What is a major advantage of separating employment from passion?
4. What is one advantage of estimating the likely timing of the crossover point?
5. What should retired people do with their excess monthly income?
Short Essay Questions
1. How far away from homelessness are most Americans?
2. What do many people try to get from other jobs, other than a paycheck?
3. How do peoples' words cause them to identify themselves personally with their jobs? Why is this a problem?
4. What is ONE SURE WAY TO SAVE MONEY?
5. What span of time should the wall chart cover? Why?
6. Summarize the 10 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
7. How is Step 8 completed? What does it allow program participants to do?
8. How should investment income be tracked on the wall chart? What is the significance of this number?
9. Why do volunteers often feel more fulfilled than ever before?
10. What is the difference between the word "frugal" and the Spanish word "aprovechar?" Which do the authors prefer?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)