|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Step 8 of the program?
(a) Estimate when the crossover point will take place.
(b) Track investment income.
(d) Further reduce monthly expenses.
2. A line should be drawn connecting the current month's income to what?
(a) The previous month's income.
(b) The previous year's income.
(c) The previous month's expenses.
(d) The current month's expenses.
3. Why should people try not to turn their job into an identity?
(a) Changing careers could cause an identity crisis.
(b) Identity comes from friends and family.
(c) Only volunteerism creates an identy.
(d) So that their lives could be about something different.
4. Monthly investment income is calculated by determining current excess money each month, then doing what?
(a) Multiplying it by the current short-term interest rate for U.S. Treasury bonds, then multiplying by 12.
(b) Multiplying it by the current long-term interest rate for U.S. Treasury bonds, then dividing by 12.
(c) Multiplying it by the current long-term interest rate for U.S. Treasury bonds, then multiplying by 12.
(d) Multiplying it by the current short-term interest rate for U.S. Treasury bonds, then dividing by 12.
5. What is the best method of choosing which expenses to reduce or eliminate?
(a) Add up the plusses and minuses on the monthly chart.
(b) Use answers to the three questions from Chapter 4.
(c) Compare income to expenses on the wall chart.
(d) Use answers to the three questions from Chapter 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. The top number on the y-axis should be at least how large?
2. How does the realization that not all work is paid add life to retirement?
3. What can cause some people to stop buying any extras at all, after starting to use the wall chart?
4. Taking care of possessions and avoiding shopping are part of which list?
5. Where do the authors recommend finding job-hunting advice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do volunteers often feel more fulfilled than ever before?
2. How do peoples' words cause them to identify themselves personally with their jobs? Why is this a problem?
3. What is a "cushion?" What are the advantages of having a cushion?
4. Why are most people happier when their jobs are not related to their passions?
5. What will participants inevitably end up doing if they strive to maximize income and minimize expenses? As a result, what should they do next?
6. What are 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
7. How is Step 8 completed? What does it allow program participants to do?
8. What is the difference between the word "frugal" and the Spanish word "aprovechar?" Which do the authors prefer?
9. What job-hunting advice is included in the book?
10. What are 1,000,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)