|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of useful life objects could people add if they were not so anxious to replace them?
(a) Fifty to eighty percent.
(b) Ten percent.
(c) One hundred percent.
(d) Twenty to fifty percent.
2. The crossover point is based on what?
(a) The wall chart.
(b) Traffic patterns during work commute.
(c) The decision to earn more money.
(d) The transition from an enjoyable job to a well-paying job.
3. What is a major advantage of separating employment from passion?
(a) Passion won't be used as a substitute for experience.
(b) A greater variety of employment options becomes available.
(c) Jobs that do not inspire passion usually pay more.
(d) It is better to remove emotion from gainful employment.
4. What is Step 6?
(a) Minimizing spending.
(b) Determining net worth.
(c) Creating a wall chart.
(d) Planning for retirement.
5. The wall chart should accommodate data for how long?
(a) Five to seven months.
(b) Seven to ten years.
(c) Until retirement.
(d) Five to seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. If "work" is different from "paid employment," then which of the following is true?
2. The wall chart's time span is a rough deadline for what?
3. What should be repeatedly placed along the x-axis of the wall chart?
4. A line should be drawn connecting the current month's income to what?
5. What is the best method of choosing which expenses to reduce or eliminate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job-hunting advice is included in the book?
2. What are 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
3. How should investment income be tracked on the wall chart? What is the significance of this number?
4. Why do volunteers often feel more fulfilled than ever before?
5. What is a "cushion?" What are the advantages of having a cushion?
6. What are 1,000,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
7. Why is it unwise to seek employment in an area involving a person's passion?
8. How do peoples' words cause them to identify themselves personally with their jobs? Why is this a problem?
9. Why are most people happier when their jobs are not related to their passions?
10. What is the difference between the word "frugal" and the Spanish word "aprovechar?" Which do the authors prefer?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)