|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should frugal people research before purchasing items?
(a) Popularity, quality, durability, and multiple use.
(b) Value, quality, and availability.
(c) Color, style, and multiple use.
(d) Value, quality, durability, and multiple use.
2. Prestige, status, and power can be reasons for what?
(a) Keeping up with the neighbors.
(b) Retaining life energy.
(c) Choosing a certain job.
(d) Early retirement.
3. What mistake do people often make, when describing their jobs?
(a) Playing down their true talents.
(b) Revealing annual income.
(c) Saying uncomplimentary things about thier supervisors.
(d) Identifying themselves by their careers.
4. If people invest more money each month, what happens to the monthly interest?
(a) The interest decreases each month.
(b) The interest increases each month.
(c) The interest becomes tax-deductible.
(d) The interest must be withdrawn from the account.
5. What usually happens after a person retires from their job?
(a) Expenses go up.
(b) Expenses and income stay about the same.
(c) Expenses go down.
(d) Income goes up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should investment income be tracked?
2. How should program participants adjust their medical insurance?
3. What is the main pitfall of combining work with true passion or enjoyment?
4. If people earn more than the minimum needed to pay bills, what should they do with the extra money?
5. Which of the following is the one and only thing that a job should be about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are most people happier when their jobs are not related to their passions?
2. How should investment income be tracked on the wall chart? What is the significance of this number?
3. What are a person's options, once he reaches his crossover point?
4. What span of time should the wall chart cover? Why?
5. What do many people try to get from other jobs, other than a paycheck?
6. How far away from homelessness are most Americans?
7. What is the difference between the word "frugal" and the Spanish word "aprovechar?" Which do the authors prefer?
8. Describe the process of creating the wall chart.
9. How do peoples' words cause them to identify themselves personally with their jobs? Why is this a problem?
10. What are 1,001 SURE WAYS TO SAVE MONEY?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)