|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Question 1 is answered with a plus sign under what circumstance?
(a) If the expenditure was a necessity.
(b) If the purchase was work-related.
(c) If income is greater than expenses for the month.
(d) If the expenditure was worth the life energy spent.
2. In Question 2, what must participants ask if each expenditure is in alignment with?
(a) Family needs.
(b) Their values and life purpose.
(c) Hours spent at work.
(d) Statistical norms.
3. Some people reach the top of their profession and make good money, yet are still not what?
4. Why should clothing be broken down into smaller categories, such as informal, work, sports, etc.?
(a) To encourage participation in sports.
(b) To avoid purchases that are worn only once.
(c) To allow for a greater volume of work-related purchases.
(d) To encourage donations of older clothes to charity.
5. According to many Americans, what is considered a sin?
(a) Working too much.
(b) Just sitting around and enjoying life.
(c) Spending too much.
(d) Buying low, selling high.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Step 1, Part 1 of the program?
2. What is the term for the unnecessary things, activities, and noise in our lives?
3. What is an important aspect of the second half of Step 2?
4. What must people do in order to make Step 3 work?
5. What attitude do the authors want readers to carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "cushion?" What are the advantages of having a cushion?
2. What do many people try to get from other jobs, other than a paycheck?
3. What is the first common investment myth that the authors wish to dispel?
4. How does the protestant work ethic influence the behavior of many Americans?
5. What is cache and what can a program participant do with it?
6. What is the first part of Step 1? What is its purpose?
7. What happens when businesses operate according to the theory that "growth is good?"
8. Why does the result from the first part of Step 2 sometimes prompt participants to seek a lower-paying job?
9. What do the authors recommend as the safest, highest-quality conservative investments? How can people learn more about them?
10. What is Step 7? What are the advantages of following this step?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)