|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most Americans divide their discretionary time equally between what two activities?
(a) Family and friends.
(b) Eating and drinking.
(c) Working and spending.
(d) Leisure and retirement.
2. What will eventually run out?
(a) Job growth.
(b) Time and money.
(c) Social Security.
(d) The earth's resources.
3. What are "gazingus pins?"
(a) Any items the reader has an unreasonable amount of, due to habitual shopping.
(b) Clips to attach spending charts to refrigerators or bulletin boards.
(c) Larger-than-standard pins.
(d) Pins to attach to a spending chart to indicate unnecessary expenses.
4. What do most people claim to value more than money?
(a) Their jobs.
(b) Their talents.
(c) Their lives.
(d) Their health.
5. What is the intrinsic value of money?
(a) Emotional and psychological.
(c) Money has no intrinsic value.
(d) Real hourly wage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often should people total their income and expenses?
2. What is the state of having enough to spend in order to purchase just enough?
3. What attitude do the authors want readers to carry?
4. Which of the following does the emotional and psychological perspective of money include?
5. Why are expensive convenience foods considered to be a work expense?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)