|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will eventually run out?
(a) Job growth.
(b) Time and money.
(c) The earth's resources.
(d) Social Security.
2. For Question 3 under what circumstance would one enter a minus sign on the chart?
(a) If the expense category does not fit with values.
(b) If the expense category will most likely cease after retirement.
(c) If that expense category will most likely be reduced after retirement.
(d) If monthly expenses exceed monthly income.
3. On average, what do Americans have less of than ever before?
4. What are bare necessities, as defined in Chapter 1?
(a) A house and car.
(b) Everything owned by an individual.
(c) Food and water.
(d) All items needed to meet basic physical needs.
5. What are piggy banks and cookie jars examples of?
(a) Places where a person should never keep money.
(b) Savings categories.
(c) Symbols to place next to money-saving items in a monthly chart.
(d) Items too fragile to hold anything but paper money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must people do in order to make Step 3 work?
2. Which perspective is the notion of "keeping up with the neighbors" part of?
3. What attitude do the authors want readers to carry?
4. What should participants do if the answer to Question 2 is "no" for a particular item?
5. Why do many people give up on their dreams?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)