|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the group's Sunday afternoon walk is canceled due to rain, and Burris finds himself alone with Frazier and Castle, of what does Burris accuse Frazier?
2. After the dinner at which Burris and Frazier discuss failed communal societies, where do they hear from Frazier about the "Good Life"?
3. In the part of the debate when they speak about democracy, what weaknesses of this system does Frazier point out?
4. When the group's Sunday afternoon is canceled due to rain, what do Steve and Barbara do instead?
5. In the same discussion about family life, what significant difference between traditional marriage and marriage at Walden Two does Frazier explain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Walden Two's approaches to marriage, child-bearing, child-rearing, and relationships between the sexes.
Essay Topic 2
Burris, Frazier, and Castle are the major players in the story but there are important minor characters. Discuss the role of any three minor characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Walden Two is more a debate on ideologies than it is a novel; therefore the author pays no attention to plot, character and themes. Making reference to specific evidence from the novel, discuss this view.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)