|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the part of the debate when they speak about democracy, what weaknesses of this system does Frazier point out?
2. At the group's Sunday breakfast, how does Barbara's behavior affect Frazier?
3. According to Frazier's explanation of behavior theory, what two contradictory forces occur simultaneously when it is applied?
4. During the Sunday evening debate about behavior control, on what point do Castle and Frazier agree?
5. After the observation of the new arrivals, when Burris questions Frazier about the example of an aggressive adolescent, how does Frazier suggest that this would be handled at Walden Two?
Essay Topic 1
Walden Two was first published in 1948 and revised for a 1967 publication. What is the relevance of the ideas and theories espoused in the novel, relevant to modern life?
Essay Topic 2
Select one of the scenes in which the author involves Castle, Burris, and Frazier in a heated argument. Discuss in detail the contribution made by the selected scene to action, suspense, tension, and conflict or its resolution in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the evolution of the adversarial relationship between Castle and Frazier, and comment on the role played by this relationship in the novel.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)