Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the part of the debate when they speak about democracy, what weaknesses of this system does Frazier point out?
2. At the group's Sunday breakfast, how does Barbara's behavior affect Frazier?
3. According to Frazier's explanation of behavior theory, what two contradictory forces occur simultaneously when it is applied?
4. During the Sunday evening debate about behavior control, on what point do Castle and Frazier agree?
5. After the observation of the new arrivals, when Burris questions Frazier about the example of an aggressive adolescent, how does Frazier suggest that this would be handled at Walden Two?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the novel, the reader is no wiser as to whether Steve will return to Walden Two. Discuss the forces operating in Steve's conflict and discuss whether the author's failure to resolve this conflict is a strength or weakness in the story line.
Essay Topic 2
Walden Two was first published in 1948 and revised for a 1967 publication. What is the relevance of the ideas and theories espoused in the novel, relevant to modern life?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of Frazier, presenting reasons for your portrayal and commenting on this character's impact on the events in the play.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)