|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frazier suggest that the growth of Walden Two will affect farmers in the future?
2. What is the occupation of the housewife?
3. As the debate continues, how do Castle and Frazier differ in their views of democracy?
4. In the discussion about Walden Two's future and the possible impact on farmers, what is Frazier's response to Castle's questions about his ideology?
5. What new kind of control does Frazier add to the Sunday evening debate about behavior control?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frazier's vision for Walden Two?
2. When Castle and Frazier agree that force or threat of force can control behavior, what additions does Frazier make to the discussion?
3. According to Frazier's explanation on the roof, what is the "Good Life"?
4. What conflicting views about life at Walden Two surface for Rogers and Barbara after they have been exposed to some of the practices like education and family life?
5. How does Frazier justify the emphasis on control at Walden Two?
6. While on the roof, how does Frazier counter Castle's claim that life at Walden Two offers no challenge and lacks moral law?
7. Why is Frazier's response to Castle's question about government and politics ironic?
8. How do the views of Castle and Frazier about freedom conflict?
9. After hearing extensive reports from Frazier about the members of Walden Two, what does Burris decide to do?
10. What do the motives of Steve and Barbara suggest about the type of persons that Walden Two might attract?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed critique of Walden Two's system of labor credits and its method of determining who goes into different careers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the view that Walden Two is a vehicle through which Skinner destroys rather than vindicates the validity of alternative or Utopian communities.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Walden Two's approaches to marriage, child-bearing, child-rearing, and relationships between the sexes.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)