|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the same Sunday evening when Castle and Frazier argue about using a science of behavior to control behavior, how does Frazier justify its necessity?
2. Why is Rogers particularly impressed with Walden Two?
3. When the group's Sunday afternoon is canceled due to rain, what do Steve and Barbara do instead?
4. According to Frazier's explanation, what effect has Walden Two's involvement in politics achieved?
5. As Burris returns to his room and meets a housewife nearby, what does he find out from her about Frazier?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the novel, the reader is no wiser as to whether Steve will return to Walden Two. Discuss the forces operating in Steve's conflict and discuss whether the author's failure to resolve this conflict is a strength or weakness in the story line.
Essay Topic 2
Walden Two is more a debate on ideologies than it is a novel; therefore the author pays no attention to plot, character and themes. Making reference to specific evidence from the novel, discuss this view.
Essay Topic 3
Today's audiences have been fed a steady diet of science fiction through cinema, television, and theater. Discuss the pros and cons of the observation that this diet has reduced the impact of "Walden Two" as an example of this genre.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)