|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the part of the debate when they speak about democracy, what weaknesses of this system does Frazier point out?
2. At the group's Sunday breakfast, how does Barbara's behavior affect Frazier?
3. According to Frazier's explanation of behavior theory, what two contradictory forces occur simultaneously when it is applied?
4. During the Sunday evening debate about behavior control, on what point do Castle and Frazier agree?
5. After the observation of the new arrivals, when Burris questions Frazier about the example of an aggressive adolescent, how does Frazier suggest that this would be handled at Walden Two?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail, the evolution of Burris' ideas about Frazier and Walden Two. Comment on whether his decision to return to Walden Two is a credible end to the story.
Essay Topic 2
Walden Two's ideas about education are directly related to Skinner's dissatisfaction with the educational practices of his day. How do the principles and practices in Walden Two's educational system address real weaknesses in modern education?
Essay Topic 3
Burris, Frazier, and Castle are the major players in the story but there are important minor characters. Discuss the role of any three minor characters in the novel.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)