Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the part of the debate when they speak about democracy, what weaknesses of this system does Frazier point out?
2. At the group's Sunday breakfast, how does Barbara's behavior affect Frazier?
3. According to Frazier's explanation of behavior theory, what two contradictory forces occur simultaneously when it is applied?
4. During the Sunday evening debate about behavior control, on what point do Castle and Frazier agree?
5. After the observation of the new arrivals, when Burris questions Frazier about the example of an aggressive adolescent, how does Frazier suggest that this would be handled at Walden Two?
Essay Topic 1
The novel takes place almost exclusively in one setting - the confines of Walden Two. What are the limitations caused by this single setting, and what techniques does the writer use to overcome such limitations?
Essay Topic 2
Today's audiences have been fed a steady diet of science fiction through cinema, television, and theater. Discuss the pros and cons of the observation that this diet has reduced the impact of "Walden Two" as an example of this genre.
Essay Topic 3
The main purpose of Walden Two is the expression of the author's scientific theories about the science of behavior and how it should be used to manage societies. To what extent is this purpose accomplished?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)