|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Frazier relate his theory of behavior?
2. Where do some of the visitors go after Sunday breakfast?
3. How does Frazier suggest that the growth of Walden Two will affect farmers in the future?
4. According to Frazier, what specific attributes does Walden Two have that will prevent its failure?
5. In the discussion about Walden Two's future and the possible impact on farmers, what is Frazier's response to Castle's questions about his ideology?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Frazier's response to Castle's question about government and politics ironic?
2. When Burris and Frazier are alone after rain destroys the group's plan of an afternoon walk, of what does Burris accuse Frazier, and why?
3. How does Walden Two relate to government in the wider society, and what has the method accomplished?
4. What is Frazier's response when Castle questions his belief in democracy?
5. When Burris tries to ask Frazier about communal societies that have failed in the past, how does Frazier respond?
6. When Castle and Frazier agree that force or threat of force can control behavior, what additions does Frazier make to the discussion?
7. What conflicting views about life at Walden Two surface for Rogers and Barbara after they have been exposed to some of the practices like education and family life?
8. How do the views of Castle and Frazier about freedom conflict?
9. What is Frazier's vision for Walden Two?
10. According to Frazier's explanation on the roof, what is the "Good Life"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character sketch of Frazier, presenting reasons for your portrayal and commenting on this character's impact on the events in the play.
Essay Topic 2
The main purpose of Walden Two is the expression of the author's scientific theories about the science of behavior and how it should be used to manage societies. To what extent is this purpose accomplished?
Essay Topic 3
Write a detailed critique of Walden Two's system of labor credits and its method of determining who goes into different careers.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)