|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frazier believe is the cause of Burris' reluctance to embrace the lifestyle of Walden Two?
2. As Burris returns to his room and meets a housewife nearby, what does he find out from her about Frazier?
3. Later in the evening after Burris' investigation, who do Burris, Frazier, and Castle observe?
4. Which one of the visitors fails to understand why anyone would want to live at Walden Two?
5. What literary device is evident in the underlying contradiction between Frazier's comments on power and his own involvement in leading Walden Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evolution of the adversarial relationship between Castle and Frazier, and comment on the role played by this relationship in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The main purpose of Walden Two is the expression of the author's scientific theories about the science of behavior and how it should be used to manage societies. To what extent is this purpose accomplished?
Essay Topic 3
Burris, Frazier, and Castle are the major players in the story but there are important minor characters. Discuss the role of any three minor characters in the novel.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)