|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Nash confused when Castle asks about jealousy as he observes some children leaving from a picnic?
2. Why are all members of Walden Two required to do physical labor?
3. During their first discussion, what does Burris decide to do after the men have spoken about Frazier?
4. Which of the following terms best describes some of the weaknesses that Frazier attributes to the traditional educational system?
5. As the discussions about the educational system come to an end, Castle asks about freedom. Which of the following best describes Frazier's reason for avoiding Castle's questions about freedom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the deficiencies of Walden Two's system of government?
2. Summarize the main features of government and administration at Walden Two.
3. What advertising practices does Walden Two observe?
4. As the novel begins, how does Rogers explain to Burris the need that he and Steve are experiencing?
5. What does the conversation about jealousy give Frazier the opportunity to do, and how do Barbara and Castle respond?
6. After the visit to the schools, what do the visitors discover about child-bearing practices at Walden Two and the advantages of the approach used?
7. What kind of celebration does the group observe after tea on the first day of the visit?
8. What aspects of Walden Two's practices do the visitors observe at dinner?
9. What is the result of the discussion about Frazier and the action that Burris takes?
10. According to Frazier, what are the benefits of the system for organizing work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though Frazier's role as pioneer and leader of Walden Two is beyond question, he is presented throughout the story as an unappealing person. Write an argument in support of this view and suggest reasons why you think the author portrays him in this way.
Essay Topic 2
Walden Two's ideas about education are directly related to Skinner's dissatisfaction with the educational practices of his day. How do the principles and practices in Walden Two's educational system address real weaknesses in modern education?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Walden Two's approaches to marriage, child-bearing, child-rearing, and relationships between the sexes.
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)