Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the older children divided into grades at school?
2. Who is in charge of the nursery visited by the group?
3. How does Frazier respond to Castle's expression of horror at the practices with the children?
4. What further explanation does Frazier give about Walden Two's philosophy regarding emotional expression?
5. As Frazier discusses leisure and boredom, what does he claim about the environment at Walden Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of celebration does the group observe after tea on the first day of the visit?
2. What are some of the feelings about his work that Burris has while being visited by the two men?
3. After the visit to the schools, what do the visitors discover about child-bearing practices at Walden Two and the advantages of the approach used?
4. As he seeks verification of the happiness of Walden Two's members, what groups does Burris encounter and what does he conclude?
5. What three examples does Frazier give of methods used to teach children ethical behavior?
6. When Frazier, Burris, and Castle take a walk outside and see a group arriving, what information is given about the growth of the community?
7. While on the roof, how does Frazier counter Castle's claim that life at Walden Two offers no challenge and lacks moral law?
8. Why does the author expand the group that will visit Walden Two?
9. What is Frazier's vision for Walden Two?
10. What is the philosophy of Walden Two about leisure?
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Walden Two's approaches to marriage, child-bearing, child-rearing, and relationships between the sexes.
Write a character sketch of Frazier, presenting reasons for your portrayal and commenting on this character's impact on the events in the play.
The main purpose of Walden Two is the expression of the author's scientific theories about the science of behavior and how it should be used to manage societies. To what extent is this purpose accomplished?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)