|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do babies sleep on in Walden Two?
2. As the group observes the child's birthday celebration, how does the author add a human touch to the portrayal of Frazier?
3. In the first discussion between Rogers, Burris, and Jamnik, why is Frazier's name introduced?
4. What part does soup play in one of the lessons that the children must learn in order to internalize ethics?
5. How are the older children divided into grades at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are there any disadvantages to eliminating harmful emotions?
2. What kind of celebration does the group observe after tea on the first day of the visit?
3. After a tour of the dairy, what two traditions of Walden Two do the visitors observe?
4. What advertising practices does Walden Two observe?
5. What are some of the feelings about his work that Burris has while being visited by the two men?
6. What aspects of Walden Two's practices do the visitors observe at dinner?
7. As the visit progresses to the next morning, what tensions emerge among the visitors themselves?
8. How does the author humanize Frazier in the description of the birthday party?
9. According to Frazier, what are the benefits of the system for organizing work?
10. What does the conversation about jealousy give Frazier the opportunity to do, and how do Barbara and Castle respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Walden Two's ideas about education are directly related to Skinner's dissatisfaction with the educational practices of his day. How do the principles and practices in Walden Two's educational system address real weaknesses in modern education?
Essay Topic 2
Burris, Frazier, and Castle are the major players in the story but there are important minor characters. Discuss the role of any three minor characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of Frazier, presenting reasons for your portrayal and commenting on this character's impact on the events in the play.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)