|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the group's Sunday breakfast, how does Barbara's behavior affect Frazier?
(a) She ignores him and he becomes fidgety.
(b) She flirts with him and he reciprocates.
(c) She accosts him about his beliefs and he withdraws because she is a woman.
(d) She flirts with him, but he responds awkwardly.
2. What is the occupation of the housewife?
(a) She spends all of her time as a baker.
(b) She minds her children.
(c) She's a baker and has many hobbies.
(d) She is a nurse who bakes in her spare time.
3. When the group's Sunday afternoon walk is canceled due to rain, and Burris finds himself alone with Frazier and Castle, of what does Burris accuse Frazier?
(a) Of being a Communist.
(b) Of being a figurehead.
(c) Of being a manipulator and despot.
(d) Of being a tyrant.
4. Where do some of the visitors go after Sunday breakfast?
(a) To the neighboring farm.
(b) To a Sunday service.
(c) To the park.
(d) To the beach.
5. How is failure treated at Walden Two?
(a) Persons who fail have to go back to school.
(b) Persons who fail are moved to different jobs and if this continues, they see a psychologist.
(c) Persons who fail are channelled into different types of work.
(d) Persons who fail are asked to leave the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the same Sunday evening when Castle and Frazier argue about using a science of behavior to control behavior, how does Frazier justify its necessity?
2. According to Frazier's explanation of behavior theory, what two contradictory forces occur simultaneously when it is applied?
3. At lunch after their tour of medical facilities, Frazier expresses enthusiasm about Walden two. What is he enthusiastic about?
4. How does Frazier suggest that the growth of Walden Two will affect farmers in the future?
5. As the visitors tour the mental and dental facilities, what is evidently the major emphasis in the approach to care?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Frazier, Burris, and Castle take a walk outside and see a group arriving, what information is given about the growth of the community?
2. After hearing extensive reports from Frazier about the members of Walden Two, what does Burris decide to do?
3. How does Frazier justify the emphasis on control at Walden Two?
4. When Burris tries to ask Frazier about communal societies that have failed in the past, how does Frazier respond?
5. How does Walden Two relate to government in the wider society, and what has the method accomplished?
6. According to Frazier's explanation on the roof, what is the "Good Life"?
7. When the group sits down to lunch and Castle questions Frazier about government and politics, how does Frazier respond?
8. What is Frazier's response when Castle questions his belief in democracy?
9. Why is Frazier's response to Castle's question about government and politics ironic?
10. While on the roof, how does Frazier counter Castle's claim that life at Walden Two offers no challenge and lacks moral law?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)