|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Burris smokes in the garden, what thought occurs to him about the impact of his visit to Walden Two?
(a) Everyone smokes, so he smokes more than normal.
(b) He smokes only in the company of those who smoke.
(c) Few people smoke, and he smokes much less than normal.
(d) He smokes much more than normal.
2. What new kind of control does Frazier add to the Sunday evening debate about behavior control?
(a) Negative reinforcement.
(b) Negative conditioning.
(c) Positive conditioning.
(d) Positive reinforcement.
3. To what does Frazier relate his theory of behavior?
(a) The teachings of Jesus about fortitude.
(b) The teachings of Jesus about love of one's neighbor.
(c) The teachings of Jesus about temptation.
(d) The teachings of Jesus about loving one's enemies.
4. As Burris returns to his room and meets a housewife nearby, what does he find out from her about Frazier?
(a) She is upset with Frazier's leadership.
(b) She barely knows Frazier.
(c) She is pleased with Frazier's leadership.
(d) She was married to Frazier.
5. After his heavy work stacking wood, when Burris talks with Frazier at dinner about communal societies that have failed, what is Frazier's first response?
(a) He refuses to compare them with Walden Two because he has little knowledge of them.
(b) He asserts that Walden Two is definitely superior.
(c) He asserts that they lacked vision.
(d) He asserts that they lacked leadership.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is failure treated at Walden Two?
2. In the discussion about Walden Two's future and the possible impact on farmers, what is Frazier's response to Castle's questions about his ideology?
3. What literary device is evident in the underlying contradiction between Frazier's comments on power and his own involvement in leading Walden Two?
4. What is the occupation of the housewife?
5. How is the Code sustained at Walden Two?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)