|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Sunday evening debate about behavior control, on what point do Castle and Frazier agree?
(a) That conditioning does control behavior.
(b) That fear of consequences does control behavior.
(c) That sanctions do control behavior.
(d) That force and the threat of force do control behavior.
2. According to Frazier, what specific attributes does Walden Two have that will prevent its failure?
(a) Democracy and experimentation.
(b) Experimentation and openness to change.
(c) Democracy and behavior engineering.
(d) Experimentation and leadership.
3. What new kind of control does Frazier add to the Sunday evening debate about behavior control?
(a) Positive conditioning.
(b) Negative conditioning.
(c) Positive reinforcement.
(d) Negative reinforcement.
4. In the same discussion about family life, what significant difference between traditional marriage and marriage at Walden Two does Frazier explain?
(a) Based on research and experimentation, marriages are arranged by the leaders.
(b) Based on research and experimentation, spouses live together before marriage.
(c) Based on research and experimentation, Walden Two spouses sleep in separate rooms.
(d) Based on research and experimentation, marriages are arranged by parents.
5. Faced with Castle's challenge about the absence of moral law at Walden Two, what does Frazier display?
(a) He displays the willingness to give the matter some thought.
(b) He displays faith in Walden Two's abiity to manage without it.
(c) He displays pragmatism and a belief that all behavior can be dealt with by experimentation and social engineering.
(d) He displays an intolerance for opposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What further clarification does Frazier give to the group about the new kind of behavioral control?
2. What does Burris learn from the housewife about how Walden Two finds out if members are happy?
3. How is the Code sustained at Walden Two?
4. On the same Sunday evening when Castle and Frazier argue about using a science of behavior to control behavior, how does Frazier justify its necessity?
5. As Burris investigates the happiness of Walden Two members, what game does he see some playing?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)