|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the group of visitors manage the first work assignment of window-cleaning?
(a) They are unaccustomed to this work, so they do not do well.
(b) They get through a good deal of the work in two hours, but Barbara is inefficient and uncomfortable.
(c) They have no difficulty adjusting to physical work.
(d) Burris is inefficient and uncomfortable, but they get through the work.
2. What approach to psychology is reflected in this first activity that is observed by the visitors?
(a) Management Psychology.
(b) Personality Psychology.
(d) Abnormal Psychology.
3. Where are babies kept in the early stages of life at Walden Two?
(a) In their mothers' rooms.
(b) In their parents' home.
(c) In an intensive care unit.
(d) In climate controlled cubicles with glass windows.
4. What event does Burris find listed on a bulletin board?
(a) A talent show.
(b) A performance of Bach's Mass in B Minor.
(c) A dance.
(d) An auction.
5. After their tour of the dairy, when Mrs. Meyerson joins the group, what tradition involving young couples do the visitors observe?
(a) They attend parenting classes.
(b) They attend counseling sessions.
(c) They learn to cook and bake.
(d) They work on their own living quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the name of the passageway where the visitors first have tea?
2. When Mary exhibits a kind of embroidery stitch to some women, they seem grateful but do not communicate this to her. What is the reason for this?
3. After they visit the school, Frazier discusses the advantages of the education system with the visitors. To what three features does Frazier attribute the system's efficiency?
4. As the visitors go to their first dinner, where do they observe many of Walden Two's members gathering?
5. What do babies sleep on in Walden Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is work organized at Walden Two?
2. After the visit to the schools, what do the visitors discover about child-bearing practices at Walden Two and the advantages of the approach used?
3. As Castle observes the nursery, what is he concerned about and how is his concern addressed?
4. What are the deficiencies of Walden Two's system of government?
5. Why does the author expand the group that will visit Walden Two?
6. What are some of the feelings about his work that Burris has while being visited by the two men?
7. What aspects of Walden Two's practices do the visitors observe at dinner?
8. What kind of celebration does the group observe after tea on the first day of the visit?
9. How does the author humanize Frazier in the description of the birthday party?
10. Summarize the main features of government and administration at Walden Two.
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)