|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assumption does Walden Two make about how to build resistance in babies?
(a) They should be quarantined.
(b) They should only be fed on organic foods.
(c) They should be introduced to frustration and illness slowly.
(d) They should only interact with their mothers.
2. How does Burris respond to the women of Walden Two when he first sees them?
(a) He thinks they look dull and bored.
(b) He thinks they look overworked and unhappy.
(c) He considers them plain.
(d) He considers them beautiful.
3. Who is the first member of Walden Two that Frazier allows the group to meet?
(a) Mr. Bryson.
(b) Mr. Mullings.
(c) Mrs. Frazier.
(d) Mrs. Meyerson.
4. What is the attitude of Walden Two towards the importance of mother love in the lives of babies?
(a) They get it by being isolated from everyone except their mothers.
(b) It is not a necessity.
(c) They get it from daily visits with their mothers.
(d) They get it from the entire community.
5. What is the significance of the name of the passageway where the visitors first have tea?
(a) It is a biblical reference that suggests salvation.
(b) It is a biblical reference that suggests the liberation of the Israelites.
(c) It is a biblical reference that suggests perfection.
(d) It is a biblical reference that suggests a way to heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their way to their first activity on the morning after they participate in entertainment, what do the visitors observe?
2. At their first dinner, Frazier explains that Walden Two never has crowds. What is the explanation for this?
3. Based on Frazier's description of the system, which of the following statements best describes a weakness in the way leaders are chosen at Walden Two?
4. What activities does Frazier plan for the group after breakfast on the morning after their leisure activities?
5. What is the highest level of community leadership at Walden Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Castle and Frazier agree that force or threat of force can control behavior, what additions does Frazier make to the discussion?
2. Summarize the main features of government and administration at Walden Two.
3. When Burris and Frazier are on the way back to the main building, what do the men discover about the sheep?
4. What aspects of Walden Two's practices do the visitors observe at dinner?
5. What is Frazier's vision for Walden Two?
6. What does Frazier speak about when he takes Burris to the Throne?
7. What are the major features of the Walden Two approach to education?
8. What is the result of the discussion about Frazier and the action that Burris takes?
9. As the novel begins, how does Rogers explain to Burris the need that he and Steve are experiencing?
10. What advertising practices does Walden Two observe?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)