|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subjects do the older children have to study in school?
(a) English, Music, Math, and Science.
(b) Whatever interests them.
(c) English, Math, and Science.
(d) Math, Engineering, and Science.
2. What is the profession of Burris?
(a) Professor of Psychology.
(b) Professor of Philosophy.
(c) Professor of Sociology.
(d) Professor of Politics.
3. Who is in charge of the nursery visited by the group?
(a) Mrs. Rogers.
(b) Mrs. Frazier.
(c) Mrs. Meyerson.
(d) Mrs. Nash.
4. Who else is invited to join the three men as they plan their visit to Walden Two?
(a) Barbara Macklin, Mary Grove, and Augustine Castle.
(b) Castle and Mackling.
(c) Augusta and Barbara.
(d) Barbara and Mackie.
5. Why does Mrs. Meyerson leave the group during their first visit?
(a) To report for work.
(b) To get away from Frazier.
(c) She does not like one of the visiting group.
(d) To attend a special function for her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first significant activity at Walden Two that Frazier points out to the visitors on the first day of their visit?
2. How does the rearing of Walden Two children up to three-years-old compare with that of babies?
3. What factors determine the most common form of entertainment at Walden Two?
4. What is the role of scientists at Walden Two?
5. What activities does Frazier plan for the group after breakfast on the morning after their leisure activities?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Frazier's explanation on the roof, what is the "Good Life"?
2. Why are Steve and Mary attracted to joining Walden Two?
3. What is the philosophy of Walden Two about leisure?
4. While on the roof, how does Frazier counter Castle's claim that life at Walden Two offers no challenge and lacks moral law?
5. How does Walden Two relate to government in the wider society, and what has the method accomplished?
6. Why have Steve and Rogers come to visit Burris?
7. What does Frazier speak about when he takes Burris to the Throne?
8. How does Frazier justify the emphasis on control at Walden Two?
9. What kind of celebration does the group observe after tea on the first day of the visit?
10. What are the deficiencies of Walden Two's system of government?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)