Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-4
1. As the novel begins, how does Rogers explain to Burris the need that he and Steve are experiencing?
2. Why have Steve and Rogers come to visit Burris?
3. What are some of the feelings about his work that Burris has while being visited by the two men?
4. How does Burris convey his interest in the ideas of Steve and Rogers?
5. What is the result of the discussion about Frazier and the action that Burris takes?
6. Why is Frazier responsive...
This section contains 1,013 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)