|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the visitors fails to understand why anyone would want to live at Walden Two?
2. What is the profession of Burris?
(a) Professor of Sociology.
(b) Professor of Psychology.
(c) Professor of Philosophy.
(d) Professor of Politics.
3. At their first dinner, Frazier explains that Walden Two never has crowds. What is the explanation for this?
(a) The entire community is very small.
(b) Work is allocated in shifts to keep people busy.
(c) There is nowhere for a crowd to gather.
(d) People are free to wander and not many people want to do the same thing at the same time, so they are at different places.
4. How do the child-rearing practices affect the women of Walden Two?
(a) They can participate more in community life.
(b) They are freed from the necessity of being housewives.
(c) They pine for their children.
(d) They can become professionals.
5. What aspect of Walden Two's philosophy is reflected in the gallery of pictures which Burris stops to admire on the way to their first tea?
(a) They believe that making lesiure time available to members will lead to a flourishing of artistic work.
(b) They believe gifted persons should be allowed to focus on artistic work only.
(c) They believe children should be introduced to art early in life.
(d) They believe art is needed for mental exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activities does Frazier plan for the group after breakfast on the morning after their leisure activities?
2. Why are all members of Walden Two required to do physical labor?
3. Which member of the group raises questions about mother love for babies?
4. How does the kitchen staff manage the washing and clearing of dishes after dinner?
5. How does the group of visitors manage the first work assignment of window-cleaning?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)