|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the dinner at which Burris and Frazier discuss failed communal societies, where do they hear from Frazier about the "Good Life"?
(a) The walkway.
(b) The theater.
(c) The roof.
(d) The tea room.
2. According to Frazier's explanation of behavior theory, what two contradictory forces occur simultaneously when it is applied?
(a) Free will and obedience.
(b) Freedom and dictatorship.
(c) Freedom and control.
(d) Freedom and tyranny.
3. According to Frazier's explanation, what effect has Walden Two's involvement in politics achieved?
(a) It has cleaned up corrupt politicians.
(b) It has brought down a President.
(c) It has brought change to other States.
(d) It has changed laws.
4. What is the attitude of Walden Two towards the importance of mother love in the lives of babies?
(a) They get it from daily visits with their mothers.
(b) They get it by being isolated from everyone except their mothers.
(c) They get it from the entire community.
(d) It is not a necessity.
5. What is the philosophy of the women as described by Mrs. Meyerson after Burris makes his comment?
(a) They dress to flatter themselves but do not follow fashion.
(b) They are avid followers of modern fashion.
(c) They dress to disguise their attractiveness.
(d) They place no emphasis on looking good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first visitors to decide on joining Walden Two?
2. Why does Frazier discount the merits of majority vote in the democratic system?
3. How is the Code sustained at Walden Two?
4. Which of the following terms best describes some of the weaknesses that Frazier attributes to the traditional educational system?
5. What assumption does Walden Two make about how to build resistance in babies?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)