|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the argument that takes place when the rain causes Burris, Castle, and Frazier to have an extended discussion, what is the major purpose served by Frazier's arguments?
(a) He is used to attack communism.
(b) He is used to contradict the author's beliefs.
(c) He is used to express the author's theories.
(d) He is used to defend Walden Two.
2. At lunch after the tour of the medical facilities, what aspects of modern society does Castle suggest are needed at Walden Two?
(a) Government and politics.
(b) Religion and politics.
(c) Elections and shared leadership.
(d) Governent and religion.
3. What is the likely reason for the decision of the first two visitors to join Walden Two?
(a) The economic opportunities attract them.
(b) They are excited about the simplicity of the lifestyle.
(c) They are excited about the opportunities for spiritual growth.
(d) They are excited about the opportunities available for just four labor credits a day.
4. What is the point of view in which Walden Two is written?
(a) Third person objective.
(b) Omniscient author.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person narrative.
5. As Frazier discusses leisure and boredom, what does he claim about the environment at Walden Two?
(a) He says the environment is ideal for spiritual well-being.
(b) He says the environment is ideal for personal growth.
(c) He says the environment is ideal for bulding family relationships.
(d) He says the environment is ideal for creating art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part does soup play in one of the lessons that the children must learn in order to internalize ethics?
2. As the discussions about the educational system come to an end, Castle asks about freedom. Which of the following best describes Frazier's reason for avoiding Castle's questions about freedom?
3. In the first discussion between Rogers, Burris, and Jamnik, why is Frazier's name introduced?
4. In the part of the debate when they speak about democracy, what weaknesses of this system does Frazier point out?
5. According to Frazier's description of the school system, what is the priority in teaching at Walden Two?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)