|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the name of Walden Two contain the word Two?
(a) The first attempt at creating the community was a failure.
(b) There is a book called Walden that describes an experimental community.
(c) It is located near Walden.
(d) There are two communities and Frazier is in charge of the second.
2. What is the point of view in which Walden Two is written?
(a) Omniscient author.
(b) Third person objective.
(c) First person narrative.
(d) Second person.
3. What evidence does Frazier cite to support his argument about the impact of leisure on Walden Two?
(a) A strong spiritual culture.
(b) A burgeoning music community with composers and performers.
(c) A lively group of young artists.
(d) A successful school of performing arts.
4. What is problematic about Rogers' desire to embrace the Walden Two lifestyle?
(a) It will take him away from his family.
(b) It conflicts with his desire for freedom.
(c) It puts him in conflict with his desire fro financial success.
(d) It puts him in conflict with his fiancee.
5. How is the Code sustained at Walden Two?
(a) The leaders and managers update it regularly.
(b) Frazier updates it regularly.
(c) Through discussion and reinforcement at Sunday meetings.
(d) The members vote on what should be in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the group observes the child's birthday celebration, how does the author add a human touch to the portrayal of Frazier?
2. What is the attitude of Walden Two towards the importance of mother love in the lives of babies?
3. Which of the following terms best sums up the approach to decision-making, as described by Frazier to the visitors?
4. Where are babies kept in the early stages of life at Walden Two?
5. What assumption does Walden Two make about how to build resistance in babies?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)