|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the attitude of Walden Two towards the importance of mother love in the lives of babies?
(a) They get it from daily visits with their mothers.
(b) They get it from the entire community.
(c) They get it by being isolated from everyone except their mothers.
(d) It is not a necessity.
2. What aspect of Walden Two's philosophy is reflected in the gallery of pictures which Burris stops to admire on the way to their first tea?
(a) They believe art is needed for mental exercise.
(b) They believe that making lesiure time available to members will lead to a flourishing of artistic work.
(c) They believe gifted persons should be allowed to focus on artistic work only.
(d) They believe children should be introduced to art early in life.
3. How does Frazier respond to Castle's expression of horror at the practices with the children?
(a) He says he believes in the methods because they worked in his own childhood.
(b) He says the practices help the children control their behavior.
(c) He says the children are admired everywhere because of their behavior.
(d) He says these are controlled frustrations for good ends, unlike the ones children normally face.
4. How does Frazier explain the low incidence of adultery at Walden Two?
(a) Adultery results in public disgrace.
(b) The community encourages friendships between the sexes.
(c) The marriages are arranged and strict rules apply.
(d) Adultery results in expulsion from the community.
5. According to Frazier's explanation, what effect has Walden Two's involvement in politics achieved?
(a) It has cleaned up corrupt politicians.
(b) It has changed laws.
(c) It has brought down a President.
(d) It has brought change to other States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Frazier's stated opposition to political action?
2. What subjects do the older children have to study in school?
3. What is the highest level of community leadership at Walden Two?
4. What factors determine the most common form of entertainment at Walden Two?
5. In the conversation concerning expression of emotions, what criticism does Frazier make of how the wider society socializes children?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)