|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What views about power does Frazier express in response to Castle's comments?
(a) It is dangerous to freedom.
(b) It is a part of leadership at Walden Two.
(c) It corrupts governments.
(d) It is needed to maintain control.
2. Which one of the visitors fails to understand why anyone would want to live at Walden Two?
3. What is the role of scientists at Walden Two?
(a) They develop new systems and products, but must also do physical labor.
(b) They are assigned to research and experiments, but have to do some physical work.
(c) They maintain contact with universities and inventors, but must also do physical labor.
(d) They do their professional jobs and manual work, but they only investigate "pure science" in their spare time.
4. Why does Frazier point this out to the visitors?
(a) It demonstrates the ability to control young children.
(b) It demonstrates the productivity of the sheep.
(c) It illustrates the ability of the community to control specific behaviors that suit the community's needs.
(d) It demonstrates the benefits of early marriage.
5. What is problematic about Rogers' desire to embrace the Walden Two lifestyle?
(a) It puts him in conflict with his desire fro financial success.
(b) It will take him away from his family.
(c) It puts him in conflict with his fiancee.
(d) It conflicts with his desire for freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Frazier, how does Walden Two's second generation of members differ from its first?
2. According to Frazier, how do the child-rearing practices affect the development of the children?
3. Later in the discussion about failed communal societies, how does Frazier explain their failure?
4. After Burris selects what he wants to do from the bulletin board, what do Mary and Steve decide to do instead?
5. After his heavy work stacking wood, when Burris talks with Frazier at dinner about communal societies that have failed, what is Frazier's first response?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)