|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the first discussion between Burris, Rogers, and Jamnik evolves, what does the reader learn about the attitude of the two younger men regarding their lives?
(a) They want to encourage others to go to war.
(b) They are disillusioned and in search of something different.
(c) They are happy about their society.
(d) They are searching for better careers.
2. After Burris selects what he wants to do from the bulletin board, what do Mary and Steve decide to do instead?
(a) They go to a dance.
(b) They go to a movie.
(c) They go to a bowling alley.
(d) They go to the theater.
3. Who is the narrator of Walden Two?
(a) Professor Burris.
4. Why have Rogers and Jamnik come to visit Burris at the beginning of the novel?
(a) To renew old acquaintances.
(b) To find out about a utopian society he once mentioned to Rogers.
(c) To invite him to join their group.
(d) For advice on their future.
5. What activities does Frazier plan for the group after breakfast on the morning after their leisure activities?
(a) They will have a debate about Walden Two and then do their chores.
(b) They will visit factories and do their work there.
(c) They will work and then visit churches.
(d) They will visit the schools and earn labor credits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the visitors learn at dinner about how the cooks at Walden Two ensure that food is not wasted?
2. As the group observes some children leaving for a picnic, what answer does Castle receive when he asks about jealousy among those left behind?
3. What is the highest level of community leadership at Walden Two?
4. What is the profession of Burris?
5. How does the kitchen staff manage the washing and clearing of dishes after dinner?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)