|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their first discussion, what does Burris decide to do after the men have spoken about Frazier?
(a) To write to Frazier.
(b) To give Rogers a note of introduction to Frazier.
(c) To visit Frazier.
(d) To call Frazier.
2. On their way to their first activity on the morning after they participate in entertainment, what do the visitors observe?
(a) They pass children involved in organized sports.
(b) They pass children painting a mural.
(c) They pass children gardening.
(d) They pass children learning geometry with strings and pegs.
3. According to Frazier's explanation, how is the system managed to prevent members from favoring professional work over manual labor?
(a) Members are trained for different professions and rotate through them in turn.
(b) Once there are enough members for each profession, others must choose different types of work.
(c) Administrators determine how many people are needed in each profession, and the potential applicants decide among themselves who will be selected.
(d) Frazier instructs members regarding how many professionals are needed.
4. What do the visitors learn at dinner about how the cooks at Walden Two ensure that food is not wasted?
(a) Leftovers are eaten on the folowing day.
(b) They do not cook until a specific number of persons indicate what they want to eat.
(c) They cook meals from all around the world and make every effort to see that everything is eaten.
(d) Members who leave too much food on their plates are fined for waste.
5. As Frazier explains the operations of Walden Two to the visitors, what technique does the author use to support the ideas behind Walden Two's operations?
(a) He does not tolerate any questions from the visitors.
(b) He presents the community as one whose systems and practices are beyond question because they are already working.
(c) He keeps the visitors away from the ordinary members of Walden Two.
(d) He does not have Frazier show the visitors anything that is not working well.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the conversation concerning expression of emotions, what criticism does Frazier make of how the wider society socializes children?
2. What is the profession of Burris?
3. As the discussions about the educational system come to an end, Castle asks about freedom. Which of the following best describes Frazier's reason for avoiding Castle's questions about freedom?
4. What activities does Frazier plan for the group after breakfast on the morning after their leisure activities?
5. How does Burris respond to the women of Walden Two when he first sees them?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)