|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the group of visitors manage the first work assignment of window-cleaning?
(a) They are unaccustomed to this work, so they do not do well.
(b) Burris is inefficient and uncomfortable, but they get through the work.
(c) They have no difficulty adjusting to physical work.
(d) They get through a good deal of the work in two hours, but Barbara is inefficient and uncomfortable.
2. At their first dinner, Frazier explains that Walden Two never has crowds. What is the explanation for this?
(a) The entire community is very small.
(b) There is nowhere for a crowd to gather.
(c) Work is allocated in shifts to keep people busy.
(d) People are free to wander and not many people want to do the same thing at the same time, so they are at different places.
3. When Roger and Barbara join the others for breakfast, how does Barbara stand out from the visitors?
(a) Barbara brings Roger his breakfast.
(b) Barbara does not eat breakfast.
(c) Barbara leaves the group and eats by herself.
(d) They all serve themselves breakfast, but Roger brings Barbara hers.
4. Which member of the group raises questions about mother love for babies?
5. As the visitors get ready for their work assignment together, and Burris and Mary share breakfast, what develops between these two characters?
(a) Mary is attracted to Burris, but she is too simple for him.
(b) They do not speak much to each other.
(c) Burris seems too intellectual for Mary, but he seems attracted to her.
(d) They dislike each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they visit the school, Frazier discusses the advantages of the education system with the visitors. To what three features does Frazier attribute the system's efficiency?
2. As the group observes some children leaving for a picnic, what answer does Castle receive when he asks about jealousy among those left behind?
3. What is the attitude of Walden Two towards the importance of mother love in the lives of babies?
4. Who else is invited to join the three men as they plan their visit to Walden Two?
5. What is the role of scientists at Walden Two?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)