|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activities does Frazier plan for the group after breakfast on the morning after their leisure activities?
(a) They will work and then visit churches.
(b) They will visit factories and do their work there.
(c) They will visit the schools and earn labor credits.
(d) They will have a debate about Walden Two and then do their chores.
2. Which of the following terms best sums up the approach to decision-making, as described by Frazier to the visitors?
(a) It is a system in which the leader makes all the important decisions.
(b) It is a system of cooperation and consensus at the leadership level.
(c) It is a democratic system in which everyone participates equally.
(d) It is a system of decision-making by committees.
3. Whose ideas for a perfect society are reflected in the structure and operations of Walden Two?
(a) Ideas of the author, B.F. Skinner.
(b) Ideas of university professors.
(c) Ideas of democratic leaders.
(d) Ideas of the communist leaders.
4. As the visitors take their first walk around Walden Two, what does Frazier explain to the visitors about the buildings?
(a) They are cheaper to maintain.
(b) They prevent the chilrden from going outside.
(c) They protect them from bad weather because they are insulated.
(d) They are communal buildings made of rammed earth with covered passages, and they protect them from extreme weather.
5. After their tour of the dairy, when Mrs. Meyerson joins the group, what tradition involving young couples do the visitors observe?
(a) They attend counseling sessions.
(b) They attend parenting classes.
(c) They work on their own living quarters.
(d) They learn to cook and bake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the kitchen staff manage the washing and clearing of dishes after dinner?
2. Why have Rogers and Jamnik come to visit Burris at the beginning of the novel?
3. During their first discussion, what does Burris decide to do after the men have spoken about Frazier?
4. On their way to their first activity on the morning after they participate in entertainment, what do the visitors observe?
5. In the first discussion between Rogers, Burris, and Jamnik, why is Frazier's name introduced?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)