|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Meyerson, what is the reason behind the women's attitude to dress?
(a) They are very modest.
(b) They do not want to be seen as objects.
(c) They want to reduce expense.
(d) They want to distract the men from sexual thoughts.
2. As Frazier explains the operations of Walden Two to the visitors, what technique does the author use to support the ideas behind Walden Two's operations?
(a) He presents the community as one whose systems and practices are beyond question because they are already working.
(b) He does not tolerate any questions from the visitors.
(c) He does not have Frazier show the visitors anything that is not working well.
(d) He keeps the visitors away from the ordinary members of Walden Two.
3. Which of the following features are included in the systems of work and leadership outlined by Frazier in his description of Walden Two?
(a) Use of experiments.
(b) Scientific management and management of resources.
(c) Shared work and experimentation.
(d) Use of expertise, shared work, and experimentation.
4. What is the figure of speech contained in the name of the passageway where the visitors first have tea?
5. How does Walden Two meet its production needs when members work a relatively short work day?
(a) The lifestyle does not require more.
(b) The labor force includes adolescents and women.
(c) The size of the community permits this.
(d) Workers from the nearby farms give assistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Burris selects what he wants to do from the bulletin board, what do Mary and Steve decide to do instead?
2. What activities does Frazier plan for the group after breakfast on the morning after their leisure activities?
3. What do the visitors learn at dinner about how the management of meals contributes to avoidance of crowds at Walden Two?
4. Who is in charge of the nursery visited by the group?
5. In the first discussion between Rogers, Burris, and Jamnik, why is Frazier's name introduced?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)