|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Frazier, how do the child-rearing practices affect the development of the children?
(a) The children relate to adults of their choice and are less dependent on their parents.
(b) The children respect all adults.
(c) The children have less conflict with their parents.
(d) The children grow up more quickly.
2. What is the role of scientists at Walden Two?
(a) They develop new systems and products, but must also do physical labor.
(b) They do their professional jobs and manual work, but they only investigate "pure science" in their spare time.
(c) They maintain contact with universities and inventors, but must also do physical labor.
(d) They are assigned to research and experiments, but have to do some physical work.
3. In the first discussion between Rogers, Burris, and Jamnik, why is Frazier's name introduced?
(a) Burris knows Frazier.
(b) Frazier is also in the army.
(c) Jamnik has read an article about Frazier's community.
(d) Frazier is a colleague of Rogers.
4. After Burris selects what he wants to do from the bulletin board, what do Mary and Steve decide to do instead?
(a) They go to the theater.
(b) They go to a movie.
(c) They go to a bowling alley.
(d) They go to a dance.
5. At the group's Sunday breakfast, how does Barbara's behavior affect Frazier?
(a) She flirts with him, but he responds awkwardly.
(b) She flirts with him and he reciprocates.
(c) She accosts him about his beliefs and he withdraws because she is a woman.
(d) She ignores him and he becomes fidgety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is invited to join the three men as they plan their visit to Walden Two?
2. To what does Frazier relate his theory of behavior?
3. After hearing about the decision of two visitors to join Walden Two, what observation does Castle make about the apparent happiness of the members of Walden Two?
4. While observing this group, what does Frazier reveal to the observers about Walden Two?
5. Later in the discussion about failed communal societies, how does Frazier explain their failure?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)