|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assumption does Walden Two make about how to build resistance in babies?
(a) They should only be fed on organic foods.
(b) They should only interact with their mothers.
(c) They should be introduced to frustration and illness slowly.
(d) They should be quarantined.
2. Why does the author have Burris discuss matters with the housewife that he meets on the way to his room?
(a) To get the perspective of a mature, ordinary member of the community.
(b) To get the perspective of mothers.
(c) To get the female perspective.
(d) To get the perspective of the unemployed.
3. What evidence does Frazier cite to support his argument about the impact of leisure on Walden Two?
(a) A burgeoning music community with composers and performers.
(b) A lively group of young artists.
(c) A successful school of performing arts.
(d) A strong spiritual culture.
4. Who are the first visitors to decide on joining Walden Two?
(a) Steve and Rogers.
(b) Steve and Mary.
(c) Burris and Barbara.
(d) Burris and Rogers.
5. On their way to their first activity on the morning after they participate in entertainment, what do the visitors observe?
(a) They pass children painting a mural.
(b) They pass children involved in organized sports.
(c) They pass children learning geometry with strings and pegs.
(d) They pass children gardening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the name of the passageway where the visitors first have tea?
2. As the discussions about the educational system come to an end, Castle asks about freedom. Which of the following best describes Frazier's reason for avoiding Castle's questions about freedom?
3. Why does the author expand the visiting group to include these members?
4. As Frazier explains the operations of Walden Two to the visitors, what technique does the author use to support the ideas behind Walden Two's operations?
5. As Burris returns to his room and meets a housewife nearby, what does he find out from her about Frazier?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)