|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the kitchen staff manage the washing and clearing of dishes after dinner?
(a) The process is automated.
(b) Several members work simultaneously until it is finished.
(c) Members work in several shifts of two people each and much of the washing is automated.
(d) Adolsecents use automatic dishwashers.
2. What do the visitors learn at dinner about how the cooks at Walden Two ensure that food is not wasted?
(a) Leftovers are eaten on the folowing day.
(b) They cook meals from all around the world and make every effort to see that everything is eaten.
(c) They do not cook until a specific number of persons indicate what they want to eat.
(d) Members who leave too much food on their plates are fined for waste.
3. What is the profession of Burris?
(a) Professor of Politics.
(b) Professor of Sociology.
(c) Professor of Psychology.
(d) Professor of Philosophy.
4. Why does the author expand the visiting group to include these members?
(a) To make the visit more economical.
(b) To present responses to Walden Two that reflect diverse perspectives.
(c) To make the visit more interesting.
(d) To satisfy the requirements of Frazier.
5. What is the point of view in which Walden Two is written?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person objective.
(c) Omniscient author.
(d) First person narrative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Apart from artwork in the gallery, what other type of artistic activity is referred to in the first part of the visitors' tour of Walden Two?
2. How does the group of visitors manage the first work assignment of window-cleaning?
3. Whose ideas for a perfect society are reflected in the structure and operations of Walden Two?
4. What do the visitors learn at dinner about how the management of meals contributes to avoidance of crowds at Walden Two?
5. What factors determine the most common form of entertainment at Walden Two?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)