|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following features are included in the systems of work and leadership outlined by Frazier in his description of Walden Two?
(a) Shared work and experimentation.
(b) Use of expertise, shared work, and experimentation.
(c) Scientific management and management of resources.
(d) Use of experiments.
2. Why does the name of Walden Two contain the word Two?
(a) There are two communities and Frazier is in charge of the second.
(b) It is located near Walden.
(c) There is a book called Walden that describes an experimental community.
(d) The first attempt at creating the community was a failure.
3. What is the figure of speech contained in the name of the passageway where the visitors first have tea?
4. Who else is invited to join the three men as they plan their visit to Walden Two?
(a) Barbara and Mackie.
(b) Castle and Mackling.
(c) Augusta and Barbara.
(d) Barbara Macklin, Mary Grove, and Augustine Castle.
5. Why does Frazier point this out to the visitors?
(a) It demonstrates the benefits of early marriage.
(b) It demonstrates the ability to control young children.
(c) It demonstrates the productivity of the sheep.
(d) It illustrates the ability of the community to control specific behaviors that suit the community's needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Burris respond to the women of Walden Two when he first sees them?
2. Who is the first member of Walden Two that Frazier allows the group to meet?
3. What is the role of scientists at Walden Two?
4. How does Mrs. Meyerson contribute to the community's cultural activities?
5. At their first dinner, Frazier explains that Walden Two never has crowds. What is the explanation for this?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)