|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in their tour of Walden Two, the visitors learn that children do not eat with adults in the main dining room until a certain age. What age is this?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Six years.
2. What aspect of Walden Two's philosophy is reflected in the gallery of pictures which Burris stops to admire on the way to their first tea?
(a) They believe that making lesiure time available to members will lead to a flourishing of artistic work.
(b) They believe children should be introduced to art early in life.
(c) They believe art is needed for mental exercise.
(d) They believe gifted persons should be allowed to focus on artistic work only.
3. Which member of the group raises questions about mother love for babies?
4. Which of the following terms best sums up the approach to decision-making, as described by Frazier to the visitors?
(a) It is a system in which the leader makes all the important decisions.
(b) It is a system of decision-making by committees.
(c) It is a system of cooperation and consensus at the leadership level.
(d) It is a democratic system in which everyone participates equally.
5. What do the visitors learn at dinner about how the management of meals contributes to avoidance of crowds at Walden Two?
(a) Meals are served to be taken away.
(b) Meals are served throughout the day.
(c) Meals are taken to individual living quarters.
(d) Meals are served at different locations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frazier invite the men to visit Walden Two?
2. How does Walden Two meet its production needs when members work a relatively short work day?
3. As the visitors get ready for their work assignment together, and Burris and Mary share breakfast, what develops between these two characters?
4. What is the attitude of Walden Two towards the importance of mother love in the lives of babies?
5. What assumption does Walden Two make about how to build resistance in babies?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)