|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their way to their first activity on the morning after they participate in entertainment, what do the visitors observe?
(a) They pass children gardening.
(b) They pass children involved in organized sports.
(c) They pass children painting a mural.
(d) They pass children learning geometry with strings and pegs.
2. What is the point of view in which Walden Two is written?
(a) First person narrative.
(b) Third person objective.
(c) Second person.
(d) Omniscient author.
3. How do the child-rearing practices affect the women of Walden Two?
(a) They can participate more in community life.
(b) They can become professionals.
(c) They are freed from the necessity of being housewives.
(d) They pine for their children.
4. According to Frazier, what specific attributes does Walden Two have that will prevent its failure?
(a) Experimentation and leadership.
(b) Experimentation and openness to change.
(c) Democracy and experimentation.
(d) Democracy and behavior engineering.
5. After their tour of the dairy, when Mrs. Meyerson joins the group, what tradition involving young couples do the visitors observe?
(a) They attend parenting classes.
(b) They work on their own living quarters.
(c) They attend counseling sessions.
(d) They learn to cook and bake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faced with Castle's challenge about the absence of moral law at Walden Two, what does Frazier display?
2. During their first discussion, what does Burris decide to do after the men have spoken about Frazier?
3. As Frazier discusses leisure and boredom, what does he claim about the environment at Walden Two?
4. As the group comes across couples with babies, what views are expressed concerning the best age for marriage and child-bearing?
5. After his heavy work stacking wood, when Burris talks with Frazier at dinner about communal societies that have failed, what is Frazier's first response?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)