|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Frazier cite to support his argument about the impact of leisure on Walden Two?
(a) A burgeoning music community with composers and performers.
(b) A lively group of young artists.
(c) A strong spiritual culture.
(d) A successful school of performing arts.
2. What activities does Frazier plan for the group after breakfast on the morning after their leisure activities?
(a) They will have a debate about Walden Two and then do their chores.
(b) They will visit factories and do their work there.
(c) They will visit the schools and earn labor credits.
(d) They will work and then visit churches.
3. What does Burris find when he goes off by himself to investigate whether Walden Two members are happy?
(a) He finds a variety of groups engaged in various ordinary activities.
(b) He finds a group whose members are definitely miserable with life at Walden Two.
(c) Most people appear to be indifferent.
(d) He finds that groups are either indifferent or very happy with Walden Two.
4. Which one of the visitors fails to understand why anyone would want to live at Walden Two?
5. What factors determine the most common form of entertainment at Walden Two?
(a) Talent and time.
(b) Cost, transportation, and the amount of trouble involved.
(c) Cost and time to organize it.
(d) The members of the community vote on what they want to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do babies sleep on in Walden Two?
2. How is the Code sustained at Walden Two?
3. As the visitors get ready for their work assignment together, and Burris and Mary share breakfast, what develops between these two characters?
4. Identify the critical features that constitute "the good life", as outline by Frazier.
5. According to Frazier, how do the child-rearing practices affect the development of the children?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)