|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their tour of the dairy, when Mrs. Meyerson joins the group, what tradition involving young couples do the visitors observe?
(a) They attend parenting classes.
(b) They work on their own living quarters.
(c) They attend counseling sessions.
(d) They learn to cook and bake.
2. After the dinner at which Burris and Frazier discuss failed communal societies, where do they hear from Frazier about the "Good Life"?
(a) The walkway.
(b) The theater.
(c) The roof.
(d) The tea room.
3. Later in the discussion about failed communal societies, how does Frazier explain their failure?
(a) They did not use engineered behavior.
(b) They tried to do too much too soon.
(c) They believed they were following truth from God or from visions.
(d) They believed they were perfect.
4. What event does Burris find listed on a bulletin board?
(a) An auction.
(b) A dance.
(c) A performance of Bach's Mass in B Minor.
(d) A talent show.
5. Following the discussion of marriage and child-bearing, what view of the modern world does Frazier use to justify some of the family-oriented practices at Walden Two?
(a) The modern family is not accomplishing its purposes.
(b) It takes a whole community, not just parents, to raise children.
(c) The family is weakening in the modern world, and the Walden Two community takes on traditional family roles.
(d) The traditional family is an outdated concept.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the group raises questions about mother love for babies?
2. What do babies sleep on in Walden Two?
3. How do Walden Two's communication practices differ from the outside world?
4. What factors determine the most common form of entertainment at Walden Two?
5. What is the attitude of Walden Two towards the importance of mother love in the lives of babies?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)