|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the same discussion about family life, what significant difference between traditional marriage and marriage at Walden Two does Frazier explain?
(a) Based on research and experimentation, marriages are arranged by the leaders.
(b) Based on research and experimentation, marriages are arranged by parents.
(c) Based on research and experimentation, spouses live together before marriage.
(d) Based on research and experimentation, Walden Two spouses sleep in separate rooms.
2. In the discussion about Walden Two's future and the possible impact on farmers, what is Frazier's response to Castle's questions about his ideology?
(a) He admits he has no belief in democracy, but he denies being a Fascist.
(b) He accepts that he is a Fascist.
(c) He avoids answering.
(d) He accepts that he believes in aspects of both.
3. According to Frazier, how do the child-rearing practices affect the development of the children?
(a) The children have less conflict with their parents.
(b) The children relate to adults of their choice and are less dependent on their parents.
(c) The children respect all adults.
(d) The children grow up more quickly.
4. What evidence does Frazier cite to support his argument about the impact of leisure on Walden Two?
(a) A lively group of young artists.
(b) A strong spiritual culture.
(c) A successful school of performing arts.
(d) A burgeoning music community with composers and performers.
5. Later in the discussion about failed communal societies, how does Frazier explain their failure?
(a) They did not use engineered behavior.
(b) They tried to do too much too soon.
(c) They believed they were perfect.
(d) They believed they were following truth from God or from visions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Walden Two's communication practices differ from the outside world?
2. How do the child-rearing practices affect the women of Walden Two?
3. What does Burris learn from the housewife about how Walden Two finds out if members are happy?
4. While observing this group, what does Frazier reveal to the observers about Walden Two?
5. Where are babies kept in the early stages of life at Walden Two?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)