|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ changed the way that humans ate, and put humans at the top of the food chain.
2. Garro chops up the meat from the pig Pollan made, and they make a __________ for lunch.
(c) Side dish.
3. The hunter's _______ is the feeling of everything coming into sharp focus, and Pollan feels this during his first day.
4. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
5. __________ involves higher emotions of dread, shame, and fear, according to Pollan.
(b) Moral drama.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan notes that the end meal was _______ for him, according to the book.
2. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
3. Gasset points out to Pollan that he believes _________ returned humans back to nature, and Pollan agrees.
4. Pollan notes that the last meal serves as a reminder of the fact that eating industrially lets people _________ the massive total cost of the food they eat.
5. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Salatin suggest stores should do with their food which might make consumers shop differently?
2. What does Pollan attempt to do as he is reading the book "Animal Liberation"?
3. What is in the meal that Pollan makes at the end of this section, which he describes as being phenomenal?
4. What does Pollan point out as being a failing of the industrialized food chain?
5. Why is Bev having troubles getting his eggs into stores and into the market?
6. How does Pollan change his eating habits after reading "Animal Liberation"?
7. Where can Pollan buy some of the Salatin farm's produce?
8. What is the other part of the meal that Pollan has to abandon as a part of his plan?
9. What does Ortega y Gasset have to say about the idea of hunting?
10. What does Pollan begin to experience after a day of hunting for a wild boar?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)