|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan and the guests at the dinner achieve the pleasures of the ________, a camaraderie during the meal.
2. What does Pollan decide that he wants to gather from a local pond, though he ends up not using it?
3. What does Pollan need to prepare for that allows him to become more aware of his natural surroundings?
(a) First meal.
(b) Hunting license.
(c) Final meal.
(d) His book's deadline.
4. Who is considered to be the first researcher of the omnivore's dilemma?
5. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garro states that he does not hunt for the thrill of the _________, but for the food he can catch.
2. Mushrooms, Pollan points out, can be ________, but they can also be deadly.
3. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
4. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
5. How many ways can a person obtain the foods from Salatin's farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pollan feel when a boar is right before him and his gun was not cocked?
2. Why do humans seem to eat what other humans eat, according to Pollan?
3. What does Salatin suggest stores should do with their food which might make consumers shop differently?
4. What does Pollan suggest that our intelligence allows a person to do that an animal cannot?
5. What does Pollan point out about the loss of meat in one's diet?
6. How does Pollan change his eating habits after reading "Animal Liberation"?
7. What does Pollan begin to realize as he is preparing for his hunter's license?
8. Where can Pollan buy some of the Salatin farm's produce?
9. What is in the meal that Pollan makes at the end of this section, which he describes as being phenomenal?
10. Why is Bev having troubles getting his eggs into stores and into the market?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)