|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the company that raised Pollan's steer not allow him to do?
(a) Pay for his steer.
(b) Come to see the farm.
(c) Watch it be processed.
(d) Take any notes.
2. _________ hunters are hugely secretive, according to Pollan's observations.
(b) Wild boar.
3. It is not uncommon today to have all family members eating ___________ at different times.
(a) Bland foods.
(b) The same foods.
(c) Easy to digest foods.
(d) Different foods.
4. The family _______, one of the remaining parts of America's food culture, is in decline, according to Pollan.
5. Both food that is prepared and harvested as well as that from a store should be a part of an occasional _______ meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan has never ________ before he begins the new opportunity to learn about food chains.
2. The alliance between chefs and small farmers is what helps _____________ flourish.
3. What is the herbal tea that Pollan makes to help finish off the meal he has made?
4. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
5. What does Bev deal in that is causing him a lot of financial problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the ways in which humans have learned to overcome the plant's defenses?
2. What does Garro bring to the meal that Pollan has already asked him to bring?
3. Why do humans seem to eat what other humans eat, according to Pollan?
4. What does Salatin suggest stores should do with their food which might make consumers shop differently?
5. What are the eating patterns in many American households today?
6. What does Pollan try to make, but then decides that he shouldn't use it because it doesn't seem right?
7. What are some of the downsides for shopping for local, sustainably grown foods?
8. Why does Salatin disagree with the argument that organic food costs too much?
9. What does Pollan believe that CAFO does not take into consideration when processing meat?
10. What does Pollan begin to realize as he is preparing for his hunter's license?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)