|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garro chops up the meat from the pig Pollan made, and they make a __________ for lunch.
(a) Side dish.
2. Store purchased foods, according to Salatin, do not take into consideration environmental and health ________.
3. Garro states that he does not hunt for the thrill of the _________, but for the food he can catch.
4. What would the company that raised Pollan's steer not allow him to do?
(a) Take any notes.
(b) Pay for his steer.
(c) Come to see the farm.
(d) Watch it be processed.
5. What is a sign that the food is something that should not be eaten again?
(d) Good taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
2. What is Pollan eating when he attempts to read Peter Singer's book?
3. The hunter's _______ is the feeling of everything coming into sharp focus, and Pollan feels this during his first day.
4. Pollan and the guests at the dinner achieve the pleasures of the ________, a camaraderie during the meal.
5. The tart is made with _________ from Pollan's neighbor's garden as a dessert.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Salatin disagree with the argument that organic food costs too much?
2. What does Pollan believe that CAFO does not take into consideration when processing meat?
3. What does Salatin suggest stores should do with their food which might make consumers shop differently?
4. What does Pollan feel when a boar is right before him and his gun was not cocked?
5. What does Pollan begin to experience after a day of hunting for a wild boar?
6. What are some of the downsides for shopping for local, sustainably grown foods?
7. What does Pollan begin to realize as he is preparing for his hunter's license?
8. Why is there a national eating disorder, according to Pollan's findings?
9. Why is Bev having troubles getting his eggs into stores and into the market?
10. What does Ortega y Gasset have to say about the idea of hunting?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)