|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan thinks that if stores had to include __________ of how an item was produced, people would change their eating habits.
2. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
3. Both food that is prepared and harvested as well as that from a store should be a part of an occasional _______ meal.
4. Gasset points out to Pollan that he believes _________ returned humans back to nature, and Pollan agrees.
(a) The organic farmers.
(b) The econony.
(d) The New Age movement.
5. Pollan notes that the last meal serves as a reminder of the fact that eating industrially lets people _________ the massive total cost of the food they eat.
(d) Add to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
2. Pollan believes that the hunter and gatherer food chain is the most ___________.
3. Pollan notes that the end meal was _______ for him, according to the book.
4. Bentham makes the argument that if there are some humans that lack the brainpower of a ________, why are they still included in the moral argument?
5. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Salatin disagree with the argument that organic food costs too much?
2. What does Pollan point out as being a failing of the industrialized food chain?
3. What does Pollan begin to realize as he is preparing for his hunter's license?
4. What is the reason why Garro hunts for the food in the woods?
5. What does Pollan point out about the loss of meat in one's diet?
6. What does Ortega y Gasset have to say about the idea of hunting?
7. What does Pollan suggest that our intelligence allows a person to do that an animal cannot?
8. Where can Pollan buy some of the Salatin farm's produce?
9. What are the eating patterns in many American households today?
10. What does Pollan begin to experience after a day of hunting for a wild boar?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)