|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mushrooms, Pollan points out, can be ________, but they can also be deadly.
(c) Easy to find.
2. Pollan and the guests at the dinner achieve the pleasures of the ________, a camaraderie during the meal.
3. The tart is made with _________ from Pollan's neighbor's garden as a dessert.
4. What do Pollan and Garro decide to go out to hunt at the start of the chapter?
(c) Wild boar.
5. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ is another tool that humans use to decide if a food is good to eat, which helps to avoid foods that smell rotten.
2. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
3. What is the number of the steer that Pollan has picked out for his meal?
4. Store purchased foods, according to Salatin, do not take into consideration environmental and health ________.
5. Pollan makes __________ toasts from the produce in his garden and bread that uses yeast he has gathered.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Salatin suggest stores should do with their food which might make consumers shop differently?
2. What does Pollan point out about the loss of meat in one's diet?
3. What is the other part of the meal that Pollan has to abandon as a part of his plan?
4. What is in the meal that Pollan makes at the end of this section, which he describes as being phenomenal?
5. Why is Bev having troubles getting his eggs into stores and into the market?
6. What are some of the ways in which humans have learned to overcome the plant's defenses?
7. How does Pollan change his eating habits after reading "Animal Liberation"?
8. What do omnivores do when they are faced with a new food?
9. What does Garro bring to the meal that Pollan has already asked him to bring?
10. What is Pollan surprised about when he begins to eat the meal that he has prepared?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)