|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is not uncommon today to have all family members eating ___________ at different times.
(a) Easy to digest foods.
(b) Different foods.
(c) Bland foods.
(d) The same foods.
2. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
3. What is the name of the person that Pollan goes with to deliver the foods to local restaurants?
4. How many ways can a person obtain the foods from Salatin's farm?
5. Mushrooms, Pollan points out, can be ________, but they can also be deadly.
(d) Easy to find.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garro states that he does not hunt for the thrill of the _________, but for the food he can catch.
2. The family _______, one of the remaining parts of America's food culture, is in decline, according to Pollan.
3. _________ foods are those that are generally recognized to be toxic to humans.
4. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
5. Both food that is prepared and harvested as well as that from a store should be a part of an occasional _______ meal.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pollan point out as being a failing of the industrialized food chain?
2. What does Pollan try to make, but then decides that he shouldn't use it because it doesn't seem right?
3. What does Pollan begin to experience after a day of hunting for a wild boar?
4. What does Pollan suggest that our intelligence allows a person to do that an animal cannot?
5. What does Pollan believe that CAFO does not take into consideration when processing meat?
6. What is Pollan surprised about when he begins to eat the meal that he has prepared?
7. What is in the meal that Pollan makes at the end of this section, which he describes as being phenomenal?
8. What does Ortega y Gasset have to say about the idea of hunting?
9. What are some of the downsides for shopping for local, sustainably grown foods?
10. What does Pollan begin to realize as he is preparing for his hunter's license?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)