|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ help pair foods that complement one another not just in flavor, but in use as well.
(c) Meal plans.
(d) Medicine men.
2. Pollan wants to say ________ to the animals for the meal, but realizes this is already in the meal.
3. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
4. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
5. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Animal Rights.
(b) Animal Liberation.
(c) Animals are All Right.
(d) Animal Persecution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Store purchased foods, according to Salatin, do not take into consideration environmental and health ________.
2. What does Pollan do with Garro, even though he has to turn away from disgust at one point?
3. Garro states that he does not hunt for the thrill of the _________, but for the food he can catch.
4. Humans also overcame their _________ in plants through cooking, grinding, or soaking the foods.
5. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason why Garro hunts for the food in the woods?
2. What is in the meal that Pollan makes at the end of this section, which he describes as being phenomenal?
3. Why do humans seem to eat what other humans eat, according to Pollan?
4. What does Ortega y Gasset have to say about the idea of hunting?
5. What do omnivores do when they are faced with a new food?
6. What are the eating patterns in many American households today?
7. What is the other part of the meal that Pollan has to abandon as a part of his plan?
8. What does Pollan point out as being a failing of the industrialized food chain?
9. Why is there a national eating disorder, according to Pollan's findings?
10. What does Pollan believe that CAFO does not take into consideration when processing meat?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)