|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan also makes two entrees, one of grilled and one of braised __________.
2. Who has helped Bev out by giving him a lot of produce to get by?
(c) No one.
3. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
(b) Nursing homes.
4. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
5. The meal was perfect, according to Pollan, not because of the food, but he took part in the ________ and preparation.
Short Answer Questions
1. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
2. Pollan sees some mushrooms which he believes to be ___________, though he is not sure enough to eat them.
3. _________ changed the way that humans ate, and put humans at the top of the food chain.
4. The hunter's _______ is the feeling of everything coming into sharp focus, and Pollan feels this during his first day.
5. Garro offers to help Pollan go out to look for __________ with others.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pollan change his eating habits after reading "Animal Liberation"?
2. What are the eating patterns in many American households today?
3. What does Ortega y Gasset have to say about the idea of hunting?
4. Where can Pollan buy some of the Salatin farm's produce?
5. Why does Salatin disagree with the argument that organic food costs too much?
6. What is the fundamental argument in Singer's book about the ethics of meat?
7. Why do humans seem to eat what other humans eat, according to Pollan?
8. What does Pollan point out as being a failing of the industrialized food chain?
9. What does Garro bring to the meal that Pollan has already asked him to bring?
10. What is the irony that Pollan sees when he is looking over the delicious meal?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)