|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan notes that the fact that humans have the _______ to question eating animals makes them different.
2. Americans can develop an eating culture that allows omnivores to eat without _____, according to Pollan, and with full consciousness.
3. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
4. Neither being ignorant or aware is a completely _________ way of eating in the world today.
5. __________ is another tool that humans use to decide if a food is good to eat, which helps to avoid foods that smell rotten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garro states that he does not hunt for the thrill of the _________, but for the food he can catch.
2. Who is considered to be the first researcher of the omnivore's dilemma?
3. What does Pollan decide that he wants to gather from a local pond, though he ends up not using it?
4. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
5. Pollan begins to understand that eating the meat is the final act of the __________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)