|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the primary emotion that Pollan feels when he shoots and kills his first boar?
2. Pollan notes that the end meal was _______ for him, according to the book.
3. Garro chops up the meat from the pig Pollan made, and they make a __________ for lunch.
(c) Side dish.
4. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
5. What is the name of the person that Pollan goes with to deliver the foods to local restaurants?
Short Answer Questions
1. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
2. What does Bev deal in that is causing him a lot of financial problems?
3. _________ changed the way that humans ate, and put humans at the top of the food chain.
4. Who has helped Bev out by giving him a lot of produce to get by?
5. What is the herbal tea that Pollan makes to help finish off the meal he has made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pollan begin to realize as he is preparing for his hunter's license?
2. What does Pollan feel when a boar is right before him and his gun was not cocked?
3. What is the other part of the meal that Pollan has to abandon as a part of his plan?
4. What is the reason why Garro hunts for the food in the woods?
5. What does Pollan attempt to do as he is reading the book "Animal Liberation"?
6. Why is Pollan disgusted by the picture of him with a pig that he hunted?
7. Why do humans seem to eat what other humans eat, according to Pollan?
8. What are the eating patterns in many American households today?
9. What is in the meal that Pollan makes at the end of this section, which he describes as being phenomenal?
10. What does Pollan point out about the loss of meat in one's diet?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)