|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan notes that one of the lessons of hunting for food is _________, and of the relationships between man and food.
2. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
3. The modern CAFO does not take into consideration the _________ of an animal when processing them.
4. Pollan is disgusted when he looks at a picture of himself with his kill and sees ________.
(a) His grin.
(b) The eyes of the boar.
(c) A somber expression.
5. Pollan doesn't feel the same about the picture a few months later and wonders which emotion is more accurate - the happiness or the ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan has never ________ before he begins the new opportunity to learn about food chains.
2. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
3. Pollan sees some mushrooms which he believes to be ___________, though he is not sure enough to eat them.
4. Neither being ignorant or aware is a completely _________ way of eating in the world today.
5. Pollan notes it is ironic that in order to make a delicious meal, one must destroy a _______ first.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)