|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
(a) Roller Park.
(b) Berkeley Park.
(c) People's Park.
(d) Garden Park.
2. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
3. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
4. Gene Kahn is the founder of ______ Farm, which is a giant organic company that uses industrial methods.
5. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
2. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
3. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
4. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
5. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pollan point out as a downside of there being more organic farms around today?
2. What does Naylor admit that he and most other growers grow in their corn fields?
3. What does a person need to know in order to succeed with grass farming?
4. What are some of the other creatures and ingredients that are a part of the picture of the natural cow eating the natural grass?
5. Why are the chicken pens slowly moved around the pasture during the day?
6. What are three of the benefits to grass farming, as outlined by Pollan?
7. What happens during the wet mill process of processing corn?
8. What does the lack of a good culture in America cause among people?
9. What does Pollan point out is the start of any of the foods in the food chain, which came as a surprise to him?
10. What happened as a result of corn having mutated early on in its use?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)