|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
(a) Corn mallow.
(b) Corn starch.
(c) Corn meal.
(d) Corn husks.
2. Humans also overcame their _________ in plants through cooking, grinding, or soaking the foods.
3. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
4. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
5. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan notes that one of the lessons of hunting for food is _________, and of the relationships between man and food.
2. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
3. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
4. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
5. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)