|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
2. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
3. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
4. Salatin uses the animals to create a _________ system that also bolsters efficiency on the farm.
5. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
2. It is not uncommon today to have all family members eating ___________ at different times.
3. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
4. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
5. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)