|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the book that is considered to be the organic grower's bible?
(a) A New View.
(b) Growing in the Dirt.
(c) Growing with Dirt.
(d) An Agricultural Testament.
2. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
(a) Hard work.
3. The pastures are filled with native grasses that actually benefit from ____________.
(b) Organic yogurt.
4. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
(d) Organic blends.
5. The modern CAFO does not take into consideration the _________ of an animal when processing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
2. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
3. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
4. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
5. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)