|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan notes that the fact that humans have the _______ to question eating animals makes them different.
2. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
(a) Big box stores.
(b) Feed lots.
(d) Neighboring farmers.
3. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
4. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(a) No one.
(c) Native Americans.
(d) Dutch royalty.
5. Store purchased foods, according to Salatin, do not take into consideration environmental and health ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
2. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
3. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
4. The family _______, one of the remaining parts of America's food culture, is in decline, according to Pollan.
5. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)