|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
2. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
3. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(b) New Deal.
4. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Animal Rights.
(b) Animal Liberation.
(c) Animals are All Right.
(d) Animal Persecution.
5. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan and the guests at the dinner achieve the pleasures of the ________, a camaraderie during the meal.
2. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
3. Pollan argues that ______ should be the basis for a new revolution, since it is what sustains and helps define culture.
4. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
5. Depending on how the animals were ________, different foods can contain different amounts of omega fatty acids.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)