|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
2. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
3. __________ is another tool that humans use to decide if a food is good to eat, which helps to avoid foods that smell rotten.
4. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
5. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
(a) Solar power.
(c) Fossil fuels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
2. What is Pollan eating when he attempts to read Peter Singer's book?
3. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
4. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
5. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)