|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
2. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
3. Many of the products at the health store where Pollan shops contain foods from the _________ food chain.
(b) Local farmer.
4. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
5. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
2. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
3. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
4. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
5. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)