|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
(d) Throw away.
2. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
3. Many of the products at the health store where Pollan shops contain foods from the _________ food chain.
(b) Local farmer.
4. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
(c) More expensive.
(d) More intensive.
5. What does Pollan need to prepare for that allows him to become more aware of his natural surroundings?
(a) Final meal.
(b) Hunting license.
(c) First meal.
(d) His book's deadline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
2. What is the book that is considered to be the organic grower's bible?
3. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
4. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
5. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)