|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salatin's ______ invented many of the methods of farming that are used on the farm today.
2. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
3. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
(b) More expensive.
(d) More intensive.
4. What does Pollan need to prepare for that allows him to become more aware of his natural surroundings?
(a) First meal.
(b) His book's deadline.
(c) Hunting license.
(d) Final meal.
5. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
2. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
3. Pollan notes that the fact that humans have the _______ to question eating animals makes them different.
4. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
5. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)