|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the number of the steer that Pollan has picked out for his meal?
2. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
(a) Young brothers.
(c) Young fathers.
(d) Young mothers.
3. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
4. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
(a) Corn meal.
(b) Corn mallow.
(c) Corn husks.
(d) Corn starch.
5. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
2. Pollan notes that the fact that humans have the _______ to question eating animals makes them different.
3. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
4. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
5. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)