|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
2. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
3. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
4. Salatin uses the animals to create a _________ system that also bolsters efficiency on the farm.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet substrate.
(b) Dry dock.
(c) Wet mill.
(d) Dry mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
2. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
3. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
4. Who has helped Bev out by giving him a lot of produce to get by?
5. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)