|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The alliance between chefs and small farmers is what helps _____________ flourish.
(a) Cooking schools.
(b) Local economies.
(d) Grocery stores.
2. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) Artificial sweeteners.
(b) Corn oil.
(d) High fructose corn syrup.
3. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
4. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
5. Organic farms might still look like industrial farms, but they do not use ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overcoming human senses had sometimes been vital, as in the case of bitter ______________.
2. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
3. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
4. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
5. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)