|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
2. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
(a) Berkeley Park.
(b) People's Park.
(c) Roller Park.
(d) Garden Park.
3. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
(b) Hard work.
4. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
5. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The alliance between chefs and small farmers is what helps _____________ flourish.
2. Salatin points out that being ________ doesn't necessarily mean that a farm is also going to be sustainable.
3. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
4. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
5. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)