|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
2. What does Pollan need to prepare for that allows him to become more aware of his natural surroundings?
(a) Hunting license.
(b) His book's deadline.
(c) Final meal.
(d) First meal.
3. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
4. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
(d) Throw away.
5. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
Short Answer Questions
1. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
2. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
3. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
4. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
5. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)