|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a sign that the food is something that should not be eaten again?
(c) Good taste.
2. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
(a) Richard's Organic Foods.
(c) Whole Foods.
(d) Trader Joe's.
3. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
(a) Relationship of an.
(b) Species of an.
4. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
5. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
2. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
3. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
4. Humans also overcame their _________ in plants through cooking, grinding, or soaking the foods.
5. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)