|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan thinks that if stores had to include __________ of how an item was produced, people would change their eating habits.
2. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
3. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
(a) Whole Foods.
(b) Richard's Organic Foods.
(d) Trader Joe's.
4. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
5. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
2. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
3. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
4. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
5. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)