|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The dairy market.
(b) The organic chain.
(c) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(d) The industrial chain.
2. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
3. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(b) Processed foods.
(c) Bottled water.
(d) Egg sandwiches.
4. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
5. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan tries to be vegetarian, but gives it up as he finds it less ________ and much more difficult.
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
3. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
4. What does Pollan need to prepare for that allows him to become more aware of his natural surroundings?
5. America does not have consistent eating _______, which is what has caused a national eating disorder.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)