|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
2. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
3. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
4. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
5. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
2. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
3. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
4. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
5. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)