|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
2. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
3. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
4. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(a) Dutch royalty.
(c) No one.
(d) Native Americans.
5. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
2. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
3. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
4. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
5. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)