|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
2. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
3. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
4. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
5. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
2. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
3. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
4. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
5. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)