|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(a) Government help.
2. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
3. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
4. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
(c) Organic blends.
5. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
2. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
3. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
4. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
5. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)