|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
2. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
3. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
(b) Organic blends.
4. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The organic chain.
(b) The dairy market.
(c) The industrial chain.
(d) The hunter-gatherer chain.
5. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
Short Answer Questions
1. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
2. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
3. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
4. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
5. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)