|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Earl Butz.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Ed Burrow.
2. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
3. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
4. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
5. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
2. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
3. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
4. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
5. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)