|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
2. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(a) New Deal.
3. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
4. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(c) Government help.
5. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
2. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
3. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
4. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
5. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)