|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
2. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
3. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
4. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
5. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
2. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
3. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
4. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
5. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)