|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
2. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(d) New Deal.
3. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
4. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
5. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The industrial chain.
(b) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(c) The dairy market.
(d) The organic chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
2. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
3. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
4. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
5. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)