|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
2. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
3. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
4. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(d) New Deal.
5. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
2. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
3. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
4. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
5. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)