|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(b) The organic chain.
(c) The dairy market.
(d) The industrial chain.
2. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
3. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
4. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
5. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
Short Answer Questions
1. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
2. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
3. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
4. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
5. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)