|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
2. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
3. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
4. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
5. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
2. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
3. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
4. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
5. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)