|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
2. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(a) High quality.
3. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(a) Dutch royalty.
(c) No one.
(d) Native Americans.
4. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
5. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
2. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
3. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
4. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
5. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)