|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
2. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
(a) Food supplies.
(b) Oil wells.
3. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Ed Burrow.
(c) Earl Butz.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
4. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(c) High quality.
5. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
(a) Solar power.
(c) Fossil fuels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
2. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
3. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
4. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
5. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)