|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(b) Government help.
2. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
3. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
4. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
5. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
2. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
3. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
4. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
5. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)