|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
2. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
3. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
4. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
5. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
2. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
3. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
4. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
5. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)