|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(b) Dutch royalty.
(c) No one.
(d) Native Americans.
2. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
3. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(b) The dairy market.
(c) The industrial chain.
(d) The organic chain.
4. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(b) Government help.
5. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(b) New Deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
2. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
3. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
4. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
5. Corn became a _________ because of its many applications for use by the settlers.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)