|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
(a) Fossil fuels.
(c) Solar power.
2. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(a) No one.
(c) Native Americans.
(d) Dutch royalty.
3. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
4. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
5. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(c) New Deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
2. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
3. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
4. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
5. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)