|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
2. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(d) High quality.
3. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
4. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
5. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
2. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
3. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
4. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
5. Corn takes in more carbon _______ during the process of photosynthesis than other plants.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)