|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
2. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(d) New Deal.
3. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(d) Government help.
4. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(b) The organic chain.
(c) The industrial chain.
(d) The dairy market.
5. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(a) High quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
2. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
3. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
4. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
5. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)