|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(d) New Deal.
2. Pollan hopes to bring the reader back to their original _______ of food.
3. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(b) High quality.
4. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
5. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
(b) Food supplies.
(d) Oil wells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
2. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
3. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
4. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
5. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)