|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
2. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
3. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
4. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(b) New Deal.
5. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
2. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
3. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
4. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
5. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)