|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(d) High quality.
2. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
3. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
4. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
5. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(a) Government help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
2. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
3. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
4. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
5. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)