|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
2. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
3. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
(b) Oil wells.
(d) Food supplies.
4. What does Naylor avoid when he is growing his crop on his farm?
(b) Government help.
5. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Earl Butz.
(c) Ed Burrow.
(d) Gerald Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
2. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
3. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
4. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
5. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)