Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salatin points out that being ________ doesn't necessarily mean that a farm is also going to be sustainable.
2. What does Pollan admit he liked more than he had anticipated liking?
(a) Writing the book.
(c) Gathering mushrooms.
3. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
4. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
5. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boars do Pollan and the others find when they go back to hunt after lunch?
2. Pollan tries to be vegetarian, but gives it up as he finds it less ________ and much more difficult.
3. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
4. What does Pollan decide that he wants to gather from a local pond, though he ends up not using it?
5. Pollan notes it is ironic that in order to make a delicious meal, one must destroy a _______ first.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)