Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the farm that George Naylor runs when Pollan goes to visit him to learn more?
2. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(d) Breakfast cereal.
3. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
4. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
5. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
Short Answer Questions
1. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
2. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
3. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
4. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
5. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)