|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
2. Hybrid corn is a __________ hog, according to this chapter, and is able to be grown without disruption of fertility issues.
3. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
4. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
5. At the beginning of the food chain is ________, which surprised Pollan when he realized this.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
2. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
3. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
4. The invention of synthetic materials also meant that _________ would become necessary to fix the nitrogen.
5. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)