|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
2. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(b) Baking soda.
3. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
4. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
(a) Egg sandwiches.
(b) Bottled water.
(c) Processed foods.
5. _________ foods are those that are generally recognized to be toxic to humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan argues that ______ should be the basis for a new revolution, since it is what sustains and helps define culture.
2. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
3. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
4. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
5. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)