|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
(d) Wood chips.
2. The hunter's _______ is the feeling of everything coming into sharp focus, and Pollan feels this during his first day.
3. Salatin points out that being ________ doesn't necessarily mean that a farm is also going to be sustainable.
4. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
5. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overcoming human senses had sometimes been vital, as in the case of bitter ______________.
2. What is NOT one of the things that humans consult in order to determine what they will and will not eat?
3. ________ help pair foods that complement one another not just in flavor, but in use as well.
4. Pollan has never ________ before he begins the new opportunity to learn about food chains.
5. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)