|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of the products at the health store where Pollan shops contain foods from the _________ food chain.
(c) Local farmer.
2. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
3. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
4. Pollan tries to be vegetarian, but gives it up as he finds it less ________ and much more difficult.
(a) Socially acceptable.
5. What is the name of the once trash strewn park that was turned into a community garden?
(a) Garden Park.
(b) People's Park.
(c) Roller Park.
(d) Berkeley Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
2. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
3. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
4. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
5. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)