|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(b) Taco Bell.
(d) Burger King.
3. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
(b) World view.
(c) Season cycle.
4. Pollan argues that ______ should be the basis for a new revolution, since it is what sustains and helps define culture.
5. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
(b) Government protection.
(d) USDA rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan points out that humans are happy to eat what _________ eat, as this communicates the safety of food.
2. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
3. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
4. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
5. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)