|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
2. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
3. Corn is also able to limit the ______ lost during the process of photosynthesis, according to the book.
4. Pollan doesn't feel the same about the picture a few months later and wonders which emotion is more accurate - the happiness or the ________.
5. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
2. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
3. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
4. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
5. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)