|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The hunter's _______ is the feeling of everything coming into sharp focus, and Pollan feels this during his first day.
2. Gasset points out to Pollan that he believes _________ returned humans back to nature, and Pollan agrees.
(b) The New Age movement.
(c) The econony.
(d) The organic farmers.
3. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
4. Pollan believes that the hunter and gatherer food chain is the most ___________.
5. Pollan thinks that if stores had to include __________ of how an item was produced, people would change their eating habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What store does Pollan go to in order to begin creating a store-purchased organic meal?
2. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
3. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
4. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
5. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)