|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
2. Since they don't have to worry about nitrogen, farmers no longer have to ________ their crops to ensure soil fertility.
3. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(d) Breakfast cereal.
4. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
5. The family _______, one of the remaining parts of America's food culture, is in decline, according to Pollan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garro states that he does not hunt for the thrill of the _________, but for the food he can catch.
2. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
3. The alliance between chefs and small farmers is what helps _____________ flourish.
4. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)