|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
2. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(a) Add nutrients.
(b) Change the names of.
(c) Add contests to.
3. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
4. _________ changed the way that humans ate, and put humans at the top of the food chain.
5. Humans also overcame their _________ in plants through cooking, grinding, or soaking the foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The increased ______ of corn has meant a drop in crop space for other plants, according to Naylor.
2. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
3. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
4. Salatin's is an _________ farm, dedicated to the old agrarian ideas of how things should be grown.
5. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)