|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
2. Gene Kahn is the founder of ______ Farm, which is a giant organic company that uses industrial methods.
3. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
4. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
5. Who is considered to be the first researcher of the omnivore's dilemma?
Short Answer Questions
1. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
2. Each acre of corn, according to Pollan needs to have _________ gallons of fossil fuel to support it.
3. Pollan points out that the industrial method of farming has led to increased ________ and polluted groundwater.
4. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
5. What do Pollan and Garro decide to go out to hunt at the start of the chapter?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)