|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
2. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Earl Butz.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Ed Burrow.
3. What does Pollan admit he liked more than he had anticipated liking?
(c) Writing the book.
(d) Gathering mushrooms.
4. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
5. Synthetic _______, invented by Fritz Haber as a side effect of his work on bombs in Germany, meant that crops could be grown without care about the amount of this substance on the Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
2. ________ help pair foods that complement one another not just in flavor, but in use as well.
3. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
4. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
5. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)