|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
2. Salatin's ______ invented many of the methods of farming that are used on the farm today.
3. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Animal Persecution.
(b) Animal Rights.
(c) Animals are All Right.
(d) Animal Liberation.
4. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(b) Add nutrients.
(c) Change the names of.
(d) Add contests to.
5. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Pollan goes with to deliver the foods to local restaurants?
2. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
3. Garro offers to help Pollan go out to look for __________ with others.
4. Pollan sees some mushrooms which he believes to be ___________, though he is not sure enough to eat them.
5. Salatin disagrees with the idea that organic food is ___________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)