|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pollan find himself first questioning what the food on the market is made of?
2. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
3. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
(a) Corn mallow.
(b) Corn husks.
(c) Corn starch.
(d) Corn meal.
4. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
5. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet mill.
(b) Dry dock.
(c) Dry mill.
(d) Wet substrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Humans also overcame their _________ in plants through cooking, grinding, or soaking the foods.
2. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
3. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
4. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
5. How many ways can a person obtain the foods from Salatin's farm?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)