|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced the idea of using corn to the English settlers?
(a) Native Americans.
(c) Dutch royalty.
(d) No one.
2. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
3. Gasset points out to Pollan that he believes _________ returned humans back to nature, and Pollan agrees.
(a) The New Age movement.
(b) The econony.
(c) The organic farmers.
4. _________ Farm started out as a small farm that sold pre-bagged salad mix, according to the book.
5. The family _______, one of the remaining parts of America's food culture, is in decline, according to Pollan.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
2. Pollan learns that most organic _______ comes from factory farms, even though they seem to be "better."
3. Pollan has never ________ before he begins the new opportunity to learn about food chains.
4. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
5. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)