|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(b) Baking soda.
2. Pollan has never ________ before he begins the new opportunity to learn about food chains.
3. By _______, the government became involved in the organic market, as it sought to define what it meant to be organic.
4. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
5. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
2. How many atoms does corn utilize during photosynthesis, unlike others?
3. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
4. What is the name of the person who began to take away the programs to help the farmers?
5. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)