|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
2. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
3. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
4. The lack of a food _______ is something that causes humans to be susceptible to food fads.
5. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
(a) Neighboring farmers.
(c) Big box stores.
(d) Feed lots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Salatin's ______ invented many of the methods of farming that are used on the farm today.
2. Pollan thinks that if stores had to include __________ of how an item was produced, people would change their eating habits.
3. What does Pollan admit he liked more than he had anticipated liking?
4. Pollan equates the feeling of everything coming into focused while also being completely relaxed to being ________.
5. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)