|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the book that is considered to be the organic grower's bible?
(a) Growing in the Dirt.
(b) Growing with Dirt.
(c) An Agricultural Testament.
(d) A New View.
2. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
3. Pollan wants to create a meal in full ________ of the foods involved and how they came to be on his table.
4. Mushrooms, Pollan points out, can be ________, but they can also be deadly.
(b) Easy to find.
5. Industrial communities sell __________, while the artisinal sells a special product.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
2. Bev sells to _______ worried about their children, and for those choosing to opt out of the industrial system.
3. Pollan has never ________ before he begins the new opportunity to learn about food chains.
4. What was the primary emotion that Pollan feels when he shoots and kills his first boar?
5. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)