|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The industrial chain.
(b) The organic chain.
(c) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(d) The dairy market.
2. What does Pollan do with Garro, even though he has to turn away from disgust at one point?
(a) Eviscerate the boar.
(b) Clean his gun.
(c) Eat a piece of flesh.
(d) Paint his face.
3. Salatin's ______ invented many of the methods of farming that are used on the farm today.
4. As a result of the new government agreement, the market is flooded with _______ corn.
(d) High quality.
5. Corn ________ early on to mass produce, but this also made the plant dependent on humans and animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
2. Pollan is disgusted when he looks at a picture of himself with his kill and sees ________.
3. Pollan points out during the book that omnivores face a __________ when they eat today.
4. A new program was introduced to pay the farmers directly for the difference in price between the target and the selling price of ________.
5. What is Pollan eating when he attempts to read Peter Singer's book?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)