|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan tries to be vegetarian, but gives it up as he finds it less ________ and much more difficult.
(d) Socially acceptable.
2. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
3. What were the programs that were set up in order to help farmers during the rougher years?
(c) New Deal.
4. What do many farmers rely on in order to create higher yields at their farms?
5. Pollan doesn't feel the same about the picture a few months later and wonders which emotion is more accurate - the happiness or the ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the body can one determine just how much corn is being eaten by the person?
2. Gasset points out to Pollan that he believes _________ returned humans back to nature, and Pollan agrees.
3. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
4. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
5. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)