|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pollan do with Garro, even though he has to turn away from disgust at one point?
(a) Clean his gun.
(b) Eat a piece of flesh.
(c) Paint his face.
(d) Eviscerate the boar.
2. What does Pollan begin helping Salatin do when this chapter begins?
(a) Milk a cow.
(b) Make hay.
(c) Add fertilizer.
(d) Weed the land.
3. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
(b) Nursing homes.
4. Pollan believes that the hunter and gatherer food chain is the most ___________.
5. Corn is also self _______ and wind pollinated, which is a process that Pollan describes in detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
2. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
3. What would the company that raised Pollan's steer not allow him to do?
4. The early researcher notes that _______ can be the result of situations that remind humans of their animal nature.
5. A new economy, based on a new way of __________, demands a new kind of eating where people enjoy preparing meals.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)