|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen through Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The dairy market.
(b) The organic chain.
(c) The industrial chain.
(d) The hunter-gatherer chain.
2. The factories from the war time began to produce ________ for farmers to help with their crops.
(b) Organic blends.
3. Garro states that he does not hunt for the thrill of the _________, but for the food he can catch.
4. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
5. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
2. What is the underlying foundation of the entire Salatin farm, according to Pollan?
3. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
4. What does Pollan need to prepare for that allows him to become more aware of his natural surroundings?
5. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)